OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
He doesn’t say he disagrees with Dany going mad. That’s likely to be a plot point in the books, it wil just be handled differently
And nobody here has a problem with her going mad. Why do y’all keep saying that?

What he said was this isn’t true to what he wanted. He also said hbo was convincing them to add bullshyt plots and stories to characters with high Q ratings. And said they are rushing and really needed 5 more seasons to even begin to make it like he wanted

Those have been our complaints. That the writing took a dive, it was rushed, and her going mad wasn’t fleshed out enough.

Now y’all gonna argue with the creator when two seconds ago you was quoting him as the reason it all made sense. I’m guessing he changed his mind from 2013 to 2019

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And nobody here has a problem with her going mad. Why do y’all keep saying that?

What he said was this isn’t true to what he wanted. He also said hbo was convincing them to add bullshyt plots and stories to characters with high Q ratings. And said they are rushing and really needed 5 more seasons to even begin to make it like he wanted

Those have been our complaints. That the writing took a dive, it was rushed, and her going mad wasn’t fleshed out enough.

Now y’all gonna argue with the creator when two seconds ago you was quoting him as the reason it all made sense. I’m guessing he changed his mind from 2013 to 2019
The post you responded to was about Dany going mad as a plot point. Otherwise I don’t disagree

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of folks here blaming D&D 100%, but they shouldn't be taking all the blame.The thing is, the writer himself (George RR Martin) has specifically stated this was how the books were supposed to end.

This was the deliberate plan, Daenerys was supposed to go crazy from the jump.

But really think about it - this plot all its characters, etc. were written and thought of nearly 30 years ago, when the books started.

Martin probably never saw the minority and feminist movement of social media coming. This book and television series is an example of old-fashioned thinking, because it was created by old-fashioned thinking and perspectives. The minorities and their pretty beauty queen were supposed to lose.

Those "pretty" white women and minorities weren't really a part of the dungeons and dragons scene back then, so this story really wasn't supposed to be for them (us).

Which goes to show: this is what happens when you're not thinking globally - your product, reputation and legacy suffers. People are not going to be nearly as interested in the prequels, merchandise sales will drop, etc.

I honestly think this is why D&D were kind of like "breh, we're going to turn off our cell phones and take a vacation." when they were asked what they were going to do during the last episode. I seriously think they knew the ending was going to trigger a lot of folks. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to sway Martin somewhere later down the line but dude kept to his guns.

What the hell are you babbling about? :heh:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
b9e1napmecy21.png

See, this is where bullshyt complaints gets lumped with legit complaints and drags everything down to "ridiculous" territory.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Take your bets as to what is NOT going to be covered in the finale.

A) Bronn and his castle
B) Who or what is the Lord of light and what does he want specifically now? Is he happy now or not yet? Is he ever happy?
C) Is that it for the faceless men?
D) Does Tyrion get Caterly Rock then? And who is the Prince of Dorne? Is Sansa going to link up with that snotty nosed kid in the Vale?
E) Is Mereen not important at all anymore? Daario? The 2nd Sons still out there?
F) What was the song Varys heard? Was it just the sorcerers ipod playing?

I’ll take any L like a man if I’m wrong, but there is no way...absolutely no fukking way whatsoever that this show has a satisfying ending in 80 minutes

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See, this is where bullshyt complaints gets lumped with legit complaints and drags everything down to "ridiculous" territory.
This. Bunch of characters on that list that should have died seasons ago and nobody cares about.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
nikkas won't be satisfied until Jon tongue kisses Ghost goodbye and thanks him for being relevant a whole 4 seasons ago. :dead:
The wolf obsession is so strange. nikkas were crying Jon didn’t take him to Kingslanding. Really? Y’all supposedly care about this animal’s well-being but you want Jon to enlist him in another war? :stopitslime:

Give it break the wolves haven’t been relevant in years now.

Daps
welp,looks like the stans are gonna have to find another excuse for why this shyt is so trash

Cant use the “this is the ending GRRM gave them” excuse anymore

I still don’t understand why HBO let D&D rush their biggest show off the air instead of just bringing in a new show runner and writers

I would’ve loved 5 more season of Thrones with different writers

Yea HBO really fukked up by letting D&D continue with this fukkery. They no longer cared about GoT and just wanted to move onto other things.

What makes is worse is HBO was going to give them more money for more seasons/episodes and they turned them down.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
FAX.

With Robb in particular, that shyt had me tight af. If you go back to season 3 thread I was talking major shyt, "Young Wolf swaggin on you nikkas, sonning Tywin at every turn got them running to avoid battles, ain't caught an L yet:lawd:"

Book readers were egging me on like :mjgrin:

Then the fukking Red Wedding happened :snoop::sadcam::why:

I was pissed the fukk off, but never turned on the show and I didn't even see that turn coming....cuz it didn't just happen out of thin air with shytty writing. Every time I rewatch season 3 it's hard seeing every misstep he makes. Just thinking bout it now got some dust in my eyes. RIP Young Wolf. You made mistakes but you ain't deserve that shyt. :mjcry:
Boy just wanted to hunch on exotical wimmens :mjcry: