OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
For whatever reason, the cast of GoT for the most part hasn’t been typecast. They been eating good as fukk, overall. They even gave Kitt that Pompeii movie. I can’t see the breh who plays Varys getting a lot of roles because he has such a unique look, or maybe Maise; but, the rest of them stay popping up in some shyt.
he's actually very much a super average white guy...could easily be be a pompous ass of a dad, a lawyer, a butler, bro @ the bar, etc. don't know that he stood out enough to get tons of roles, actually many of them won't be getting big budget film roles anyway, but it's not his look that will hold him back
b7shzmj15mwhpjml1l7u

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
People talking about Varys and Littlefinger that’s all GRRM once they ran out of book material those 2 and Tyrion became useless. These two dumb fucboi writers could never do those characters justice. Had littlefinger spend an entire season posted up on the wall at winterfell following Sansa around like a puppy.:hhh:
Real talk. My brother in law came to live with me around season 5 and he started watching Thrones with me on Sundays. He couldn't be bothered to binge seasons 1-5, but he heard about the series, and wanted to check it out from where I was watching so I just explained the gist of the series and he was like bet:ehh:

When he asked me about Littlefinger and Varys, or in his words, Mayor Carcetti and that fat nikka, I explained that they were master manipulators and schemers. I was telling him they were the real powers behind game of thrones, always thinking two steps ahead, making smart moves, and that they were direct rivals. Had me hyping the shyt outta them and had him like :leon:

Man, I remember at some point he was like "when is that fat nikka gonna do some smart shyt?":mjpls:

And then I had to try to explain to him why Littlefinger would give away Sansa...I was a D&D defender back then, always trying to make sense of their writing choices, so his questions had me in there

full

Season 7 Littlefinger had him like "he is a master manipulator?:rudy:" and I had to pull up some earlier clips:mjgrin:

Fastforward to sunday, when Varys got fried he turned to me like that fat dikkless nikka ain't did nothing smart yet :heh:

I couldn't help but :mjlol:that he has watched basically 4 seasons with me (give or take a few episodes that he missed) and hasn't seen any of the smart shyt I told him about from cats like Varys, Littlefinger, and Tyrion

Last edited:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Nah....she gave the order fam.

Jaime: "Are you going to order him to kill me? I'm the only one you have left. Our children are gone, our father is one....it's just me and you now!"

Cersei: "There's one more yet to come."

Jaime: "Give the order then."

Cersei: *nods*

The nod was the signal. Every video or post about that scene is "Cersei orders Jaime's death", or a variation of that.

Even if you Google that scene, there's literally dozens of people asking why The Mountain didn't kill him after Cersei gave the order.

Fred.

https://www.quora.com/In-S07E07-of-...rsei-asked-him-to-Was-it-just-an-empty-threat

Apparently there was a leaked script that said that nod was only a bluff. I dont think shes ever just given a nod to the guy to do any other kill or sadistic shyt. But an audible "kill him" would make that nearly-mindless animal actually kill him

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
I still don't believe this "who going to sit on iron throne" is the ending. The last book is called A Dream of Spring. The White Walker has to be the final boss. Not this shyt that dumb and dumbass came up with.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I still don't believe this "who going to sit on iron throne" is the ending. The last book is called A Dream of Spring. The White Walker has to be the final boss. Not this shyt that dumb and dumbass came up with.
spring is also a metaphor for renewal, new life, etc. it doesn't mean the end game will be the WW either, but whichever confrontation is, i'm sure GRRM (if he ever writes it) will give them the full exposition, development, and resolution they need.

i don't have an issue with he throne being the final act, we just powered through two elaborately set up conflicts too quickly. d&d just dove in raw with both, didn't take the time to get the p wet at all :wow:

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
spring is also a metaphor for renewal, new life, etc. it doesn't mean the end game will be the WW either, but whichever confrontation is, i'm sure GRRM (if he ever writes it) will give them the full exposition, development, and resolution they need.

i don't have an issue with he throne being the final act, we just powered through two elaborately set up conflicts too quickly. d&d just dove in raw with both, didn't take the time to get the p wet at all :wow:

Bro I don't see this storylines matching up with those metaphors either :stopitslime:

NerdNash

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
GOT really had the potential to be the undisputed GOAT tv series.

Usually shows that have a good following and good acclaim ALWAYS taper off in quality after a few seasons, due to it either running out of good ideas, or recycled plot points, the writers getting lazy ect, and some will just keep going until they get ran into the ground and just finish with some ridiculous bullshyt season, Dexter & Lost for example, I also would of used Walking dead in that example but I’ll let it live since it’s last season was actually dope and a huge improvement over the last few years.

The Wire & Breaking Bad are both GOAT shows, but even with all of the acclaim and quality writing those shows had they still fell off slightly in their 5th seasons, not bad by a long shot, but def not as good as the seasons before, but then you have Game Of Thrones...

4 incredible seasons like the other GOAT shows, but here’s where it differs, where the others start to decline after 4 seasons this show hadn’t even got anywhere near its main plots yet, White Walkers were only a thing to people in the far north and Dani’s dragons weren’t even big enough to fly on, with the shows ability to tell an amazing story in this excellent lore rich world, with all of these interesting complex characters I remember thinking it would take like 7 or 8 seasons to get to the REALLY big world changing conflicts, which I was obviously right about, what I wasn’t right about was how I thought when it finally got here that it would be the most epic and amazing ending to a tv show ever....damn shame.

This is EXACTLY what happened.

With Battle of the b*stards right before...the best back to back of episodes in the shows history imo

:francis: