Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
k3keawbssyx21.jpg

Had more kills than the night king

:snoop:
When you realize the night king only killed Theon in the entire series

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Fun fact: He also said he would have the book done FOUR years ago and it's still not done. And that was just Winds of Winter. Not even mentioning Dreams of Spring.

Second fun fact: The writers never said they would use his ending to the T and he never confirmed that they would either. They've changed various things and dropped others to tell their story the way they think it should be told. Something both he and his agent have criticized publicly.

Third fun fact: He said they would need 5 more seasons to tell this story correctly. No one expects Dany to be a mary sue character who rules peacefully and is happy. But this ending is not and will not be the one he tells whenever the final book comes out. If you really think he's gonna keep the ending the exact same for a book that won't see the light of day for minimum 6 years or maybe never...I got a castle to sell you.

Realistically, do you think the books will ever be completed?

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The first four seasons are still peak television. Last season was just as bad this season but the conversation about the show was mostly positive. There’s a lot of piling on going on because it’s the cool thing to do. The writing has suffered but I see some of the complaints and I wonder if people are just mad that the fate of the favorite character isn’t what they hoped it would be.

:what:ITS BEEN EXPLAINED A MILLION TIMES...

PPL PUT UP WITH THE DOWN FALLS OF THE SHOW
BECAUSE WE THOUGHT THE PAY OFF
WITH THE NK
WOULD MAKE UP FOR IT.

THERE WAS STILL ENTHUSIASM
AND MAD ANTICIPATION FOR THE SHOW.

THEY TOOK 2 YEARS TO RELEASE THIS BULLshyt
AND ITS THE FINAL SEASON
SO OF COURSE PPL ARE UPSET.

THERES NO RESET BUTTON...

THERES NO FIXING THIS WITH BETTER WRITING NEXT SEASON...

THIS IS IT.
THE SHOW IS OVER
AND IT FEELS LIKE THE LAST 9 YEARS WERE A WASTE.
:devil:
:evil:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps

:what:ITS BEEN EXPLAINED A MILLION TIMES...

PPL PUT UP WITH THE DOWN FALLS OF THE SHOW
BECAUSE WE THOUGHT THE PAY OFF
WITH THE NK
WOULD MAKE UP FOR IT.

THERE WAS STILL ENTHUSIASM
AND MAD ANTICIPATION FOR THE SHOW.

THEY TOOK 2 YEARS TO RELEASE THIS BULLshyt
AND ITS THE FINAL SEASON
SO OF COURSE PPL ARE UPSET.

THERES NO RESET BUTTON...

THERES NO FIXING THIS WITH BETTER WRITING NEXT SEASON...

THIS IS IT.
THE SHOW IS OVER
AND IT FEELS LIKE THE LAST 9 YEARS WERE A WASTE.
:devil:
:evil:

Personally never cared for the night king though I thought his death was trash and that entire story turned out to be pointless so I can see why people hate that. But the white walkers being defeated, Dany burning Kingslanding, and Jon vs. Dany showdown is something that is almost certainly happening in the books. The execution will be a million times better but this story has been destined to end like this.

BlaqkSpliffin

Ni**as Still Weird - Me
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Realistically, do you think the books will ever be completed?
No. I think he backed himself into a corner with how expansive his world is and I don't think he knows how to end it in a realistic way that will make sense, make people happy, and that will bring everything to a close. Think about it, half the characters who are dead in the show ain't dead in the books yet, and some even come back. Those spinoffs will be done before those books will be.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Daenerys been ready to clap them flamers for a minute. Talkin bout returning cities to dirt. She always had someone talk sense into her though. :manny:

0:00-2:30

4:50-5:30

1:30-1:55

The three previous times she tried to rule benevolently all went to shyt, never garnered respect, and almost lost her life. She was literally looking at her lifelong objective and, considering the turn of events, couldn't afford any more half measures. On some Thanos shyt. Could it have been built up better? Sure, but it wasn't out of the realm of possibility. :manny:

Pretty much this. For example, there was plenty of foreshadowing that Stannis would burn his daughter. But the actual descent to him going from "no" to "yes" was not developed well enough.

In this same episode, Arya choosing not to pursue vengeance is actually my preferred character arc for her. There is foreshadowing that pure vengeance leads to your downfall. I've been hoping that was her ending for years now, and made plenty of posts before the season stating that I didn't want her to kill Cersei. So this isn't an instance of me not getting what I want when I say that the way the show handled it sucked.

Arya spent at least two weeks on the road with the Hound, presumably talking about killing Cersei, but then at the last second the hound goes "yeah, how about don't" and she just goes "thank you hound". Another instance of a great conclusion to her arc, but one that was poorly developed and rushed.

I don't have any problem with Dany's arc essentially being mad queen. But you have to execute it correctly or it feels unearned, undeveloped, and rushed.

Yes you can find forshadowing clues going back to the first season of her saying fire and blood. But you can also make a compilation video of her saying even more benevolent things about peace and and ruling with kidness. So at that point, once you've created the internal conflict, you have to develop enough character beats so that her arriving at fire and blood feels right.

You have to do the leg work to make it so a character that locked up both of her dragons because one child was killed would change so abruptly that she would systematically burn up to a million people alive.

Did they do that? I believe they think they did. How?

Well they put forth the idea that Westeros doesn't love her but instead they love Jon. But is that a good point to rest her entire descent upon? Because some northerners and wildlings toasted Jon at a feast? Do the Dornish not love her? Haven't they declared for her without even meeting her? What about all of the other regions not aligned with Cersei? Did the show just forget that Westeros is not just the north and kings landing?

If they want to make the case that she will find no love in Westeros, then they needed to do more to make this case. Otherwise it rests solely on some notheners and wildlings liking Jon and a catfight with Sansa, and that feels completely underdeveloped.

Not to mention, having her breaking point come when Jon refuses to kiss her is just really tone deaf writing.

One thing they did do effectively was take away her advisors and friends so she feels like she can't trust anyone. But that in itself is not enough of a connective tissue for her to systematically burn innocent people alive after she has won the war. No, that goes back to vengeance, jealousy, and hate because "these people don't love me" which, imo, was not developed enough. Full seasons could have helped develop it but again, this arc is a casualty of two shortened seasons that check off plausible plot points without developing them.

Last edited:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Again, these people cheered when Starks got butchered at the Red Wedding and cheered for Ned Stark getting killed...

Let em fry and let the survivors remember what it is like to bathe in fire and blood...

Also...Dany conceded the only way people will respect you is to fear you....mission accomplished....

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
This show has become beyond trash the only reason they are ending it is because they have ran out of good ideas and are aborting it before they are found out
And it's undeniable this is the case...

When the studio hands you a blank check and asks for 10 episodes and you turn around and say no we only need 6 clearly you have no clue how to end this properly...

This season's been all spectacle to mask the reality D&D can't write and finish this off properly...

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dany's doing something fukked up was foreshadowed, Dany turning into ISIS with a dragon instead of a truck was not. People entering the Red Keep's courtyard and being killed as collateral damage was the fear of Tyrion and Cersei's hope of keeping Dany at bay. Even the way the episode was directed suggested that was about to be what was going to happen but then she started burning the men, women, and children 80 city blocks away because subverting expectations is the new hot shyt.