Official fukk Paramount for Ruining Scream (2022 & beyond) Thread

Daps
There's always been a level of camp in the Scream films. If anything this one dialed it down.

I did not say that it is campy; I stated that it is cheesy as in cringeworthy

When something is camp, it is supposed to be serious but comes across as hilarious

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How did they take THAT long to get to the Sheriffs crib :dahell: that’s a small ass town

How did it get dark so fast between there and the hospital scene :dahell:

They did Dewey dirty :francis: he’s smart enough to get that headshot on ole girl before they even went to the elevator. Dude went back by himself, and let a phone call distract from a split second gunshot. There was no reason to hesitate

That Loomis energy on that Richie kill was beautiful

I love the anti-cliches :banderas: so many smart decisions

The commentary on Hollywood’s creative bankruptcy :wow:

The kills weren’t near as gory as I remember some in the first two, but they got the squirms by lingering heavy on some of the stabs :picard:

Off memory I would rank 1, 5, 2, 4, 3, with 3 being the only one below standard. I also got laughs out of it and nostalgia for childhood, so overall I say I fw the entire series :ehh:

Edit: actually I think I’m remembering kill aftermaths being gory more than the actual kills in the first two

Last edited:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Liked the movie. Here's some random thoughts. Are we still doing spoiler tags?

- I wish the actresses who played Sam (Melissa Barrera) and Tara (Jenna Ortega) the best in their careers. They both stood out to me.
- Perfect use and return for the song "Red Right Hand." I don't think we heard the song in 4.

- Dewey. :rip: You did good, and your death was one of the most brutal in the series. When I was 25 I said his "I'm 25. I was 24 for a whole year." line quite often. And he was correct in his theory of who the killer was in the first try.

- I still can't believe that the same guy who voices Ghostface is also the voice of Mojo Jojo.
tenor.gif

- It was nice to see a female Ghostface put in some work as the previous two mostly let their male companions do all the work.

- It took five films and while it was quick, it was nice to hear the Child's Play franchise finally get a namedrop in the Scream franchise.
giphy.gif

- Ghostface was pretty ballsy in this movie. Attacked the hospital twice and did a killing in broad daylight. :rip: Deputy Hicks.
- As one poster said, Sidney basically rode through this film like, "Been here, done that. :unimpressed:"
- Gale got shot in the same spot in Scream 2.
- It was nice to see Skeet Ulrich back in haunting spirit form. Even gave his daughter the :myman: look before she made her big kill in the movie.
giphy.gif

- It was nice to see the Dead Meat YT channel get a shoutout.
- In the same sequence, it was also revealed that Kirby survived the events of Scream 4 in the recommended videos box just as Wes Craven originally wanted.
tumblr_nls8v6Fnce1qdm9llo1_400.gif

- I really thought they were going to go with the Stu fan theory that he's still alive. I didn't even realize they were in the same house from OG movie until the big reveal.
giphy.gif

- They even took a stab (no pun intended) at the Disney Star Wars films without even namedropping them. :obama:
- For Wes. :rip: :boss:

Very enjoyable.

Last edited:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I just noticed that most of the characters in Woodsboro are either products of broken homes or some horrific tragedy.
  • Sidney's mom was murdered, and her dad is off away on business (it's later revealed that he passed away between the events of Scream 3 and 4 in a deleted scene.) She later finds out that she has a half-brother in 3.
  • Dewey and Tatum's mom is seen, but not the dad.
  • Billy's mom left her dad.
  • We never see Stu's parents, but they were apparently out of town.
  • Jill's mom appears to be single.
  • The cheerleader that got gutted in 4 has a mom that is off with a boyfriend. Never seen.
  • Martha Meeks and Sherrif Hick's baby daddy seems to be absent in both cases.
  • Sam and Terra's mom is out of the country (and makes no attempt to come home) and the dad up and left the family.

It seems like the only family that was actually stable in the town was Casey Becker's in the first movie.

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I liked how Radio Silence still managed to add their own flavor to the mix. :lawd:

Felt like Richie’s death captured the same level of absurdity that was featured in Ready or Not’s final act. The amount of stabs were insane! Has me excited for what they’re going to do in future films now that they got the ‘requel’ out of the way. :scheme:

Sidney has no business being back in Woodsboro now. Dewey’s death made the most sense as to why she would return. Let her live a peaceful life while the next generation fights their own battles with Ghostface.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
I really enjoyed this flick :wow:

Sam and Tara were great, I can see them carrying the franchise going forward:leon:

The killers were predictable, I figured it out pretty early on but it was still enjoyable:obama:

would’ve liked to see it last another 10 minutes

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
They should've revealed ol boy as the first killer during the hospital scene and had him help kill Dewey for the first reveal. Then try to figure out who his accomplice was for the 2nd half.

Cause im still looking at Dewey like :comeon: if he really got yanked up by her like that :comeon: