OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
How is the Night King winning an easy ending? How many franchises have ended like that?

This story ending in lovers fighting is Hollywood as shyt. Not that I hate predictable endings, as long as they are well executed

that's why I believe we'll get a swerve at the end. someone totally unexpected.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
that's why I believe we'll get a swerve at the end. someone totally unexpected.

at this point it better be bran im ready to say hes the worst character in TV history for a major show :manny: yall know im already a big hater but he better do some insane crazy shyt in the last episode to redeem his bull shyt arc for seasons and how many people died protecting this bytch mafukka for basically just being a peeping tom

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lmao, I love when nikkas get chesty talking about "do you even watch the show" when it's clear that YOU missed the tidbit I'm talking about. Especially since I told you the episode and who said it:

Do YOU even watch the show? Or did you just skim through it? :jbhmm:

Joffrey Baratheon... Was Jamie's kid.. The kid she talking about here was Jamie kid.. like she gonna tell her "me and Jamie had a baby"

Daps
that Dorne struggle fight was the worst shyt I've ever seen for a big budget show.

HBbNbr6.gif

:scust:

This will never not be fukking hilarious :mjlol:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
What sucks is that I always wanted this story to end with a Dany heel turn and Jon/Dany confrontation but I never thought they had the balls to do it. Ending the series with the good guys defeating Cersei or the Night King would have been easy so I’m at least happy they tried to do something different.

The problem is they’ve told this story in the absolute worst possible way to the point where you’d rather there be this Hollywood happy ending instead of this poorly executed BS.
Nah, most people just want a happy ending because they have so much invested in certain characters. If show was as popular and social media as invested in it during first season people would've flipped over Ned's killing. Girl playing Sansa would've had to get off social media permanently, writers called sexist for portrayal of Cat and so on.

Now of course there's legitimate issues with this season, the worst one being that season is so short that it doesn't allow proper character transformations. But all this crying about writing when we're coming off of season 7 which was basically a soap opera.

"Oh no Mad King's daughter went mad :bryan: nobody warned us of this, have they no decency :damn:"

Daps
Joffrey Baratheon... Was Jamie's kid.. The kid she talking about here was Jamie kid.. like she gonna tell her "me and Jamie had a baby"

Two golden lions created a black haired baby boy? :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

tenor.gif

Ok breh, no need to continue this discourse.

(And even if you're incapable of making the obvious leap to that first kid being Robert's, that Cersei has four kids at all invalidates the prophecy.)

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
How would the Night King winning be easy ending? How many franchises have ended like that? Whole cast dead besides Arya probably

This story ending in lovers fighting is Hollywood as shyt. Not that I hate predictable endings, as long as they are well executed
The Night King winning was never going to happen. Not in the books or the show. I don’t think that would be particularly interesting and the reaction from the fanbase would be just as bad as it is now.

Turning one of your main protagonists after several years is definitely a ballsy move. Dany has basically become a feminist icon and people have been waiting years for her to cross the sea to Westeros and claim the throne. There are people that literally watch this show just for her and the dragons. To make her the final villain without having her claim the throne is definitely a move I can appreciate if done correctly and not at all a typical Hollywood emding.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
so her and her blonde hair twin produced a kid with black hair? even if they did, that's still four kids which is more than the three stated in the prophecy (who were all stated to have blonde hair)