Official fukk Paramount for Ruining Scream (2022 & beyond) Thread

Lurk Angle

All Star
Daps
this film had the weakest killers since the last one even tho 4 had the weakest I guess old dude Richie was the new billy/roman and the girl was the new mickey/stu

Overall the film was cool but that ending was :hhh:black chick and the killer girl was cute tho:ehh:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Imma elaborate on my Scream 6 idea. I wasn't feeling well today so I had time to think about this shyt :mjlol:

The opening scene can be the usual Scream shyt. Unknown hot chick gets stalked by Ghostface, the usual. But then she actually manages to fight him off but just when she's out the door, a second Ghostface shows up. Unlike the first though, he simply leers at her and stands still. She's in a basement or some shyt and the door is jammed, so she's trying to escape and freaking out not knowing what's about to happen. Ghostface 1 gets back up and kicks the door down to get in the basement, and now ol girl is fukkED. But when Ghostface 1 sees the new Ghostface he breaks character and is like ":wtf:Who the fukk are you?" in his real voice. Ghostface 2 fukks him up and starts carving him the fukk up, just super gruesome and :demonic: with the shyt. The girl is so shook she just watches. Ghostface 2 looks up at her and bytch thinks she's next, but dude just continues stabbing up the the OG like he's lasagna and shyt. She takes that as her cue to get the fukk out before he's finished, but when she gets out the house she collapses from blood loss or an injury or some shyt. The scene ends ambiguously - maybe she looks out the window and sees Ghostface looking at her on some:demonic:, lifts his dagger, and cleans it off.

After the credits tho, we find out not only that homegirl survived, but Ghostface 2 simply left after killing the OG and the cops showed up without her even calling them. A Detective (Either his first name is Dexter or his last name is Morgan :mjlol:) says the 911 call came from an anonymous number (or maybe the first Ghostface's phone:ohhh:). So they're starting to think maybe this second Ghostface actually saved her? Or it's trap and this is all part of his greater plan. We found that Tara, now in college, has become an activist speaking out about violence against women after her experiences and shyt, and that's made her a target. Show some neckbeard cacs harassing her and shyt :pachaha: . Accusing her of misandry since the other Ghostface was a chick and they killed more men than women :pachaha: . Sam warns her that it's best to lay low, but Tara says she's not gonna hide.

But now a slew of copycat Ghostfaces are popping up and targeting Tara, and the cops find out there's this whole radicalized group of Ghostfaces that have been recruited by some anonymous dude that are all trying to silence Tara and her feminist agenda (or they think she's leading a child sex trafficking ring :mjlol:). But they all end up being killed off by a this mysterious "other" Ghostface. Maybe a few are killed off while they're donning the masks, others are killed just chilling out of the mask and the detectives discover they were linked to the Ghostface group.

Anyway, this all leads to the end, where we learn that Sam is vigilante Ghostface, who after becoming overwhelmed with this urge to kill again decided to direct her violent impulses on deserving targets. But the thing is, we start to see that even if she's seemingly doing a "good" thing, she's really just the other side of the coin from the previous Ghostfaces...see, because SHE was the Anon that was radicalizing these copycat Ghostfaces to go after her own sister because she needed targets she would be motivated to kill. So she's orchestrated all this fukkery, put her sister in danger, and turned these dudes psycho so she could get her rocks off but not feel bad about it. Make it a bit of a commentary on QAnon and the alt right - how they recruit all these angsty disenfranchised whiteboys and make them think they're the real victims and conjure up fake conspiracies, fooling them into thinking they're finding a real brotherhood and reclaiming their power when in reality they're just suckers being grifted by a sociopath. To set up a third movie, Sam escapes but all her friends and family are:mjpls::aicmon::leostare: towards her now and it ends with her donning the mask again.

Yo…delete this shyt and sell this to the directors and producers. This shyt is GOLD :damn:!!!

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
For me, scream is always less about the killer and more about why. What’s the satire and whom is the target. On that front, they nailed it. Any minor quibble I had with the flick, I realized that was part of the design (why certain characters got more focus than others, the feel that’s less high school and more polished) while also really loving the fact they went in on the “for the fans” mentality. They basically told a large section of the internet to kiss their ass and grow up. But it’s how they did it that hit me in my sweet spot. The commentary was on point, and never felt hamfisted. The movie itself couldn’t exist without that commentary and it was embedded in every scene. Even how they got Sidney back in woodsboro made all the sense in the world and didn’t betray the character or her past.

The horror homages, the homages to itself, the elevated horror takedown, the constant thread weaved of incorporating new horror into the tried and true slasher subgenre, and making Ghostface look menacing. Still clumsy as hell but they managed to make the character imposing for the first time since maybe scream 2.

And the third act location reveal, was really well done. Those radio silence boys keep hitting home runs.

Scream is 4/5 for me as a franchise with one miss.

also really interested to see all the tears from the fans who don’t believe their fandom is toxic at all

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
They got me with killer misdirection, (though I did get parts of it right, very late in the game) although one could say that the film never really breathes enough to let the characters be and develop a little. T

A day or so later, this is what I think hurt the movie the most. It felt rushed and a little chaotic, (plus that terrible sequence of the dude in the muscle car or whatever, that was awful, he pulled a switch blade like some S.E. Hinton novel)

More red herrings and clues towards the killers would have helped. Still a strong B from me.

Scream: A-
Scream 2: A-
Scream 3: B
Scream 4: C+
Scream 5: B

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
this film had the weakest killers since the last one even tho 4 had the weakest I guess old dude Richie was the new billy/roman and the girl was the new mickey/stu

Overall the film was cool but that ending was :hhh:black chick and the killer girl was cute tho:ehh:

movie was cool except i wasnt feeling the killers, maybe they could've cast them better:manny:

Killers were too obvious imo. Dude called that shyt like 2 months ago on youtube just off the trailers :francis:

Silkk

Daps
Sydney was sonning them lil mufukkas like when Jordan came to bulls practice in 99 :mjlol:

Silkk

Daps
It's about time for a Black Ghostface, at least filmwise.

Some crazed breh and or brehette mad about representation in Stab/horror films, and the lack of Black killers decides to make a name for him/themselves lol
My cousin thought it was gonna be the black kids and hit his ass with the :comeon:

Would have definitely been less predictable though

Silkk

Daps
For me, scream is always less about the killer and more about why. What’s the satire and whom is the target. On that front, they nailed it. Any minor quibble I had with the flick, I realized that was part of the design (why certain characters got more focus than others, the feel that’s less high school and more polished) while also really loving the fact they went in on the “for the fans” mentality. They basically told a large section of the internet to kiss their ass and grow up. But it’s how they did it that hit me in my sweet spot. The commentary was on point, and never felt hamfisted. The movie itself couldn’t exist without that commentary and it was embedded in every scene. Even how they got Sidney back in woodsboro made all the sense in the world and didn’t betray the character or her past.

The horror homages, the homages to itself, the elevated horror takedown, the constant thread weaved of incorporating new horror into the tried and true slasher subgenre, and making Ghostface look menacing. Still clumsy as hell but they managed to make the character imposing for the first time since maybe scream 2.

And the third act location reveal, was really well done. Those radio silence boys keep hitting home runs.

Scream is 4/5 for me as a franchise with one miss.

also really interested to see all the tears from the fans who don’t believe their fandom is toxic at all
Ehhhhh

Girl was like we had to Kill Dewey to make it real and show you this time it's different and for real.....

Then proceeded to let Gail and Sydney get all they shyt off as usual :russ:

Silkk

Daps
I would've loved to see more of

Wes

I thought he would be a big part going forward but really didn't do shyt at all this movie.

And also

How the fukk did no cops meet Judy at her crib in time to help:comeon:
And only one cop in the entire hospital and ol girl being on a completely empty floor by herself :comeon:

Woodsboro only had like 5-6 cops all movie :russ:

That said, I'm in Scream 6 Day 1 :ahh: Hopefully they can start pumping these hoes out every year or two like Saw lol

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ehhhhh

Girl was like we had to Kill Dewey to make it real and show you this time it's different and for real.....

Then proceeded to let Gail and Sydney get all they shyt off as usual :russ:
Oh I’m not excusing that last thing. But even then, that’s within the realm of “requel” and those are the rules of the requel. Only one of those things has to happen.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I would've loved to see more of

Wes

I thought he would be a big part going forward but really didn't do shyt at all this movie.

And also

How the fukk did no cops meet Judy at her crib in time to help:comeon:
And only one cop in the entire hospital and ol girl being on a completely empty floor by herself :comeon:

Woodsboro only had like 5-6 cops all movie :russ:

That said, I'm in Scream 6 Day 1 :ahh: Hopefully they can start pumping these hoes out every year or two like Saw lol
Won’t happen. Scream is at its best when it has a clear target and sometimes those targets take time to develop lol. Unless Kevin williamson has an idea he isn’t telling