OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I'm kinda getting tired of the same arguments going back for the last 15 pages but I stumbled on this

This dude is funny. Check out his recaps for a laugh.

J1h4sn4_d.jpg

OxvGyoU_d.jpg

aA5OD8z_d.jpg

:laff::laff:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Ladies and Gentlemen. IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED

GRRM shytS ON THE FINAL SEASON.... Cypher complete. Now who gonna argue??

https://www.unilad.co.uk/film-and-tv/george-rr-martin-a-little-sad-with-what-hbo-have-done-to-game-of-thrones/

Martin himself has spoken wistfully about his mixed feelings towards the show in an interview with Rolling Stone, stating:

Of course you have an emotional reaction. I mean, would I prefer they do it exactly the way I did it? Sure. […]

It can also be traumatic. Because sometimes their creative vision and your creative vision don’t match, and you get the famous creative differences thing — that leads to a lot of conflict.

You get totally extraneous things like the studio or the network weighing in, and they have some particular thing that has nothing to do with story, but relates to ‘Well this character has a very high Q Rating so let’s give him a lot more stuff to do’.

He added:
The series has been… not completely faithful. Otherwise, it would have to run another five seasons

Breh literally said they in the writers room, making bullshyt happen, cause of popularity of characters (plot armor) and Q ratings
welp,looks like the stans are gonna have to find another excuse for why this shyt is so trash

Cant use the “this is the ending GRRM gave them” excuse anymore

I still don’t understand why HBO let D&D rush their biggest show off the air instead of just bringing in a new show runner and writers

I would’ve loved 5 more season of Thrones with different writers

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
hbo can never finish off shows. game of thrones, the wire and sopranos all had shyt last seasons

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
Best believe Bron is gonna have an important role.
You REALLY think he finna let his castle go with Tyrion bein the ONLY one he knows will pay it back guaranteed?
Naah man, whatever danger Tyrion is in Bronn is gonna get him out of it to secure his prize
I predict Dany to wanna off Tyrion for setting Jaime free against her orders after warning him she would if he fukks up again.
Sumn happens to Jon causing him to die (remember he said his ending was “disappointing” )
At the last minute Bronn is gonna pull up and get the drop on Dany like he did with Tyrion and Jaime in episode 4.
He kills Dany and tells Tyrion “I TOLD I want my fukkin corners” :birdman:
Tyrion who is the shortest guy on the show, the one in the family no one expected to have a claim ends up on the throne.
D&D has the forced “against all odds” justification for any backlash

Link to any of these nominated videos?

Link to Gendry shyttin on D&D?

Here's Lindsay Ellis

Lindsay Ellis on "The Hobbit" Trilogy - YouTube

Gendry's 30 seconds in

The Blind Man

Illuminated Attitude Adjuster
Daps
Reppin
The Republik of Mancunia
Yo the way peeps are defecating on this shows rep, is nuts!

I fukks with it still. shyt was like a movie.

Dany couldn't hold The Dragon back any longer, if Fire & Blood are The House words, sometimes shyts gotta burn!

When Tywin rocked up to KL during the rebellion, The Targs must have have been relieved!?

Tywin was his oldest homie, trusted bannermen. The same bells would have rung!?

Tywin betrays The Targs and 8 seasons later, A Targ is back at KL on a Dragon with Tywins daughter sat in the house that Targs built!

Oh yeah, and your family words are "fire and blood"

shyt was ill!

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
The actors shyt on GOT

The 'GoT' Cast Seems Just as Disappointed with This Season as You Are

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, the actor who played Jaime Lannister, basically admitted to Vanity Fair that his whole Brienne love subplot felt supremely rushed to him, too:

But if Jaime’s decision to have sex with Brienne and then leave her feels like such a swift reversal your head is still spinning, Coster-Waldau is sympathetic: “We’re used to having a whole season to get to a point. Now suddenly, a lot of things happen very quickly.” The actor says he has to fill in a lot of the details for himself.

And look at what Conleth Hill (who portrays Varys) had to say in a recent interview with EW:

Were you disappointed not to have a final scene with [Littlefinger actor Aidan Gillen] last year?
I was very bummed to not have a final scene with him. I was bummed not to have any reaction to him dying, if he was my nemesis. That’s been my feeling the last couple seasons, that my character became more peripheral, that they concentrated on others more. That’s fine. It’s the nature of a multi-character show. It was kind of frustrating. As a whole it’s been overwhelmingly positive and brilliant but I suppose the last couple seasons weren’t my favorite.

Last edited:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Im guessing Bronn is not gonna be in the last episode

Wtf was the point of that sub-plot they gave that character this season :mjlol:

Take your bets as to what is NOT going to be covered in the finale.

A) Bronn and his castle
B) Who or what is the Lord of light and what does he want specifically now? Is he happy now or not yet? Is he ever happy?
C) Is that it for the faceless men?
D) Does Tyrion get Caterly Rock then? And who is the Prince of Dorne? Is Sansa going to link up with that snotty nosed kid in the Vale?
E) Is Mereen not important at all anymore? Daario? The 2nd Sons still out there?
F) What was the song Varys heard? Was it just the sorcerers ipod playing?

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Every since i read the spoilers after episode 3 ago I noticed its alot of people that have been in this thread all season posting spoilers and acting like its a theory

HIT THE REPORT BUTTON
SO THEY CAN GET BANNED.

:devil:
:evil:

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
what are these prequels based on - like which of his short stories/lore books? are those worth reading?

Last I read it's based off of Age of Heroes which was just an era referred to in the books. No actual book though. But will lead to the Long Night (which GRRM wanted them to name it.)

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
What’s amazing to me, D&D ducking and hiding like straight pussies. “But they don’t use the internet”

Yea fukking right. Ain’t no way on god green earth, that friends, family, text messages, pulling up cnn, watching tv, walking the streets, talking to execs about new jobs and work....... no way in hell they haven’t seen/heard the backlash

And instead of actually trying to make some sense of things. They tucked and hid like little bytches. Are they dumb? Star Wars? You know how many goddamn events and comic cons and pressers you gotta do? Star Wars won’t even be a topic of conversation when you ran away from Thrones. People just gonna grill you on that the whole time and ask nada bout anything else.

This might truly end their careers. I have NEVER seen a show fall from Grace like this. It was like they went from 5 to 15. These dudes was pretty much locked into GOAT status, and might not ever get mentioned again after this.