OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I rewatched this and I stand by my first take. shytty writing that the rest of the cast and crew did their best to make up for.

Hopefully Emilia Clarke gets an Emmy/ golden globe nom this year because she’s been killing it. Even tho Danys descent into madness was poorly done it’s nice to see Emilia finally be givin something else to do other then utter boring ass queenly declarations all the time. D&D really turned Dany, Arya and Sansa into such one night characters lacking any charisma. Arya maybe I could understand but Sansa is supposed to be a master manipulator and Dany is supposed to be one of the goats at inspiring people and yet both of them just get the most flat, boring, matter-of-fact type declarations that I guess are supposed to make them look powerful and authoritative but just come off boring and one note.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I’m at 47:34 on the Bells episode and I can’t believe they made shorty do that I’m going to bed bro

Like how you make a character caring and compassionate for years and dub all of within the span of 3-4 episodes?? How is that valid?
She was never that. She used people to get what she wanted: an army.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Shows carry on without their original producers all the time. If HBO wanted 2 more seasons, they should have gotten it. And if D&D didn't want to do it, find someone who would. Keep GRRM on as co-executive producer, get new writers, and finish the shyt right. Trying to compress so much shyt in a tight time line is hard. I dunno if they were scared of Showtime stealing D&D or something so maybe that's why they came to an agreement on this final season's length. Next man up.

Ultimately though, it's on GRRM for not finishing the shyt. Having that fleshed out source material to play with instead of an outline is huge.

Despite the pacing, I'm still enjoying the season but the pace is definitely robbing the show of even more greatness. The actors are saving the fukk out of the show given the constraints.
Add in cast drama people not wanting to film with each other .

You can tell they were over it :smh:.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The show's prophecy never says her brother will kill her.

And I've pointed out before that the show's prophecy was already wrong cuz Show Cersei and Show Robert DID have a child together. Tho I'm not convinced D&D meant to invalidate the prophecy with that anecdote from episode two when Cersei speaks of the child.

no they didn't.. do you guys even watch the show?

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
I had to google “sand snake titty gif” one last time :takedat:

Aq3TsTM.gif

Dems two of the firmest, finest titties on God's green earph.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I'm so mad about cersei and jaime's death. So the writers just decided only 2/3 of the valonqar prophecy was true? Jaime should've killed Cersei, they gave him all that character development and had him sleep with Brienne for what?

Fannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn fukkinggggggggggggg serviceeeeeeeeeeee.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Bran is the most useless character in a major tv show ever. I swear I hate this nikka

Something I have been meaning to bring up is how he turned into Dr Manhattan when he received the full power of the three eyed raven but how come the old three eyed raven wasn’t like that?:stopitslime:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:All that is is shyt writing.:hhh:

Were you calling it shyt writing in Season 7 when Tyrion didn’t want to kill Cersei or did you hop on the bandwagon in Season 8 :jbhmm: what about in every season beforehand when Tyrion had ample time and cause to murder Cersei but chose not to, especially right after Cersei tried to sentence him to die in Season 4 or after Joffrey tried to have him killed in Season 2? Was that shyt writing too? :jbhmm:

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tyrion has been trying to convince her not to burn the people for the last 2 years and people are shocked that a person who has proven to kill, has anger issues was able to snap after losing everyone close to her.
This. Dany was nothing more than a Westerosi Dexter. She just needed a Harry to keep her in check.

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
Tyrion has been trying to convince her not to burn the people for the last 2 years and people are shocked that a person who has proven to kill, has anger issues was able to snap after losing everyone close to her.
:snoop: She never threatened to burn the whole city down. She wanted to fly to the red keep and kill Cersei and end the war.