OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Game-Of-Thrones-season-8-episode-5-memes.jpg
I'm glad people agree with me that S6E10 is the GOAT episode. Just perfection from start to finish :ohlawd:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
we've fallen so far from season 2:wow:

rcaf1h2kurx21.jpg

Crazy thing is that interaction was all D&D, same with Tywin/Arya which gets a ton of praise. They were great at intertwining their own stuff into the adaptation.

Their failure is in not being able to fanfic through S7 & S8 completely detached from the books (other than the broad picture finish) and opting for the shot gun approach rather than bowing out. Everybody lost here, them, the cast, Martin, and the fans.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Ten thousand of your children perished in my palm, Your Grace. Whilst you snored, I would lick your sons off my face and fingers one by one, all pale sticky princes. You claimed your rights, my lord, but in the darkness I would eat your heirs."
damn cersei really got down like that
p62zQJZ.png

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GOT really had the potential to be the undisputed GOAT tv series.

Usually shows that have a good following and good acclaim ALWAYS taper off in quality after a few seasons, due to it either running out of good ideas, or recycled plot points, the writers getting lazy ect, and some will just keep going until they get ran into the ground and just finish with some ridiculous bullshyt season, Dexter & Lost for example, I also would of used Walking dead in that example but I’ll let it live since it’s last season was actually dope and a huge improvement over the last few years.

The Wire & Breaking Bad are both GOAT shows, but even with all of the acclaim and quality writing those shows had they still fell off slightly in their 5th seasons, not bad by a long shot, but def not as good as the seasons before, but then you have Game Of Thrones...

4 incredible seasons like the other GOAT shows, but here’s where it differs, where the others start to decline after 4 seasons this show hadn’t even got anywhere near its main plots yet, White Walkers were only a thing to people in the far north and Dani’s dragons weren’t even big enough to fly on, with the shows ability to tell an amazing story in this excellent lore rich world, with all of these interesting complex characters I remember thinking it would take like 7 or 8 seasons to get to the REALLY big world changing conflicts, which I was obviously right about, what I wasn’t right about was how I thought when it finally got here that it would be the most epic and amazing ending to a tv show ever....damn shame.

They had the option of two more seasons and decided to throw "GOT" in the bushes for "Star Wars". :manny:

Fans got a right to be pissed.

Fred.

This is EXACTLY what happened.

I'm glad people agree with me that S6E10 is the GOAT episode. Just perfection from start to finish :ohlawd:

With Battle of the b*stards right before...the best back to back of episodes in the shows history imo