OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Season 8 isn’t well received because people realize it’s the end and it can’t get any better from here. I think season 7 was excused because people viewed it as a rushed set up to get to season 8. There’s also a bit of groupthink going on since there’s no reason why episode 2 of this season is considerably lower rated on RT and IMDB than the bad episodes in season 7.

I think people are understating how anticipated the LAST SEASON of GoT was. You had people praying "please don't let me die before I see the end of Game of Thrones." :sadcam:

This backlash is deserved. :manny:

Daps
wait...someone thought these were cookies lmaooooooo???

images

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Im guessing Bronn is not gonna be in the last episode

Wtf was the point of that sub-plot they gave that character this season :mjlol:
Best believe Bron is gonna have an important role.
You REALLY think he finna let his castle go with Tyrion bein the ONLY one he knows will pay it back guaranteed?
Naah man, whatever danger Tyrion is in Bronn is gonna get him out of it to secure his prize
I predict Dany to wanna off Tyrion for setting Jaime free against her orders after warning him she would if he fukks up again.
Sumn happens to Jon causing him to die (remember he said his ending was “disappointing” )
At the last minute Bronn is gonna pull up and get the drop on Dany like he did with Tyrion and Jaime in episode 4.
He kills Dany and tells Tyrion “I TOLD I want my fukkin corners” :birdman:
Tyrion who is the shortest guy on the show, the one in the family no one expected to have a claim ends up on the throne.
D&D has the forced “against all odds” justification for any backlash
I cant wait for Lindsay Ellis to drop her video essay:ohlawd:

Homegirl got nominated for a hugo award for her Lord of the Rings/Hobbit video essays. And she's been holding back on publicly criticizing GoT for years. If she is finally fed up then I know all that pent up frustration is going to result in a well thought and fair critique video with a central thesis and won't just be the yelling at the screen videos that have been coming out this season from other youtubers. I'm hoping she can get some behind the scene interviews like she got for Lord of the Rings. But even still, def awaiting this piff:ahh:

Link to any of these nominated videos?
The actor who plays Gendry shyt on the writers the hardest.. Grey Worm was like “you’re not gonnna be in Star Wars” :lolbron:
Link to Gendry shyttin on D&D?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

7:00 minute mark

The actor who played Jaime says he has been arguing with the writers about his character’s decisions every season since season 4. Says he especially didn’t really understand why he returned to Cersei in season 7 after the sept blew up and Tommen died.

So now we pretty much have all the actors, who have access to full scripts... even the stuff that’s never filmed, or filmed and cut......

They all in agreement this shyt is trash with terrible writing. And yet the Coli still telling us WE don’t understand and shytting on it for cool points.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
26l8b8dm45y21.jpg

How it should have ended

:wow:

that would’ve been scary and truly gripping television...I’m not really a fan of the night king “winning” it all...but compared to how this shyt is playing out now this would’ve probably been a better alternative

Last edited:

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
26l8b8dm45y21.jpg

How it should have ended

imagine the night king winning the battle of winterfell, then completely sacking the rest of Westeros and finally Kings Landing. Then the surviving fighters of winterfell and the rest of Westeros and Dorne take him out in one last battle at a burnt out kings landing in the series finale.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
1. Why would Dany be afraid to attempt an assassination because of one personal guard? Why would any of her advisors be like "can't do that, the mountain might get em:whoa:"

2. That twitter poster was right, Dany has sent in solders secretly into a city before. Both in Yunkai and at
Casterly Rock. It makes no sense why she wouldn't try what has worked before. At the very least to open the gates, if not to sneak into the Red Keep for an attempt to remove Cersei before a full on assault.

3. Dany's advisors happen to know THE MOST of anyone living about the secret passage ways in KL. Tyrion and Varys know all about the city, inside and out. Davos too apparently. Tyrion would have to either feign ignorance (making himself look more useless and or like a traitor) or tell Dany how they could sneak into the city, which would have made for good drama. And by all accounts, Varys would be all about taking out a single malevolent monarch to install another one. Why wasn't this even mentioned as a possibility?

4. We've had Ramsay and his 20 good men infiltrate Stannis' camp, we've had Bronn sneak into Winterfell with a crossbow, we've had Daario sneak into Dany's camp with multiple weapons, we've had Tyrion smuggle himself into KL, we've had Theon and co sneak onto Eurons ships to rescue Yara, and a ton more instances where characters accomplish something by sneaking. This wasn't suggested once? The only options was this contrived "Kill everybody or kill nobody" scenario?

5. ARYA IS A FACELESS MAN. They have a faceless man, who happens to be on her way to assassinate Cersei anyway. It's like everyone has forgotten that she just ended the apocalypse by defeating death itself.

Whether or not these assassins would have succeeded in their hit job is irrelevant. My point is why wasn't it at the very least considered? It seemed like the most straightforward compromise between the two extremes they kept putting on the table (sack the city vs diplomacy)
Good stuff. :ehh: