OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

My man...
i'm not even sure what you're on about, but the whole argument was about the show runners messing up the prophecy because they had cersei have a black haired kid with robert who died...so of course it's not in the books and of course it's not gendry, wtf
So they only added that to the show so Ned can add up that their son would have black hair.. Bad writing from the jump.

gogogubari

Mjpls I'm already black
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
YERDMEH
Just because the heel turn been expected DOESNT MEAN WE HAVE TO BE OK WITH THE WAY IT WAS DONE...

If you want to see a heel turn built up properly see Walter White and Breaking Bad...

Now imagine if Walter went from teacher to full blown homicidal Narco boss in 7 episodes...That's essentially what D&D with Dany and you have cats in here caping for that nonsense...

At least you admit they fukked it up, the stans cant even bring themselves to say it could have been done better...smh
No, I get it. They fukked up, and I don’t blame anyone for being upset. The outrage should’ve been voiced when they announced only 13 episodes left. There no way that’s enough time for an audience (that probably didn’t read the books and are Tv show fans, not just GOT fans) to piece together what has been expected to happen.

I don’t even watch television. Just GOT and shameless (used to), so I can’t compare it to Narcos. Should I watch? Breaking Bad has been mentioned a lot. I think I may binge that one in a few weeks. I’m gonna start GOT over in the meantime just so I can really hate on season 8.

Daps
Should have had ten episodes the last two seasons and nixed the whole beyond the wall plot since convincing Cersei was a dumb idea and a waste of screen time.

Season 7: Dany and Jon meet and team up to face the army of the dead with the finale or penultimate episode being the battle of winterfell.

Season 8: Dany’s descent to madness over ten episodes and the confrontation with Cersei.
Would have made s7 and s8 way better

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Breh...I loved Dany going nuclear on those pasty cacs:wow:...grey worm was with the shyts cause he know the Westeri was on some:mjpls:

Beginning of the episode...she tells Jon " Ok, fear then"

This bytch was sold by her brother, betrayed by a bytch she saved...betrayed by a chick she was cool with who she then locked in a vault...people who surrendered carried out guerrilla attacks against her
(Sons of the Harpy)

Lost two dragons defending the land and when it's over none even thanks her

Finds out she went thru all that shyt just to find out she doesn't have a legitimate claim to the throne and begs her nephew to keep it a secret and still wants to be with him

nikka tells his sister who tells Tyrion who tells Varys...Dany knows these ungrateful b*stards are plotting against her.....

Jorah dies...her day one who stays loyal

Missy dies...her day one who stayed loyal

fukk a surrender...she had to show these backstabbing conniving fukks what's gonna happen if you fukk with her....Scorched. Muthafukking. Earth.

I get it and I loved it....the problem was with the delivery....there was no nuance...the writers rushed it so they can go fukk up star wars....:yeshrug:
Agree with every except star wars don't need help being f'd up, they belong together, GOOD!

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
My man...

So they only added that to the show so Ned can add up that their son would have black hair.. Bad writing from the jump.
that's not how ned added it up, he came to that conclusion by reading the hair color of a long line of baratheon's (after visiting multiple black haird b*stards of robert)

even if it was "only put in the TV show for xyz", it was not something people forgot, which goes back to your original chest thumping post calling out if people actually watch the show...seems like you should be asking yourself that question

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Dannyris been a bytch for a few seasons now. Yalljust looked past it. They built her heel turn up fine. From her getting jealous of Jon snow. Straight up sounding like a hating ass bytch to his face about dont tell them...knowing they're related and still tryna fukk dude. Almost snapping telling that little dude your dad did blah blah to my dad but you're the lord of your land now etc.. her face when that girl got executed. The list goes on. Shes been the villain for a few seasons now. But people are in love with that character for some reasons.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
No, I get it. They fukked up, and I don’t blame anyone for being upset. The outrage should’ve been voiced when they announced only 13 episodes left. There no way that’s enough time for an audience (that probably didn’t read the books and are Tv show fans, not just GOT fans) to piece together what has been expected to happen.

I don’t even watch television. Just GOT and shameless (used to), so I can’t compare it to Narcos. Should I watch? Breaking Bad has been mentioned a lot. I think I may binge that one in a few weeks. I’m gonna start GOT over in the meantime just so I can really hate on season 8.
You should definitely watch Breaking Bad...

One of the GOATs imo...

Starts off slow but picks up quick...

I also recommend Narcos...

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Damn.
Props to Dany. She put that thing together quick. Jon -> Sansa -> Tyrion-> Whoever/The World. Its like she already knew in episode 4 what would happen.

Props to Grey Worm. Dude had so many :wow: moments. I loved how he knew the dragons were coming during the face down in front of KL.. Strickland was shook and confused, Jon was just confused but grey worm stepped forward like. Thats the cue. Lets do it.

Grey worm is the only loyal dude danerys has left

I love how the soldiers threw down their swords like puzzy, and grey worm was like nah son. Y’all were quiet when my girl got her head chopped off y’all gonna pay .

Grey worm with the spear that’s a scary site

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
:picard:Hate it or love it but the cultural impact this show has had will never be matched again. Just got into the office and had a 15 minute discussion with the janitor about game of thrones, breh was saying it doesn’t make sense. When more people arrive I am ready for the debate, going to be a Game of thrones office day.:wow:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dannyris been a bytch for a few seasons now. Yalljust looked past it. They built her heel turn up fine. From her getting jealous of Jon snow. Straight up sounding like a hating ass bytch to his face about dont tell them...knowing they're related and still tryna fukk dude. Almost snapping telling that little dude your dad did blah blah to my dad but you're the lord of your land now etc.. her face when that girl got executed. The list goes on. Shes been the villain for a few seasons now. But people are in love with that character for some reasons.
Yet everything you mentioned happened in the last 2 episodes :mjlol:

But thank you for volunteering to be THE perfect example of a season 8 defender. And unironically too:deadmanny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Look at this virgin, geek hater just hating because his theories didn't pan out:troll:this season is great

D6agSwuUEAAYmKN.jpg

Game of Thrones Star Conleth Hill Says His Character 'Dropped Off the Edge' After Season 6
Hill, who has played Lord Varys on the HBO series since 2011, opened up about his thoughts on the show in a recent interview published after Sunday's controversial episode

By Joelle Goldstein
May 13, 2019 07:01 PM

Conleth Hill is getting candid about his time on Game of Thrones.

As fans of the HBO medieval fantasy series now know, Lord Varys, portrayed by Hill, 54, was one of the many characters who were killed off the show during Sunday night’s penultimate episode called “The Bells.”

Because his character’s death was so surprising — the actor has been one of the series’ more important characters since its start in 2011 — fans and Hill, alike, weren’t shy to vocalize their disappointment about his onscreen fate.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly in a recent interview, which was published after Sunday’s controversial episode, Hill admitted to feeling like a “failure” after he was written off.

“I took it very personally. I took it as a person, not as an actor or an artist,” he told the publication about learning his character’s fate. “You can’t help feeling that you failed in some way, that you haven’t lived up to some expectation that you didn’t know about.”

“The only thing that consoles you is people who worked a lot harder than you are in the same boat. So that helps,” he continued. “I don’t think anybody who hasn’t been through it can identify with it… But you take it personally, you can’t help it.”

Hill added, “At the time, nothing could console me. I kept thinking: ‘What did I do wrong?’ There wasn’t any pre-warning.”

Though Hill told EW his time on the show was “overwhelmingly positive and brilliant,” he argued that his character’s development went downhill after the sixth season.

“It just felt like after season 6, I kind of dropped off the edge,” he said, acknowledging that his thoughts were “all personal and selfish.”

“I can’t complain because it’s six great seasons and I had some great scenes these last two seasons,” he continued. “But that’s when it changed for me a little.”

If this plays out like most other prestige dramas (most of the cast doesn't do much after it ends...."Sopranos", "Breaking Bad" and "The Wire" come to mind) then I expect the "GOT" cast to really go in on the series and Weiss and Benioff after a short grace period.

If most of them continue to get work, maybe not. Because they don't want to be seen as problematic or hard to work with.

Fred.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

fans were outraged, but of course there was still goodwill and hope that if d&d said they only needed 13, then 13 it was dammit...but during season 7, most fans were already a mix of :patrice: :beli: :what: :ufdup: :fuggu:

now it's full on :camby: :fuggu:

and check out friday night lights, i don't know why people don't mention this show more, the characters are top notch, touching stories, good acting, a couple wobbly seasons, but not bad by any means. so check that out if your haven't. also bloodline on netflix is a good slow burn tv show and only 3 seasons

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Yet everything you mentioned happened in the last 2 episodes :mjlol:

But thank you for volunteering to be THE perfect example of a season 8 defender. And unironically too:deadmanny:

Her character has been an antagonist for longer than 2 seasons. I'm not about to look up everything breh. I dont have the show memorized by heart. But again people love her character for whatever reason. She hasn't been "the good guy" in almost 4 seasons. Jon snow has been the only consistent "good guy"