OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Have we talked about how trash Brienne p*ssy must be for Jamie to be running back to die with his ex/sister before the night was even done? :sadcam: post but clarity hit so hard the nikka couldn't even fall asleep
:mjlol:

I do think we're supposed to believe days or weeks have passed and he didn't just bounce before his dikk even dried off:francis:

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Bronn finna get his goddamn Castle.

Ima be mad as F U C K if the homie been riding with them fukkboi Lannisters for EIGHT SEASONS being promised a Castle and he don’t get his prize. If they don’t even acknowledge him they shoulda killed him off last season when he saved Jamie.
Maybe he will

A Lannister always pays his debts :ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I don’t remember the past seasons that well so I could be wrong but barring the FF Sansa, chit, arya could’ve probably united the north and allied with dany for at least the long night.

I would expect jon to be more of a factor if he was worthy of resurrection.

Well Arya’s not shall we say a “Rousing Leader Of Men” like Jon is. Jon inspires and motivates people to fight for a common good. Arya doesn’t give encouraging speeches and she has no true war training to plan battles.

The issue is, as with most of the problems with S7 and S8, the series hasn’t done a GREAT job of showing Jon be really special at any of that. His battle plans go awry (and he doesn’t have Sansa to blame as he rightly did in BOTB) he’s only given one real “epic” speech all season (after the Long Night) he didn’t get to kill the NK, he failed to reassure Dany that he wasn’t a threat, he failed to convince Sansa and Arya that Dany would be a good queen, he blabbed the secret of his heritage to the ONE person in all of fukking Winterfell he should NEVER EVER trust because “Family”, and he’s generally just looked sullen and sad all goddamn season long. His character development took a HUGE downturn this season and it makes him look disposable and weak, which makes the endgame of his resurrection seem woefully irrelevant

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Well Arya’s not shall we say a “Rousing Leader Of Men” like Jon is. Jon inspires and motivates people to fight for a common good. Arya doesn’t give encouraging speeches and she has no true war training to plan battles.

The issue is, as with most of the problems with S7 and S8, the series hasn’t done a GREAT job of showing Jon be really special at any of that. His battle plans go awry (and he doesn’t have Sansa to blame as he rightly did in BOTB) he’s only given one real “epic” speech all season (after the Long Night) he didn’t get to kill the NK, he failed to reassure Dany that he wasn’t a threat, he failed to convince Sansa and Arya that Dany would be a good queen, he blabbed the secret of his heritage to the ONE person in all of fukking Winterfell he should NEVER EVER trust because “Family”, and he’s generally just looked sullen and sad all goddamn season long. His character development took a HUGE downturn this season and it makes him look disposable and weak, which makes the endgame of his resurrection seem woefully irrelevant
Adding to that, we never even got to see Jon himself convince a northern house to join his cause. Davos is the one that convinced House Mormont to join because the dead were coming. Even though Jon was the one that has actually seen White Walkers. I thought it was crazy that Jon couldn't get the Mormonts by himself when he had a connection to Jeor. And then the Glovers straight shytted on him.

Jon has really been written as a pathetic character in these final two seasons with no real redeeming qualities that made him worth bringing back.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Adding to that, we never even got to see Jon himself convince a northern house to join his cause. Davos is the one that convinced House Mormont to join because the dead were coming. Even though Jon was the one that has actually seen White Walkers. I thought it was crazy that Jon couldn't get the Mormonts by himself when he had a connection to Jeor. And then the Glovers straight shytted on him.

Jon has really been written as a pathetic character in these final two seasons with no real redeeming qualities that made him worth bringing back.

I mean shyt at least let the man kill the Ice Dragon or SOMETHING.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For some reason they've written Jon to be a complete idiot incapable of telling a lie like George Washington or some shyt. He was willing to lie in earlier seasons for the greater good. But now for some reason he blurts out his identity to Dany right before a big battle, and then blurts it to his family even though he doesn't want the crown. It makes no sense why he wouldn't just keep it to himself. But we have to just accept that he cannot lie about anything, ever, now for some reason.
Not to mention this nikka being a double agent which is how he linked up with the wildlings in the first place:mjlol:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The cast of the show, people that get paid to hype up how great the show is, have publicly been giving this season the :francis::patrice::camby:cats are still:cape:

The worse part is the posters saying we don’t understand the writing or we’re not paying attention.:russ:
Just finished a cast of kings podcast. I know a lot of people hate Joanna Robinson, but she always got the inside scoop directly from cast and crew.

Apparently Emilia Clark had to keep a journal during the last season. She couldn’t understand any of these new motivations and basically said fukk it. Just wrote down imaginary reasons to conjure up emotion, and just played that emotion during the script. Where normally an actress is dialed into their character, and has an ability to think like them and understand why.

Basically the actress said “I don’t understand this shyt either”..... but we’re the dumb ones.

I mean do we have ANY positive chatter from anyone working on this show? Any at all? Let’s remove all fans from the convo. fukk Twitter. Ok let’s also say fukk critics. I mean they have no reason to shyt on this. But let’s say fukk them too.

Where are the cast and crew who are actually happy with this? Do we have one single tweet or quote?

Burned Verses

Superstar
Daps

She has stark blood, that means a lot to the north apparently.

:manny:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Not to mention this nikka being a double agent which is how he linked up with the wildlings in the first place:mjlol:
Yup. He stayed lying to the only woman he ever loved because he knew what he had to do.

He was prepared to walk into Maynce Radars camp on the pretense of striking a deal and assassinate him too. If they were writing season 5 Jon the way they write season 7/8 Jon, Sam would have suggested he go kill Maynce and Jon would be like "I would never stoop so low as to lie my way into his camp:picard: That is not honorable I must tell him the truth, that I am there to assassinate him:flabbynsick:"

All of that complicated morally grey shyt that made him interesting has been completely stripped away, leaving him as some righteous idiot that cannot sully himself with a lie:mjlol:

Its really because the entire plot rests on him blurting out this bullshyt so Dany can go mad. Would have been better if it was Varys or Tyrion proving they are smart again and somehow getting the information instead of turning Jon into an idiot.

Last edited:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

All the Game Of Thrones actors shyttin on D&D’s writing at this point :russ::dead:

It's all starting to make sense now. There was probably some underlying tension between the writers and actors. That's why they chose to end it early and half ass this shyt. Just to give the cast a final fukk you. Most of these actors will prolly never land another big role again. I doubt D&D expected this type of backlash though. They mighta fukked up their own careers with this bullshyt.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It's all starting to make sense now. There was probably some underlying tension between the writers and actors. That's why they chose to end it early and half ass this shyt. Just to give the cast a final fukk you. Most of these actors will prolly never land another big role again. I doubt D&D expected this type of backlash though. They mighta fukked up their own careers with this bullshyt.

Ain’t no way hell they fukking up this shyt just to mess with actors.

The shyt just sucks because they don’t have Martin’s work to adapt and they rushed the fukk out of it.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps

7:00 minute mark

The actor who played Jaime says he has been arguing with the writers about his character’s decisions every season since season 4. Says he especially didn’t really understand why he returned to Cersei in season 7 after the sept blew up and Tommen died.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Im guessing Bronn is not gonna be in the last episode

Wtf was the point of that sub-plot they gave that character this season :mjlol:
you can argue bronn hasnt had any reason for existing in the past 3 seasons other than being Jaime's buddy/savior and displaying how savage the sand snakes poison...wait they had Myrcella for that :francis: