OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Look at this virgin, geek hater just hating because his theories didn't pan out:troll:this season is great

D6agSwuUEAAYmKN.jpg

Game of Thrones Star Conleth Hill Says His Character 'Dropped Off the Edge' After Season 6
Hill, who has played Lord Varys on the HBO series since 2011, opened up about his thoughts on the show in a recent interview published after Sunday's controversial episode

By Joelle Goldstein
May 13, 2019 07:01 PM

Conleth Hill is getting candid about his time on Game of Thrones.

As fans of the HBO medieval fantasy series now know, Lord Varys, portrayed by Hill, 54, was one of the many characters who were killed off the show during Sunday night’s penultimate episode called “The Bells.”

Because his character’s death was so surprising — the actor has been one of the series’ more important characters since its start in 2011 — fans and Hill, alike, weren’t shy to vocalize their disappointment about his onscreen fate.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly in a recent interview, which was published after Sunday’s controversial episode, Hill admitted to feeling like a “failure” after he was written off.

“I took it very personally. I took it as a person, not as an actor or an artist,” he told the publication about learning his character’s fate. “You can’t help feeling that you failed in some way, that you haven’t lived up to some expectation that you didn’t know about.”

“The only thing that consoles you is people who worked a lot harder than you are in the same boat. So that helps,” he continued. “I don’t think anybody who hasn’t been through it can identify with it… But you take it personally, you can’t help it.”

Hill added, “At the time, nothing could console me. I kept thinking: ‘What did I do wrong?’ There wasn’t any pre-warning.”

Though Hill told EW his time on the show was “overwhelmingly positive and brilliant,” he argued that his character’s development went downhill after the sixth season.

“It just felt like after season 6, I kind of dropped off the edge,” he said, acknowledging that his thoughts were “all personal and selfish.”

“I can’t complain because it’s six great seasons and I had some great scenes these last two seasons,” he continued. “But that’s when it changed for me a little.”

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
How could Dany do such a thing :mjlol:

5-F993-B74-ADCC-4081-8-AEB-372-A40966-ABB.jpg
"I am the Dragons Daughter"

So she's supposed to burn down everything her father and his ancestors built in Westeros? Ok...

"I will take what is mine, with fire and blood"

By burning down the kingdom that "was already hers" that she already gained through surrender? Alright bud....

"Slay every man who holds a whip"

Killing peasants and children in one fail swoop is the equivalent of slaying slavemasters? Got it...

"I will answer injustice with justice"

See previous quote.

"The Mad King gave his enemies the justice he thought they deserved. And each time it made him feel more powerful until the very end."

That was a slow, and ever increasingly cruel descent into madness. A madness he developed after sitting the iron throne and "seeing" plots developing all around him. A slow descent into madness, that eventually had him threatening to blow KL with the wild fire caches under the city, until Jamie slew him at the tail end of Roberts Rebellion. Even then, he got his own arc and was still plotting and scheming to make Jamie his Kingsguard to keep Jamie close to him, as a threat to his old friend Tywin Lannister. So even in his slow descent to madness he plotted before threatening to enact his final blow on KL.

"Will you kill my enemies in their iron suits and and tear down their stone houses?"

Many armies in Westeros and Essos have iron suits and live in Stone homes. Addressing the cultural differences between her Dothraki and her enemy armies. You take that whole quote and you give that same quote to any one else, we don't look at it as dubiously. At worst, depending on who the enemy is, we look at the person who said that quote as an evil genius or strategist. Ala Tywin Lannister. The popular Westerosi song "Reigns of Castemere"(pretty much a song written about Tywins vengeance) the events that song was based on, was way more horrid than anything Dany had done to this point. But I'll cede that one. Because at least Tywin was viewed as a "villain" by many. He was somewhat portrayed that way. But even then, his motivations were given more respect, than Dany's motivation to go mad was.

"Fine let it be fear"

Just about sums up Episode 5....:martin:

Those quotes would've held more weight if you contrast them with her sitting the iron throne and showing a slow descent into madness while she gets a taste of the throne. At least let her use her dragon as an ever present threat against Westerosi, and show her as a true "Dragon Queen/Mad Queen".

Last edited:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so her and her blonde hair twin produced a kid with black hair? even if they did, that's still four kids which is more than the three stated in the prophecy (who were all stated to have blonde hair)
Googled it and this never happened in the books so on the show we'll never know unless Gendry is her son..

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She was never that. She used people to get what she wanted: an army.
She could have gotten all of that with force and favors tho....yall nikkas flip flop to defend bad writing

And adviser is an adviser. They give opinions nobody has to listen to them. Dany bought in to being a just and compassionate ruler. The whole Mereen arc proved it, blind force could have solved most of her problems instantly there, but they were dragged out because she WANTED to be a good queen.

Dany has never killed im cold blood before until the second to last episode where she massacres a city?

Nah...yall being willfully dumb to defend shyt that's being panned across the internet. "She didnt care when viscerys died, mad queen yall" The reaches to reframe every death around her into an act of evil is pathetic

The show started with the most honorable man in westeros executing someone who is telling the truth on white walkers. This black and white view on killing folks are adopting for the last episode is mind numbing

Last edited:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
"I am the Dragons Daughter"

So she's supposed to burn down everything her father and his ancestors built in Westeros? Ok...

"I will take what is mine, with fire and blood"

By burning down the kingdom that "was already hers" that she already gained through surrender? Alright bud....

"Slay every man who holds a whip"

Killing peasants and children in one fail swoop is the equivalent of slaying slavemasters? Got it...

"I will answer injustice with justice"

See previous quote.

"The Mad King gave his enemies the justice he thought they deserved. And each time it made him feel more powerful until the very end."

That was a slow, and ever increasingly cruel descent into madness. A madness he developed after sitting the iron throne and "seeing" plots developing all around him. A slow descent into madness, that eventually had him threatening to blow KL with the wild fire caches under the city, until Jamie slew him at the tail end of Roberts Rebellion. Even then, he got his own arc and was still plotting and scheming to make Jamie his Kingsguard to keep Jamie close to him, as a threat to his old friend Tywin Lannister. So even in his slow descent to madness he plotted before threatening to enact his final blow on KL.

"Will you kill my enemies in their iron suits and and tear down their stone houses?"

Many armies in Westeros and Essos have iron suits and live in Stone homes. Addressing the cultural differences between her Dothraki and her enemy armies. You take that whole quote and you give that same quote to any one else, we don't look at it as dubiously. At worst, depending on who the enemy is, we look at the person who said that quote as an evil genius or strategist. Ala Tywin Lannister. The popular Westerosi song "Reigns of Castemere"(pretty much a song written about Tywins vengeance) the events that song was based on, was way more horrid than anything Dany had done to this point. But I'll cede that one. Because at least Tywin was viewed as a "villain" by many. He was somewhat portrayed that way. But even then, his motivations were given more respect, than Dany's motivation to go mad was.

"Fine let it be fear"

Just about sums up Episode 5....:martin:

Those quotes would've held more weight if you contrast them with her sitting the iron throne and showing a slow descent into madness while she gets a taste of the throne. At least let her use her dragon as an ever present threat against Westerosi, and show her as a true "Dragon Queen/Mad Queen".
To add to that image comes from the bu bu bu but it was foreshadowed in season 1 ep3 blue eyes green eyes brown eyes lames...

I have yet to hear one of these dudes mentioning Arya not completing her arc...

But that's how you defend shyt writing, cherry pick nonsense to build a strawman and when called out on it just ignore it...

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Damn.
Props to Dany. She put that thing together quick. Jon -> Sansa -> Tyrion-> Whoever/The World. Its like she already knew in episode 4 what would happen.

Props to Grey Worm. Dude had so many :wow: moments. I loved how he knew the dragons were coming during the face down in front of KL.. Strickland was shook and confused, Jon was just confused but grey worm stepped forward like. Thats the cue. Lets do it.

gogogubari

Mjpls I'm already black
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
YERDMEH
Yeah, the showed fukked up Dany’s heel by rushing the season, but, also, a heel turn from Dany HAS BEEN EXPECTED for quite some time....Maybe not to the band wagoners or the people who just skim through the show or haven’t read the books, but a heel turn HAS BEEN EXPECTED since the beginning for the majority who have been invested in GOT as a story and not just another TV show.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Googled it and this never happened in the books so on the show we'll never know unless Gendry is her son..
i'm not even sure what you're on about, but the whole argument was about the show runners messing up the prophecy because they had cersei have a black haired kid with robert who died...so of course it's not in the books and of course it's not gendry, wtf

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Hell, having Dany sitting the iron throne and being unable to resist her "Mad" fathers destiny and becoming the Mad Queen and comparing and contrasting that with Cersei having plotted and schemed and done barbarous atrocities to keep the iron throne as a Mad Queen in her own right sparked by her own deceased father's ruthlessness for his children to gain and keep power, would've been an interesting side by side to explore. Daughter's unable to avoid the sins of their ancestry and or the patriarchy.

:wow:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Yeah, the showed fukked up Dany’s heel by rushing the season, but, also, a heel turn from Dany HAS BEEN EXPECTED for quite some time....Maybe not to the band wagoners or the people who just skim through the show or haven’t read the books, but a heel turn HAS BEEN EXPECTED since the beginning for the majority who have been invested in GOT as a story and not just another TV show.
Just because the heel turn been expected DOESNT MEAN WE HAVE TO BE OK WITH THE WAY IT WAS DONE...

If you want to see a heel turn built up properly see Walter White and Breaking Bad...

Now imagine if Walter went from teacher to full blown homicidal Narco boss in 7 episodes...That's essentially what D&D with Dany and you have cats in here caping for that nonsense...

At least you admit they fukked it up, the stans cant even bring themselves to say it could have been done better...smh