Official fukk Paramount for Ruining Scream (2022 & beyond) Thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Won’t happen. Scream is at its best when it has a clear target and sometimes those targets take time to develop lol. Unless Kevin williamson has an idea he isn’t telling
The plot supposedly already in the tuck, Just hope it don't stop/fall apart/regroup like the last one did.

Alleged 3rd killer, Makes sense cause no way in hell do I believe that was Amber at the hospital

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
For me, scream is always less about the killer and more about why. What’s the satire and whom is the target. On that front, they nailed it. Any minor quibble I had with the flick, I realized that was part of the design (why certain characters got more focus than others, the feel that’s less high school and more polished) while also really loving the fact they went in on the “for the fans” mentality. They basically told a large section of the internet to kiss their ass and grow up. But it’s how they did it that hit me in my sweet spot. The commentary was on point, and never felt hamfisted. The movie itself couldn’t exist without that commentary and it was embedded in every scene. Even how they got Sidney back in woodsboro made all the sense in the world and didn’t betray the character or her past.

The horror homages, the homages to itself, the elevated horror takedown, the constant thread weaved of incorporating new horror into the tried and true slasher subgenre, and making Ghostface look menacing. Still clumsy as hell but they managed to make the character imposing for the first time since maybe scream 2.

And the third act location reveal, was really well done. Those radio silence boys keep hitting home runs.

Scream is 4/5 for me as a franchise with one miss.

also really interested to see all the tears from the fans who don’t believe their fandom is toxic at all
I still prefer the Babadook
:troll:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Imagine Sydney Sweeney thinking she about to run up on me with a knife and i'm not gonna bend her over and tear that ass up til the sun turns blue :russ::shaq:

Last edited:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
You wilding. Just needed better killers. Well one for sure.

Just got back

I definitely have a lot of gripes :stopitslime:

3 on 1 on that bytch in the hospital and they don't stomp her out :stopitslime:

I knew right then & there that ol boy was one for sure

Little ass 5'2 girl doing that to Dewey though:comeon::comeon::comeon::comeon::comeon::comeon::comeon:
^
This post is a huge reason why this movie sucked. Also none of them shyts landed at the hospital or something?

Daps
I really enjoyed this. This is a rare complaint for me but it was really almost too fast paced. I could have taken an extra 20-30 minutes to develop some of the relationships in the friend group a bit more. Otherwise I really enjoyed it. The right amount of "meta" as opposed that new Matrix. The original is the best which I assume everyone agrees on. I have this right with 2, a little better than 4 and much better than 3.

Honestly am hoping they make 2 more. The sisters are really good and I think they can carry the franchise. In the end Billy's daughter is not gonna carry the trauma as well as Syd, which likey is going to push her to be the killer in the hypothetical 7th film. Leading to a final showdown between her and Syd in the end with the little sister having to pick a side.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I really enjoyed this. This is a rare complaint for me but it was really almost too fast paced. I could have taken an extra 20-30 minutes to develop some of the relationships in the friend group a bit more. Otherwise I really enjoyed it. The right amount of "meta" as opposed that new Matrix. The original is the best which I assume everyone agrees on. I have this right with 2, a little better than 4 and much better than 3.

Honestly am hoping they make 2 more. The sisters are really good and I think they can carry the franchise. In the end Billy's daughter is not gonna carry the trauma as well as Syd, which likey is going to push her to be the killer in the hypothetical 7th film. Leading to a final showdown between her and Syd in the end with the little sister having to pick a side.
More are on the way, fam. :wow:

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's listed as a comedy/horror on rotten tomatoes. Does it have that much comedy? The originals still felt serious despite having some meta elements