OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
It's weird.

D&D wanted to bow out and move onto other projects, so they shortened the last two seasons to wrap everything up.

But how much extra time would 7 more episodes have been? Ten episode season 7. Ten episode season 8. Everything still finishes by 2019. How much time was really saved? How much did budget play into everything? How do you get burnt out with a GOAT show in your lap? :mindblown:

I'd be salivating at the chance to slowly turn Daenerys to the dark side. They bout to tackle Star Wars. This twist shoulda been a layup. :dead::mindblown:

I'm over here :laff: imagining diehard Star Wars fans watching all this unfold. Y'all can't catch a break. :dead:

Can't wait for time to pass and we get the real scoop on wtf went down behind-the-scenes. :banderas:
This is still better than the last jedi:manny:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
597b43c21a00009bc1dc0fa6.jpeg

too busy for some damn throne

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Brehs I just thought about something...

WTF DID TYRION TALK TO BRAN ABOUT IN EPISODE 2?!?? They completely abandoned that. I want to know if Bran’s useless ass dropped him with some gems at least.

Brans actor said the convo was just Bran telling Tyrion about becoming the 3 Eyed Raven, his journey up North from season 3 - 6.

Nothing useful

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I don’t buy it.

Shorty has history of mental illness in her deeply inbred family and 90% of her friends died this season causing her to crack. What is unbelievable here?
Jon has history of mental illness in his inbred family, had(up to that point) the love of his life die in his arms, was literally killed by his sworn brothers, saw someone he thought was his little brother die just moments before he could save him, etc. He didn't crack. Maester Aemon never cracked, Rhaegar never cracked. Dany had all of these things happen to her yet was chilling on Dragonstone doing nothing, agreed to Tyrion's proposal about the bells, and proceeded to very accurately attack just the opposing force during battle. Having just accomplished what she set out to do after all this time, the battle won and the Iron Throne just waiting for her to sit on, she "goes mad" and does the one thing her character development through seven seasons has told us she wouldn't do. But you want to ask us what's unbelievable here?:comeon:

"Bu-bu-bu but she said she'll take what's hers with fire and blood:mjgrin:"
Yeah, and that's exactly what she's done since the beginning without killing an innocent soul:comeon:

"Bu-bu-bu- but she watched her brother murdered and kept a straight face:mjgrin:"
Stannis watched his daughter burned at the stake(on his orders) with a straight face even as she pleaded for her life. He looked at his wife's lifeless corpse swinging from a tree as a direct result of his actions with a straight face.
Jon hung a child with a straight face. His first action as Lord Commander was beheading a dude for insubordination. Dude cried for mercy, Jon stared at him and took his head off anyway. Arya baked human beings into pies and watched someone eat them, with a straight face.
Cersei ordered innocent children murdered, blew up a sept full of people, etc all with a straight face.:comeon:
"Well, she makes mean faces and can be unpleasant:mjgrin:"
We're done here:comeon:

Which character in this show would you give three dragons to and expect to go around fighting for the common folk while putting their own personal ambitions/self interests on the back burner, btw?:jbhmm:

Tell me how the "Master of Whispers" who knew all about Dany's movements on another continent decided she was the one he was going to follow. He knows how she got to where she's gotten, how she has the armies she has, how she managed to take over these cities, yet somehow he sees something after the fact that suddenly makes him think she's so unfit he's not only willing to commit treason, he also has a child attempting to poison her? What is different about the Dany post-Varys as opposed to the one pre-Varys? This is the same Dany that knows you had a hand in her attempted murder and knows Tyrion is the son and sibling of her enemies, yet takes both of them into her counsel. Which one of the Westerosi lords is doing the same?

I also love the cliche/lazy use of a random character declaration to set ground rules and thus establish something as fact. They substitute fleshing out this supposed descent into madness by merely repeating the shyt about the God's flipping a coin when a Targaryen is born. Varys said it so it must be true:manny: shyt is exactly like
Banner essentially establishing the rules of time travel in a couple seconds for the sake of plot
Dany going the Mad Queen route has always been one of the lazier, yet more probable fan theories in my opinion. Her dad was crazy so she'll be crazy too always sounded dumb as hell. But I was always cool with it happening because it'd be epic if done right. The fact that we're getting this lazy theory happening and it's being executed so poorly just makes it twice as bad.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This guy claims that after next weeks episode he has information on how and why this shyt went down the tubes that he can't reveal yet.

There is nothing to explain...D&D were ready to move on and didn’t want to give their series a proper wrap, HBO didn’t flex by replacing them to get the full (10) seasons they were ready to break bread for.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
But I guess for HBO it would have been difficult to find another showrunner (or runners) to pick up the baton, and this is what we ended up with.
Nah, everyone from established names to folks trying to make a name for themselves would have knocked themselves over to take over this property, HBO might have saved money on salary here :heh:

any writer/runner with knowledge of the books/lore and a passion to work on the show would’ve submitted their name, plus I’m sure a bulk of the writing and production staff would’ve stayed put.