OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shows carry on without their original producers all the time. If HBO wanted 2 more seasons, they should have gotten it. And if D&D didn't want to do it, find someone who would. Keep GRRM on as co-executive producer, get new writers, and finish the shyt right. Trying to compress so much shyt in a tight time line is hard. I dunno if they were scared of Showtime stealing D&D or something so maybe that's why they came to an agreement on this final season's length. Next man up.

Ultimately though, it's on GRRM for not finishing the shyt. Having that fleshed out source material to play with instead of an outline is huge.

Despite the pacing, I'm still enjoying the season but the pace is definitely robbing the show of even more greatness. The actors are saving the fukk out of the show given the constraints.

Nah, it's 100% on D&D. Even without the books they still should have been able to take the first couple of seasons and stay consistent to the character arcs. They clearly lost whatever passion they had for the show or the moment got too big for them. They checked out and it shows in their lazy writing and going for Hollywood tropes instead of sticking to the spirit of the show.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If I send 10k killers to war and 12 come back from the first serge they all but dead bro. fukk is wrong with some of you dudes :dead: and they come back the next episode and say they only loss half :dead: you as dumb as the show runners

You're making assumptions. It was never said that the Dohtraki on the front line is ALL of the Dothraki in existence.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
That was kinda epic

I admit to being all :laff: when Cersei kept telling the mountain to "come back here:damn:"

And Qyburn being like "do you hear us talking to u nikka 

After the mountain smashed Qyburns head, Cersei got the :dame: and then quietly walked around both those boys
walked right by like chun li's street fighter 2 stage

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another thought — could bran have warged into drogon and crashes him into a mountain or some shyt? That might have kept Cersei as queen but it would have save the city

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Are you going to be obtuse and miss the part where I said, let’s say 100 or so made it back...her Dothraki army was tens of thousands deep. Even spotting them a hunnid in no way matches the numbers that popped up in episode 4 and 5....she had a whole herd of them ride thru KL and you talking “did you not see a dozen of them” :what:

And you are assuming that all of the Dothraki on the front line is all the Dothraki that was in her army. It's another nitpick, I don't mind someone criticizing the true fukk ups because there are plenty but the nitpicks are ridiculous :mjlol:

Go head waste more of your time tho :manny:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Dany hasn't done anything more reprehensible than anyone else on this show. That includes the Starks. Her past punishments are only seen as reprehensible because we all knew she had the potential to become the Mad Queen, just based on her ancestry. But they went from 0 to 60 with Dany. And we're to believe her actions in this episode being the end of her arc is justified, just because she roasted some slaver masters in Mireen and roasted the Tarly's? Who else on the show has done reprehensible things just to go mad on one episode? Not even past Targaryen dragon riders have gone this crazy with no real reasons as to why. She had the victory and still snapped.
The difference is Dany has always been driven by obsession for power and revenge. Her entire arc has been about taking back the throne that was stolen from her by the people who destroyed her family. It’s not farfetched to believe she would snap when she’s seen that goal slip away and in her mind she lost her grasp of that goal the second Jon told her about his parentage. .

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Congratulations on ruling over a Kingdom of rubble and ash. lol

Hail Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, trueborn daughter of Mad King Aerys (edit), mother of dragons, importer of foreign invaders, murderer of women, children, elderly.....

Long may she reign.

:troll:

Last edited:

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If he does that Brandon Sanderson can finish it like he did for Robert Jordan. WOT looked like it was never going to be finished and then RJ died but luckily left cliff notes as to how he wanted things to end.
I imagine GRRM would burn all transcripts before he died.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
:scust: The writers of the show literally said it right after the show was over

I don't watch the after episodes talk because the writers don't ever seem to add anything of relevance. I am telling you what I saw on screen and what was said on screen and you are telling me that no I didn't see that and I didn't hear that line of dialog :dead: :mjlol:

Daps
That's not genocide. That's total war. It happens.:yeshrug:

Was it reasonable. No. :beli:

But did it send a message.:patrice:

Yep
That's what folks aren't realizing

During the scene with Jon, she says clear as day that if she can't rule with love, then fear it is

She decimated Kings landing to strike terror into the hearts of everyone in westeros

She put all them nikkas on notice :ufdup:

She knew from jump what she coulda did to them lowdown dirty b*stards and she tried to warn them. But they didn't stop till they "unleashed the dragon"

She was always the most powerful person on the show ever since them dragons got to the point where they could Dracarys nikkas

She could level of all westeros with just Dragon. Imagine what she could have done with Rhaegal and Viscerion

It's time for all y'all nikkas to submit. Either get down or lay down

#targset

No matter what happens y'all gonna be under a targ one way or the other

:ufdup:

Even IF somebody manages to sneak Dany, and that's a big if at this point

They still got a full grown dragon goon on the loose and who else can tame it but Aejon Snow?

A targ is always gonna be the most powerful on the show cause targs got access to Dragons

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I told you all that GRRM told these writers what the end game was, please believe Dany was going to turn mad in the books and the lannister twins were going to die together. That's GRRM right down to the anti-war imagery.