OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
GOT really had the potential to be the undisputed GOAT tv series.

Usually shows that have a good following and good acclaim ALWAYS taper off in quality after a few seasons, due to it either running out of good ideas, or recycled plot points, the writers getting lazy ect, and some will just keep going until they get ran into the ground and just finish with some ridiculous bullshyt season, Dexter & Lost for example, I also would of used Walking dead in that example but I’ll let it live since it’s last season was actually dope and a huge improvement over the last few years.

The Wire & Breaking Bad are both GOAT shows, but even with all of the acclaim and quality writing those shows had they still fell off slightly in their 5th seasons, not bad by a long shot, but def not as good as the seasons before, but then you have Game Of Thrones...

4 incredible seasons like the other GOAT shows, but here’s where it differs, where the others start to decline after 4 seasons this show hadn’t even got anywhere near its main plots yet, White Walkers were only a thing to people in the far north and Dani’s dragons weren’t even big enough to fly on, with the shows ability to tell an amazing story in this excellent lore rich world, with all of these interesting complex characters I remember thinking it would take like 7 or 8 seasons to get to the REALLY big world changing conflicts, which I was obviously right about, what I wasn’t right about was how I thought when it finally got here that it would be the most epic and amazing ending to a tv show ever....damn shame.

wow very interesting points esp. the part in bold...these last 2 seasons were to supposed to be a huge “pay off” for us smh

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
when you give your life for someone who will turn out to be a tyrant
Sad-Jorah1-e1401831157690.png
nn

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
HBO hasnt cancelled it yet and I know these fukkers are salivating at the chance to make a show about Black people in chains, since that apparently gets them off.
based on what? you know they film this show in Morocco right? thats why the majority of extras have melanin. there was a time where this was filmed in ireland and the extras were...

fukk that confederate shyt, its star wars bro. No one is trying to see that franchise go to even lower lows

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Talk about firing D&D? How? You aren't going to fire a coach that took you to 7 straight finals. HBO should have worked harder to get more episodes. They needed 20 and D&D only wanted 13. They needed to throw some more bread their way to get 20.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nobody was manning the scorpions at that point
That... makes sense to you?:patrice:

and as we saw when Drogon is prepared they can't hit him.
We know this NOW after the last episode. Ceresi's men had no way of knowing that at the time :whoa:

And that whole scene made no sense outside of that stuff. Why the fukk would they think Ceresi would surrender when they showed up with 20 soldiers and down one dragon?:childplease:

Tyrion and Varys knows Ceresi better than anyone alive and they suddenly think they can appeal to her... humanity?:wtf: Varys THOUGHT Dany might go crazy and immediately started plotting her death, but Ceresi who's he's actually WITNESSED doing crazy inhumane and irrational shyt, he now thinks she can be reasoned with?:rudy:

And this is all after the last time they parlayed, she straight lied to their face and betrayed them by keeping her armies in the south.:aicmon:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
And that whole scene made no sense outside of that stuff. Why the fukk would they think Ceresi would surrender when they showed up with 20 soldiers and down one dragon?:childplease:

Tyrion and Varys knows Ceresi better than anyone alive and they suddenly think they can appeal to her... humanity?:wtf: Varys THOUGHT Dany might go crazy and immediately started plotting her death, but Ceresi who's he's actually WITNESSED doing crazy inhumane and irrational shyt, he now thinks she can be reasoned with?:rudy:

And this is all after the last time they parlayed, she straight lied to their face and betrayed them by keeping her armies in the south.:aicmon:

Tyrion wrongly thought he could appeal to Cersei's weaknesses about her children. Her unborn child. Tyrion knew that the city was falling. Also, please believe King's Landing was falling whether Cersei killed Dany or not. Tyrion thought that maybe Cersei would realize this and get the fukk out of there with her unborn baby intact. It was the last plea from Tyrion and you could see the anguish in his face because he knew that Dany wasn't giving up and if Cersei didn't give in either then shyt was about to get real ugly.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I don't think they're terrible writers who got lucky, or are terrible because they ran out of source material. I think they stopped giving a fukk.

Some of the best episodes of the series ("Battle Of The b*stards", "Hardhome", "The Winds Of Winter", "Hold The Door", etc.) either didn't happen at all in the books....or they're based on pieces of info GRR Martin gave them. They didn't have any more or less material to go off of for seasons 7 and 8....they just wanted to wrap the show up ASAP so they stopped caring.

The problem with what you're saying is, they clearly didn't set out to just be "entertaining". They were gunning for a top 5 spot. They idolize "Breaking Bad" and "The Wire". They said they hope the finale is mentioned alongside "Breaking Bad". So if that's the bar they're aiming for....and they just hit "entertaining"....then clearly they failed by their own standards.

Fred.

:yeshrug: I guess

If fans know what they can do why should they be worried about star wars? Why should Disney be concerned? I mean according to your POV they can make greatness when they give a fukk. and obviously they give a fukk about star wars

The way I look at it, writing a show with that type of attention to detail burns you out. shyt the books are how old? and we still dont have a conclusion.. I dont think its fair to shyt on these dudes like this, it takes alot to write this story, it took them a year to write the equivalent to 8 episodes (because of long run times) I cant blame them for not wanting to do anymore.. but whatever :yeshrug: im sure I will enjoy the final episode, and im sure alot of people will not :yeshrug:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug: I guess

If fans know what they can do why should they be worried about star wars? Why should Disney be concerned? I mean according to your POV they can make greatness when they give a fukk. and obviously they give a fukk about star wars

The way I look at it, writing a show with that type of attention to detail burns you out. shyt the books are how old? and we still dont have a conclusion.. I dont think its fair to shyt on these dudes like this, it takes alot to write this story, it took them a year to write the equivalent to 8 episodes (because of long run times) I cant blame them for not wanting to do anymore.. but whatever :yeshrug: im sure I will enjoy the final episode, and im sure alot of people will not :yeshrug:

There was nothing stopping them from hiring more writers and just overseeing the outline of the production. HBO was willing to give them the time and resources they needed. They said no.