OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Episode 3: 30 k run into AOD...only a dozen (let's be generous and say 100) run back...we see almost no dothraki fighting when the battle moves inside winterfell...D&D say, yes, they pretty much all died
Episode 4: now only half died

is that plain enough for you or you still wanna play stupid like that equation makes sense? :usure:

yea, i'll stand by this "nitpick", you go continue to defend other lapses in logic :camby: :snooze:

maybe they can multiply bcuz there seems to be even more of them now in the season finale preview :mjlol:

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
You mean the ending for the book he hasn't finished or most likely hasn't even started writing? The book that won't come out for probably 6-7 years MINIMUM? He gave them A ending that he might have have used had everything gone according to plan. We're basically seeing one of various possible endings because this shyt will not be how those books end.

Wrong. Per GRRM, the ending for main characters will never the same but they details in how they get there may differ.

Fun Fact: GRRM is anti war so Dany was always going to go mad. I’m 99% sure that this heel turn will happen in the books as well, though it will most likely be more detailed. GRRM has been hinting at this happening for a while now. Dany has never been GRRM’s sacred cow.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
60012711_10156596090239335_296166633901129728_n.jpg

this chic be looking right as fukk one second and homely as fukk the next

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think it was forced but it was definitely rushed. Last season should have been ten episodes and this season should have been ten episodes. I'm used to these slow builds towards an event as a viewer we are conditioned to the slow burn from this show and in the last seasons they have gone from event into another event.

I don't buy that it "doesn't make sense" because every choice and decision made stems from previous seasons... but it definitely needed more time. :francis:
what i mean by forced is...for example jamie out here going through secret passages n shyt to get to cersei only for this fake ass drunk pirate euron to wash up right where he is, immediately trying to run the fade. Could you imagine walking along the beach and some nikka you just kinda know just wash up on shore at your feet and he get up on some "fukk you nikka" shyt? :mjlol:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Daenerys been ready to clap them flamers for a minute. Talkin bout returning cities to dirt. She always had someone talk sense into her though. :manny:

0:00-2:30

4:50-5:30

1:30-1:55

The three previous times she tried to rule benevolently all went to shyt, never garnered respect, and almost lost her life. She was literally looking at her lifelong objective and, considering the turn of events, couldn't afford any more half measures. On some Thanos shyt. Could it have been built up better? Sure, but it wasn't out of the realm of possibility. :manny:

BlaqkSpliffin

Ni**as Still Weird - Me
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Wrong. Per GRRM, the ending for main characters will never the same but they details in how they get there may differ.

Fun Fact: GRRM is anti war so Dany was always going to go mad. I’m 99% sure that this heel turn will happen in the books as well, though it will most likely be more detailed. GRRM has been hinting at this happening for a while now. Dany has never been GRRM’s sacred cow.

Fun fact: He also said he would have the book done FOUR years ago and it's still not done. And that was just Winds of Winter. Not even mentioning Dreams of Spring.

Second fun fact: The writers never said they would use his ending to the T and he never confirmed that they would either. They've changed various things and dropped others to tell their story the way they think it should be told. Something both he and his agent have criticized publicly.

Third fun fact: He said they would need 5 more seasons to tell this story correctly. No one expects Dany to be a mary sue character who rules peacefully and is happy. But this ending is not and will not be the one he tells whenever the final book comes out. If you really think he's gonna keep the ending the exact same for a book that won't see the light of day for minimum 6 years or maybe never...I got a castle to sell you.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Viserys woulda let a Dothraki horde rape his sister to get the crown. He was crazier.:comeon:
that's ruthless... CRAZY means you're fukking nutty... Not giving two fukks about your sister and trading her for the kingdom isn't crazy

Burning women and kids that had absolutely nothing to do with anything and gains you nothing..... now that's fukking crazy

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
:francis:Sansa tried to warn Tyrion about playing those "witty" games. Now look at you.

Yeah, but in fairness...Sansa has betrayed her queen (so to speak). If Dany were to have her sentenced to death, she would be well in her rights to do so. Of course, putting the lady of Winterfell to death is the kind of dumb shyt that Dany would pull, but shyt...even I wouldn't blame her.

HOWEVER. I think Sansa still wouldn't kneel. Don't get me wrong. She would beg...cry...shyt herself...but she wouldn't kneel. She's like the Tarlys - Dany isn't her queen. In fact, she's not the queen of the north at all. What, you gonna burn ALL of them? (Wait...)

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s some lazy ass, I put my research paper off and now have to finish it all in one night type writing. And there’s countless examples of that this season.

This entire season in a nutshell. The "It's 4 hours till daybreak, I'm just going to use Wikipedia" type of approach lol. No one can tell me these dudes weren't ready to be done with this show.