OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
x45l3is472y21.png

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
  1. It’s my personal belief that the books are finished & GRRM ain’t releasing them until after the season is over
  2. The GRRM video says that main characters would have the same ending & minor characters may change. If D&D didn’t at least respect the ending of GRRM’s books, why would he authorize a prequel?
  3. Dany will still become a mad queen & she will still die in the books. Mark my words. This is the ending. Dany stans, & alleged GOT fans in general, are simply having a problem with being dead a$$ wrong.
Because he is making a fukk load of money

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many of these people bashing episode 5 are just Dany Stan’s? No way it was worse than 1 2 or 4
Like I said earlier, very surprised the casual critic feels comfortable openly hating this season.

Usually with something this popular, you see them scared to say anything bad

D6ee4WSUUAAzVqQ

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Whatever the hell they do next episode could have been stretched out to a whole season. I don't know how you can wrap this up in 90 minutes.

I get that one episode is a short time in a long series like GoT - but when you think about it that's still a feature film length left :ehh: and the cast as just shrunk considerably :patrice:

Entire plots happen in 90 minutes every week at the cinema... and we only need the end of an ending.

They might just manage it.:yeshrug:

I'm going to need someone to stab Dany in the back in the throne room. And if it's Arya wearing Grey Worm's face :wow:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Season 7 should’ve been about the NK and the Battle of Winterfell and season 8 ends up being about Dany turning heel and the attack on King’s Landing and the aftermath. Each season with 10 episodes. The plot being rushed holds back what could’ve been two amazing seasons overall.

Concerning the bells and how it affected Dany, i interpretated that as Dany seeing it as part of “the wheel” she wanted to break. She finally has victory at hand after everything that went down and Cersei “surrenders” (she never did, but it’s interpreted that way). Meaning that she and her Lannister crew would still be around in the aftermath doing god knows what, or possibly scheming with the intent of achieving revenge down the line. Playing the game at some point. Dany decides instead to end it once and for all.

Dany should’ve stuck to attacking only the Red Keep imho, but her actions in Episode 5 def sent a message to everyone, including those currently conspiring against her: bend the knee or die a fiery death. Pretty much daring anyone trying make Jon the ruler to do something at their peril.

Also important to note that the closest thing to an advisor Dany truly trust at this point is Grey Worm, and he 100% agrees with her current track. No Varys, Missandai, Barristan, Jorah, or even Daario to hold her back. Tyrion will be sidelined (if he survives).

Like the rest of season 8, episode 5 is flawed as hell and nowhere close to the earlier seasons in terms of overall quality. But it’s easily my favorite episode of the season so far and the only episode of the season I will watch again. I wish we had more time dedicated to the build up to this point and the aftermath after the heel turn.

Last edited:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
because relationships are complicated. personally some of the dumbest shyt I've done was because of a girl

The first episode of the first season when he pushed a kid out the window for love showed that relationships are complicated and people do stupid shyt for love. When he made it back to her in Season 4 and fukked raped her next to her dead child after she kept refusing him was complicated. We've already seen and digested "its complicated" for them. For seven seasons we saw it. Do they have anything else to say about these characters that we've spent hours upon hours watching (with apparently zero growth) aside from "its complicated"? Should that time have been spent elsewhere if that is all they had to say? Were there really zero consequences or stakes to his decision to finally leave her in season 7?

Last edited: