OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I dont think people would of minded it playing out that way if it wasn't so forced and rushed.

I don't think it was forced but it was definitely rushed. Last season should have been ten episodes and this season should have been ten episodes. I'm used to these slow builds towards an event as a viewer we are conditioned to the slow burn from this show and in the last seasons they have gone from event into another event.

I don't buy that it "doesn't make sense" because every choice and decision made stems from previous seasons... but it definitely needed more time. :francis:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jon is not alone and until a year ago he didn’t know he was a Targ. Dany grew up on the run with everyone wanting to kill her with her house and home taken away and the only family she met she knows will never leave his family for her plus he has the better claim. A Targaryen alone in this world is a terrible thing. A terrible thing brother :wow:

only when it’s convenient it seems lol

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If I see one more person try to put the blame on GRRM I swear...

You can say it’s his fault that D&D decided to have Jaime duel Euron...but it’s 100% on D&D they thru decided to have Euron blasted off his ship, swim miles in armor with his sword, and somehow pop up at the exact place and time where Jaime is, and then have one handed Jaime get the W. That’s some lazy ass, I put my research paper off and now have to finish it all in one night type writing. And there’s countless examples of that this season.

Euron is a horrible character on the show. He's a good character in the books. I don't think his story was ever going to play out like this but he's a secondary character and unfortunately they didn't spend a lot of time on those after about season 5.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Thought after the episode how Danny could be a parallel to totalitarian communism's history. Probably not intentionally but still.
Starting out with a very humanistic idea and seemingly wants good to the people has an utopistic ideology. but by the end she turns into just another tyrant, another autocrat, nothing better than her predecessors, killing masses of innocent people.
Turns out some other people also noticed the same.

Again I doN't think it's intentional but it's interesting

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
If I see one more person try to put the blame on GRRM I swear...

You can say it’s his fault that D&D decided to have Jaime duel Euron...but it’s 100% on D&D they thru decided to have Euron blasted off his ship, swim miles in armor with his sword, and somehow pop up at the exact place and time where Jaime is, and then have one handed Jaime get the W. That’s some lazy ass, I put my research paper off and now have to finish it all in one night type writing. And there’s countless examples of that this season.
i still can't get over this, absolutely no one asked for this. i haven't read the books, but show euron has been panned from the get (other than the scumbag comedic relief he brought) for being a shell of what he is in the books, so why they felt the need to give him some final scene...a scene resulting in the corniest line in GOT history and random should be fatal injuries to jamie that didn't keep him from his final storylines...is beyond me. having him die on the boat was pretty much all we needed to check him off the list, complete waste of screen time

BlaqkSpliffin

Ni**as Still Weird - Me
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I told you all that GRRM told these writers what the end game was, please believe Dany was going to turn mad in the books and the lannister twins were going to die together. That's GRRM right down to the anti-war imagery.
You mean the ending for the book he hasn't finished or most likely hasn't even started writing? The book that won't come out for probably 6-7 years MINIMUM? He gave them A ending that he might have have used had everything gone according to plan. We're basically seeing one of various possible endings because this shyt will not be how those books end.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You mean the ending for the book he hasn't finished or most likely hasn't even started writing? The book that won't come out for probably 6-7 years MINIMUM? He gave them A ending that he might have have used had everything gone according to plan. We're basically seeing one of various possible endings because this shyt will not be how those books end.

You don't think Dany is turning mad in the books? I think that's always been the plan :manny:

I agree that he will never finish them.

BlaqkSpliffin

Ni**as Still Weird - Me
Daps
Reppin
DMV
i still can't get over this, absolutely no one asked for this. i haven't read the books, but show euron has been panned from the get, other than the scumbag comedic relief he brought, so why they felt the need to give him some final scene...a scene resulting in the corniest line in GOT history and random should be fatal injuries to jamie that didn't keep him from his finaly storylines...is beyond me. having him die on the boat was pretty much all we needed to check him off the list, complete waste of screen time
I literally tweeted during that scene that "no one asked for this":mjlol:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My biggest gripe with this episode, how the hell did Jamie make it back to the red keep???

by using the same escape route tyrion set forth for him earlier in the ep...a better question is why did he even bother trying to go thru the front gate initially lol?

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
We're basically seeing one of various possible endings because this shyt will not be how those books end.
tenor.gif

BlaqkSpliffin

Ni**as Still Weird - Me
Daps
Reppin
DMV
You don't think Dany is turning mad in the books? I think that's always been the plan :manny:

I agree that he will never finish them.
Nah I don't, especially not now. Remember, GRRM's original story included NOTHING about a romance between Jon/Dany. He was gonna have him end up with Arya which is hilarious in hindsight considering how much of a problem Jon seemingly has with being romantically involved with Dany since they're related:mjlol:

I think they may go down the Mad Queen road as subversion now and have it turn out differently. Kind of like the Young Griff character in the books is supposed to be a subversion of people thinking Jon is the real Aegon.