OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
He tried to see if things could work with Brienne and if he could have a life with her but it didn’t work out because he still loved Cersei. And he still loathed himself for wanting his sister instead. So he went back to protect her. I guess the difference is before he was willing to kill to protect his secret but now he’s willing to accept that that’s who he is and he doesn’t care if others know. He’s a flawed person.

I could rock with this if this was actually explored. But once again, this arc is a victim of a shortened season where he fukks and chucks her in the same episode.

If they had devoted time to Jaimie trying to live a new life with a new woman, several episodes of this, and we get to come to a realization that he feels like he doesn't deserve this new life, or whatever other characterization you want to arrive at to justify his decision to leave, then I could at least see what they were going for.

But they didn't do that. People are having to fill in the gaps with stuff not actually developed or shown.

As presented, his entire storyline seems like a gigantic waste of time. We didn't need 8 seasons to tell a story about how Jaimie is obsessed with Cersei and nothing ever will change it. We got the idea by season 5.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also the kingslayer that cares so much about the innocent according that picture, one of the 1st thing we saw him do was push a small child out a window for the same woman that he left at the end for.

He basically was like, I tired, but shes trash, and I'm trash and if we going to die me her and the baby gonna die together.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I could rock with this if this was actually explored. But once again, this arc is a victim of a shortened season where he fukks and chucks her in the same episode.

If they had devoted time to Jaimie trying to live a new life with a new woman, several episodes of this, and we get to come to a realization that he feels like he doesn't deserve this new life, or whatever other characterization you want to arrive at to justify his decision to leave, then I could at least see what they were going for.

But they didn't do that. People are having to fill in the gaps with stuff not actually developed or shown.

As presented, his entire storyline seems like a gigantic waste of time. We didn't need 8 seasons to tell a story about how Jaimie is obsessed with Cersei and nothing ever will change it. We got the idea by season 5.

post nut clarity is real.

And when he was lying in the bed with that...man what am I doing here look. It was a wrap.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
post nut clarity is real.

And when he was lying in the bed with that...man what am I doing here look. It was a wrap.
This internal monologue needs to be depicted on screen. An ambiguous look isn't character development.

I will say, I've never been impressed with Emilia Clarke's acting but her facial expressions and acting during her break down were almost enough to over come the poor writing.

tumblr_prg703ujjO1ut3jho_400.gif

:leon::wow:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It fleshed out his tragic end. Y'all are talking about fleshing out the stories, this man didn't leave because fukk Cersei he went up there to help with the white walkers and relieve guilt and also if the walkers win then Cersei is dead anyway.

He survived. He tried with Brienne. It didn't work. He still loved Cersei more than anything. He went back to her.

Fam he tried to be good for literally 1 1/2 episodes. :dead:

I got no problem with his arc playing out more or less the same but like everything else this season they rushed the fukk out of it so there's zero impact.

And it was very much "fukk Cersei" when he left, and the feeling was mutual....she tried to have him killed. Twice, if you count Bronn.

Cersei/Jaime going from being ok....to him bouncing....to Cersei trying to murder him twice....to "let me try to be a good guy"....to "let me go back to Cersei"....all happened within 4 episodes.

shyt is ridiculous man.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This internal monologue needs to be depicted on screen. An ambiguous look isn't character development.

I need to save this gif and the other scene right before this where she's looking crazy as fukk. It'll come in handy when I'm arguing with stans in The Booth.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Fam he tried to be good for literally 1 1/2 episodes. :dead:

I got no problem with his arc playing out more or less the same but like everything else this season they rushed the fukk out of it so there's zero impact.

And it was very much "fukk Cersei" when he left, and the feeling was mutual....she tried to have him killed. Twice, if you count Bronn.

Cersei/Jaime going from being ok....to him bouncing....to Cersei trying to murder him twice....to "let me try to be a good guy"....to "let me go back to Cersei"....all happened within 4 episodes.

shyt is ridiculous man.

Fred.

Cersei would have never had Jamie killed in her presence. She couldn't even pull the trigger on Tyrion. There was internal struggle with her too.. she felt betrayed by Jamie, she wanted him gone out of love for him, but what he was doing was for the best of both of them

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Cersei would have never had Jamie killed in her presence. She couldn't even pull the trigger on Tyrion. There was internal struggle with her too.. she felt betrayed by Jamie, she wanted him gone out of love for him, but what he was doing was for the best of both of them

:gucci:

She gave The Mountain the order to kill him. The sole reason he survived is because The Mountain refused the order, for reasons that were never explained.

Fred.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

This was hammy af to me, this and her face at the end of episode 4 were overkill :ld:

The chick who played ellaria was GOAT at facial emoting. The frustration, anger, pleading and fear all shown in this one gif :ohlawd:

tumblr_otxxnn8Qod1uatjgyo2_540.gif

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:gucci:

She gave The Mountain the order to kill him. The sole reason he survived is because The Mountain refused the order, for reasons that were never explained.

Fred.

She didn’t give the order breh go back and look at the scene.

She was ABOUT to give the order but she couldn’t do it. Even when Jamie called her bluff she didn’t give the “signal”.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Hes running Mereen i thought? At least thats what the game of thrones wiki says about Mereen

On another note just to further throw this season in the toilet

Drogon levels the biggest kingdom in Westeros in 1 episode

But Viseryon couldnt destroy the 1 rock barrier between him and jon? :pachaha:

Its just no consistency

The walls at Winterfell are enchanted with magic. :troll:

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is a case of simply wanting everything spelled out for you. :comeon: