OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:snoop: She never threatened to burn the whole city down. She wanted to fly to the red keep and kill Cersei and end the war.
Cersie probably would have held the city hostage with the wildfire stored in it.:yeshrug:
When fighting crazy amoral people you got to be more crazy and amoral to win:demonic:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
:snoop: She never threatened to burn the whole city down. She wanted to fly to the red keep and kill Cersei and end the war.
She did not care if she killed innocent people as long as she got to Cersie. Tyrion had to tell her throughout that she should play it safe and find another way because Cersie will use the innocent people. HAD to be CONVINCED.

Throughout the show, she has had to be convinced not to do bad things that she would have done if not for the advice.

Now you add the fact, that she has lost everyone close to her because of that place..seeing her finally snap is not shocking at all. She tried doing what others told her, and in the end she had nothing left. She became her trueself.

If people want to complain about the writing or the short seasons, that is fair. Ultimately I think she will have the same arc in the books. I am just not understanding people who think she was some saint and then one day got up and killed innocent people. She has been a killer, she doesn't mind doing it whether it was justified or not.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
no they didn't.. do you guys even watch the show?
Do you? Cersei tells Cat about her black haired boy who died shortly after birth when she comes to visit bran after Jamie pushed him
Bran is the most useless character in a major tv show ever. I swear I hate this nikka
How far is Bran in the stories? I'm going to blame that one on grrm, it's clear d&d struggle to write certain characters, even with a blueprint, if bran is one of the stories even grrm is tangling with, it makes sense how crap he's been in the show
Something I have been meaning to bring up is how he turned into Dr Manhattan when he received the full power of the three eyed raven but how come the old three eyed raven wasn’t like that?:stopitslime:

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
She did not care if she killed innocent people as long as she got to Cersie. Tyrion had to tell her throughout that she should play it safe and find another way because Cersie will use the innocent people. HAD to be CONVINCED.

Throughout the show, she has had to be convinced not to do bad things that she would have done if not for the advice.

Now you add the fact, that she has lost everyone close to her because of that place..seeing her finally snap is not shocking at all. She tried doing what others told her, and in the end she had nothing left. She became her trueself.

If people want to complain about the writing or the short seasons, that is fair. Ultimately I think she will have the same arc in the books. I am just not understanding people who think she was some saint and then one day got up and killed innocent people. She has been a killer, she doesn't mind doing it whether it was justified or not.
Her plan on flying to the red keep made the most sense and would save the most lives. You think Tyrion and Jon’s plan to starve the city was humane.:dahell: Peasants would be starving on the streets and Cersei would be:manny:. Give fair warning send some ravens out. shyt after seeing 3 dragons the whole castle might just say fukk it and :camby: To Cersei.None of this shyt made sense. They ended up doing what Dany wanted to anyway. And the war was done in 10 minutes and that’s with 1 fukking dragon.:martin: You’re telling me if you’re at war just pack civilians in the castle and say I’m not leaving.:troll: Other side says ok.:hubie:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How could Dany do such a thing :mjlol:

5-F993-B74-ADCC-4081-8-AEB-372-A40966-ABB.jpg

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I hadn't posted because I need to digest the bullshyt.

So forget everything.

And someone answer this.

What is the point of Dany in this story?

For six seasons she was doing her own thing in Essos. Westeros had its own thing going on the entire time; she had no influence on the events in Westeros during that time. Season 7 rolls around, and her only real accomplishment was to give the Night King the means to cross the wall.

Current Season. Her Dothraki were useless. Dragons useless. Night King killed by Arya. And remember the Night King as far as the show is concerned was only in the North because Dany's presence gave him the means. Other than that, there was never any mention of how the NK planned to cross the wall that the show DID establish Bran the Builder built using magic specifically to keep them from crossing (although Bran the Builder also used those same spells in the crypts of Winterfell... but I guess the genius writers forgot that).

Now they've turned her into a genocidal maniac because... reasons?

Can anyone tell me what the point of all this was? This isn't subversion. It's poor story-telling. Subversion or no, the audience is due a payoff. And I think the sane among us realize we won't be getting that.

:snoop:

Last edited:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
I hadn't posted because I need to digest the bullshyt.

So forget everything.

And someone answer this.

What is the point of Dany in this story?

For six season she was doing her own thing in Essos. Westeros had its own thing going on the entire time; she had no influence on the events in Westeros during that time. Season 7 rolls around, and her only real accomplishment was to give the Night King the means to cross the wall.

Current Season. Her Dothraki were useless. Dragons useless. Night King killed by Arya. And remember the Night King as far as the show is concerned was only in the North because Dany's presence gave him the means. Other than that, there was never any mention of how the NK planned to cross the wall that the show DID establish Bran the Builder built using magic specifically to keep them from crossing (although Bran the Builder also used those same spells in the crypts of Winterfell... but I guess the genius writers forgot that).

Now they've turned her into a genocidal maniac because... reasons?

Can anyone tell me what the point of all this was? This isn't subversion. It's poor story-telling. Subversion or no, the audience is due a payoff. And I think the sane among us realize we won't be getting that.

:snoop:

The point is...

The Night King was used to bring all the characters together.

Dany had no real purpose besides taking out Cersei.

Nothing after Season 7 really matters.