OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
They had the option of two more seasons and decided to throw "GOT" in the bushes for "Star Wars". :manny:

Fans got a right to be pissed.

Fred.

this is the other reason for the outrage, these dudes wanted move on to bigger projects,
why didnt HBO just hire new directors since they wanted to leave?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
She just let him go when all the archers had the arrows pulled :gucci:

Which is terrible writing, given what I just said. :gucci:

It's especially terrible writing given the fact she could've ended the war before it started by wiping out Dany and her people in the same scene.

Are you a super fan of the show or something man? I don't get why stuff like this this to be explained. :what:

Fred.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
these fukkers are writing the latest star wars trilogy :heh: They're gonna have to be protected by the FBI if they do that franchise anything like the latter half of this series :lawd:
shyt fans are already pissed at Last Jedi shyt might get even worse if their trilogy is anything close to this season in quality.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
this is the other reason for the outrage, these dudes wanted move on to bigger projects,
why didnt HBO just hire new directors since they wanted to leave?

I hope we get the answer to that at some point, because I honestly can't wrap my mind around it. HBO should've replaced them as soon as they refused to add more seasons or episodes.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

It's especially terrible writing given the fact she could've ended the war before it started by wiping out Dany and her people in the same scene.

Nobody was manning the scorpions at that point and as we saw when Drogon is prepared they can't hit him. I have a bunch of issues with this season but the nitpicks are crazy to me

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps

Are you a super fan of the show or something man? I don't get why stuff like this this to be explained. :what:

Fred.
my point is, which is it, are they terrible writers who got lucky for 7 seasons or are they terrible writers that fell on their face when the training wheels came off?

I dont think them "rushing" through this season makes them terrible writers, I dont think this season take away from the show being top 5.. the last 3 seasons of Dexter was average -poor, the last season was trash. These last two season of this show are very entertaining when you just sit back and enjoy it for what it is. You can say they rushed character development all you want but you cant say this shyt isnt entertaining. and IMO if something is entertaining it cant also be terrible. People are overeating throwing around words like terrible

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
these fukkers are writing the latest star wars trilogy :heh: They're gonna have to be protected by the FBI if they do that franchise anything like the latter half of this series :lawd:
They can do whatever they want with that Star Wars franchise, Disney has already diluted the brand. Im really worried about that Confederate project they have brewing in the back of their minds, HBO hasnt cancelled it yet and I know these fukkers are salivating at the chance to make a show about Black people in chains, since that apparently gets them off.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
If I was Disney I'd be watching the last season of "GOT" like :gucci: because this is who they're handing "Star Wars" off to.

I'd fire them if I was Disney. :manny:

Fred.

Disney cant

They promised 2 separate trilogies to Rian Johnson (director of Episodr 7 and 8) and D&D

They already silently cancelled Rians trilogy because of fan backlash. I can't see them doing that for D&D

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
my point is, which is it, are they terrible writers who got lucky for 7 seasons or are they terrible writers that fell on their face when the training wheels came off?

I dont think them "rushing" through this season makes them terrible writers, I dont think this season take away from the show being top 5.. the last 3 seasons of Dexter was average -poor, the last season was trash. These last two season of this show are very entertaining when you just sit back and enjoy it for what it is. You can say they rushed character development all you want but you cant say this shyt isnt entertaining. and IMO if something is entertaining it cant also be terrible. People are overeating throwing around words like terrible

I don't think they're terrible writers who got lucky, or are terrible because they ran out of source material. I think they stopped giving a fukk.

Some of the best episodes of the series ("Battle Of The b*stards", "Hardhome", "The Winds Of Winter", "Hold The Door", etc.) either didn't happen at all in the books....or they're based on pieces of info GRR Martin gave them. They didn't have any more or less material to go off of for seasons 7 and 8....they just wanted to wrap the show up ASAP so they stopped caring.

The problem with what you're saying is, they clearly didn't set out to just be "entertaining". They were gunning for a top 5 spot. They idolize "Breaking Bad" and "The Wire". They said they hope the finale is mentioned alongside "Breaking Bad". So if that's the bar they're aiming for....and they just hit "entertaining"....then clearly they failed by their own standards.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Disney cant

They promised 2 separate trilogies to Rian Johnson (director of Episodr 7 and 8) and D&D

They already silently cancelled Rians trilogy because of fan backlash. I can't see them doing that for D&D

If this show ends as poorly as it seems....Star Wars fans are gonna be looking at them sideways before their project even gets off the ground. Unless they deliver a GOAT level product they're gonna go out like Rian Johnson.

Fred.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
People are speculating that HBO couldn't fire D&D. They think its something in that contract that prevented it. Maybe because D&D went to GRRM about adapting the show, and he signed off on them specifically as showrunners because he valued their vision (and that they knew who Jon's mother was) and HBO only came on at the end.

HBO tends to be very pro-showrunner, so I'm not sure if they couldn't fire them or they just wouldn't want to deal with the backlash of firing the emmy award winning showrunners of the most popular show on tv. It would have been a bad look.

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
I hate how simplistically they're addressing ideas of morality in this show. Jon was willing to break his oath to the Night's Watch in earlier seasons. He killed Quorin Halfhand out of necessity. He broke his oath of celibacy with Ygritte. He said fukk it and left the Night's Watch after being betrayed.

I know it's being said over and over, but the writing has done a disservice to this show. I'm cool with how things have gone, but I hate how we've gotten here. Like, is Dany the Mad Queen now or is she just a Queen who got mad?:patrice:Insanity isn't what I saw in her actions. Missandei's last words weren't meaningless. Nothing up to this point has indicated Dany is mentally unfit. So either someone who has exhibited extreme patience and the ability to rationalize lost her mind in an instant, after already having won, or this breaker of chains who fights for the people and wants to break the wheel just threw away all of the convictions and ideals she's been shown to have for 7+ seasons merely for revenge. Neither of those choices is redeemable from a writing standpoint:snoop:

Pretty much breh, like I said grey morality is hard to conclude. Like you have people who have always seen her brutal streak as her most dominant side like here
5-F993-B74-ADCC-4081-8-AEB-372-A40966-ABB.jpg
but then you have scenes of compassion like linked below which had to grow as her power and scale of responsibility did, but compassion also had to be part of her identity from the get-go. Personally I don't see a slave having a God complex since she had no power/agency to be brutal, only a legacy which meant nothing (see Viserys). How to take away love and compassion and the pragmatism of violence so that there's only fear left I don't know but it sure was leapt to here.