Superstar
Daps
b9e1napmecy21.png

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
A lot of folks here blaming D&D 100%, but they shouldn't be taking all the blame.The thing is, the writer himself (George RR Martin) has specifically stated this was how the books were supposed to end.

This was the deliberate plan, Daenerys was supposed to go crazy from the jump.

But really think about it - this plot all its characters, etc. were written and thought of nearly 30 years ago, when the books started.

Martin probably never saw the minority and feminist movement of social media coming. This book and television series is an example of old-fashioned thinking, because it was created by old-fashioned thinking and perspectives. The minorities and their pretty beauty queen were supposed to lose.

Those "pretty" white women and minorities weren't really a part of the dungeons and dragons scene back then, so this story really wasn't supposed to be for them (us).

Which goes to show: this is what happens when you're not thinking globally - your product, reputation and legacy suffers. People are not going to be nearly as interested in the prequels, merchandise sales will drop, etc.

I honestly think this is why D&D were kind of like "breh, we're going to turn off our cell phones and take a vacation." when they were asked what they were going to do during the last episode. I seriously think they knew the ending was going to trigger a lot of folks. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to sway Martin somewhere later down the line but dude kept to his guns.

Bro. I literally just posted a current interview from GRRM. He sides with us and said this is not what he wanted

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What does he know about character development and pacing? What does he even know about the thoughts and emotions of character has has been portraying for 8 seasons:skip: It's perfectly good story telling for him to fukk and leave 10 minutes later. Why does he need scenes that inform him and the audience about his mind state, or a mini arc within the season where he tries out a new life but cannot escape the gravity of the black hole that is Cersei? Why show any of that on screen? He must just want shyt spelled out to him, word to @Peak :mjlol:

:troll:
Quote the Stupid Lannister to back your argument brehs :troll:

Daps
No we pissed because of fukking stupid WRITING :russ::russ::russ:

nikkas really trying this whole "You just mad you didn't get your way:troll:" fukk shyt when we really had to sit through Ned getting his head chopped off , Robb getting betrayed and murked at a wedding, etc. and nikkas was still rocking with the show. So now what changed........oh yeah the writing.

FAX.

With Robb in particular, that shyt had me tight af. If you go back to season 3 thread I was talking major shyt, "Young Wolf swaggin on you nikkas, sonning Tywin at every turn got them running to avoid battles, ain't caught an L yet:lawd:"

Book readers were egging me on like :mjgrin:

Then the fukking Red Wedding happened :snoop::sadcam::why:

I was pissed the fukk off, but never turned on the show and I didn't even see that turn coming....cuz it didn't just happen out of thin air with shytty writing. Every time I rewatch season 3 it's hard seeing every misstep he makes. Just thinking bout it now got some dust in my eyes. RIP Young Wolf. You made mistakes but you ain't deserve that shyt. :mjcry: