NULL
6ulpe8349kx21.jpg
:russ:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate how simplistically they're addressing ideas of morality in this show. Jon was willing to break his oath to the Night's Watch in earlier seasons. He killed Quorin Halfhand out of necessity. He broke his oath of celibacy with Ygritte. He said fukk it and left the Night's Watch after being betrayed.

I know it's being said over and over, but the writing has done a disservice to this show. I'm cool with how things have gone, but I hate how we've gotten here. Like, is Dany the Mad Queen now or is she just a Queen who got mad?:patrice:Insanity isn't what I saw in her actions. Missandei's last words weren't meaningless. Nothing up to this point has indicated Dany is mentally unfit. So either someone who has exhibited extreme patience and the ability to rationalize lost her mind in an instant, after already having won, or this breaker of chains who fights for the people and wants to break the wheel just threw away all of the convictions and ideals she's been shown to have for 7+ seasons merely for revenge. Neither of those choices is redeemable from a writing standpoint:snoop:
I agree with all of this except Jon leaving the Night's Watch

The oath of the Night's Watch is for life. He died:manny:

That's why he said "Now my watch has ended:beli:" as he left

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
It's really irritating too because book Jon and earlier show Jon was more political savvy than season 7/8 Jon. Not only was Jon an idiot for telling his family about his heritage when he has zero to gain from it (if he is being honest about not wanting the crown) and it politically endangers his queen, but he was an idiot a season earlier when he told Cersei that he bent the knee for no fukking reason. Even Tyrion was like :gucci: "Can you learn how to lie?"

But I just think D&D have decided that honor=dumb, no inbetween, so to show that Jon is honorable, they have to make him a complete idiot because they go hand in hand.

And they point to Ned and say "Ned was honorable and dumb and that is why he died." I think that is a fundamental misreading of the material, especially since NED HAS LIED. But they have latched onto the "honorable people are dummies" trope and made it the entire thesis of their show. I hate what it has done to Jon as a character as a result.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dany mad queen scene was seriously great, near perfect way to show her descent. I don't think they should have changed that, only problem is that they rushed to get to that point. This is like having the red wedding, without laying the proper groundwork for why the red wedding will happen.
EXACTLY

rep

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I agree with all of this except Jon leaving the Night's Watch

The oath of the Night's Watch is for life. He died:manny:

That's why he said "Now my watch has ended:beli:" as he left
I agreed with him leaving, but goody two shoes Jon wouldn't take the literal wording as a reason to leave. He left because he wasn't with the fukk shyt, which is completely understandable. All of us would have that same reaction. He wasn't even really about to get caught up in the whole Winterfell nonsense. He was ready to hit up South Beach Memorial Day Weekend and holla at some bad Cuban bytches:mjlit:Sansa's dumbass had to go and fukk up my man's retirement plan:francis: