OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
It's weird.

D&D wanted to bow out and move onto other projects, so they shortened the last two seasons to wrap everything up.

But how much extra time would 7 more episodes have been? Ten episode season 7. Ten episode season 8. Everything still finishes by 2019. How much time was really saved? How much did budget play into everything? How do you get burnt out with a GOAT show in your lap? :mindblown:

I'd be salivating at the chance to slowly turn Daenerys to the dark side. They bout to tackle Star Wars. This twist shoulda been a layup. :dead::mindblown:

I'm over here :laff: imagining diehard Star Wars fans watching all this unfold. Y'all can't catch a break. :dead:

Can't wait for time to pass and we get the real scoop on wtf went down behind-the-scenes. :banderas:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
No we pissed because of fukking stupid WRITING :russ::russ::russ:

nikkas really trying this whole "You just mad you didn't get your way:troll:" fukk shyt when we really had to sit through Ned getting his head chopped off , Robb getting betrayed and murked at a wedding, etc. and nikkas was still rocking with the show. So now what changed........oh yeah the writing.

I don’t buy it.

Shorty has history of mental illness in her deeply inbred family and 90% of her friends died this season causing her to crack. What is unbelievable here?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Watch this last episode start with a scene of Kings Landing burning.
The shots linger showing bodies burned to ash, the city crumbling, and a mad Dany looks over the destruction as she laughs hysterically.
Then suddenly we see Jon wake in a cold sweat.
We all realize the last episode was merely a vision Bran was sending to Jon in his sleep and what we were seeing was the future if Jon did not step up and challenge Dany.
The battle of kings landing plays out the same way except when the bells ring and everyone surrenders, Jon runs towards Dany and kills her.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps

:dead:

I didn't even catch he said that the first time, I was too busy paying attention to the dany shyt lol they f'real forgot this man whole story arc started from him killing the king to protect innocent people, he jumped in a pit to fight a bear and lost his arm to protect briane, then went to to fukking north to protect the living. But he don't care? Ok :pachaha:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
This guy claims that after next weeks episode he has information on how and why this shyt went down the tubes that he can't reveal yet.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Brehs I just thought about something...

WTF DID TYRION TALK TO BRAN ABOUT IN EPISODE 2?!?? They completely abandoned that. I want to know if Bran’s useless ass dropped him with some gems at least.

Daps

WTF DID TYRION TALK TO BRAN ABOUT IN EPISODE 2?!?? They completely abandoned that. I want to know if Bran’s useless ass dropped him with some gems at least.
I wonder what Bran's role will be in this final episode. He's the last representation of the supernatural elements of the show other than Dany's dragon. No more Lord of Light as far as I can tell unless the Lord of Light has a part to play in this final episode as well. However, I think Melisandre dying represents the shift from the supernatural back to politics.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
How much did budget play into everything? How do you get burnt out with a GOAT show in your lap? :mindblown:

If one thing seems to be sure, is that it wasn't about budget. HBO told them they would give them the bag for more EPs or seasons. They confirmed this in that EW interview last month.

But I guess for HBO it would have been difficult to find another showrunner (or runners) to pick up the baton, and this is what we ended up with.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
The wolf obsession is so strange. nikkas were crying Jon didn’t take him to Kingslanding. Really? Y’all supposedly care about this animal’s well-being but you want Jon to enlist him in another war? :stopitslime:

Give it break the wolves haven’t been relevant in years now.
Litterally no one did this...

You stans reading comprehension is on the same level of D&D creative writing skills...

The complaints about ghost were centered around piss poor CG and the lack interaction between him and Jon...He was half the size he was in previous seasons and for some reason Jon can't be in the same scene as him even in a fukking farewell scene...

Notice how nobody complained about Arya and Nymeria because Nymeria wasn't discarded as irrelevant like ghost was...

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I

knowing bran, it was probably something stupid like a hair gel recipe he got from 300 years ago
so the writers decided to abandon it like everything else they failed at fleshing out

Daps

Couldn't have been that deep of a conversation: Tyrion's dumb ass didn't even realize he was "no longer Brandon Stark" and had no interest in being Lord of Winterfell in episode 4:beli: