Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The hell does meta mean?

Sorry im :flabbynsick:

in Tech Meta= the information about the information i.e. Password is a field and the meta data would be that its alphanumeric and allows a max of 10 characters.

In film its just another term for 'breaking the 4th wall' where its like within the movie they are speaking on things in the real world and almost as if they are talking to the audience, thus implying the movie is self aware if that makes sense

Scream was always meta
i.e. We are watching a horror movie, the characters in the movie realize they are in a horror movie and make calls to how they will survive the move and make references to things in our reality (our = the audience).

Daps
We now know who Randy's sister was fukking, brehs
:wow:
w.jpg

cuba-gooding-jr-and-son-mason-gooding-are-seen-at-madison-square-on-picture-id630520146

los-angeles-ca-june-29-2012-cuba-gooding-jr-sons-mason-gooding-left-EKJR3B.jpg

Last edited:

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
- I fukks with this. More brutal than the past films but at the same time not over the top. Knew one of the OG 3 was gonna get taken out after p*ssying out in Scream 4 but damn they wanted to make sure they were dead:huhldup:. The kitchen scene with the sheriffs son was :russ:. Was like
SilverFrequentAmericanbadger-max-1mb.gif
numerous times. Gale getting shot again :mjlol: Same spot as in Scream 2:mjlol: For some reason Sidney cruising through the whole movie like "been there done that" :unimpressed: was hilarious. The brotha that knocked up Randy's sister must've been down bad:mjtf:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Movie was fukking dope. Main chick looked like Meadow Soprano lol
I called goth bytch IMMEDIATELY. Boyfriend I suspected when he was clueless about everything but I then I figured they wouldn't repeat the original while also figuring thats exactly what they wanted me to think:pachaha:

Last edited:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I'm guess this movie takes place in 2019 since
Billy's daughter is apparently 23 and that year is the absolute latest it would be possible

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It's far from perfect, I think they got a lot right, but probably went too far into "meta" commentary, which is somewhat what derailed Scream 4. This is closer to what that should have been. Very funny in parts, as far as horror jokes, not a SINGLE laugh from the audience I saw it with. ( who are these people that see Scream on opening night, and don't get any of the jokes?) I would have had a tighter direction, more style, more nods to horror greats in cinematography (too many shots just lacked style and life) and toned down some of the more laborious killing sequences. I also wanted someone to add a lot of realism, and this didn't really do that, which I knew going in.

They got me with killer misdirection, (though I did get parts of it right, very late in the game) although one could say that the film never really breathes enough to let the characters be and develop a little. They all toss of a lot of ironic commentary. It was almost too obvious, but that was the sleight of hand. Roger Ebert would say a movie like this doesn't really play fair as far as clues about the killer, which maybe misses the point of a slasher.

The Billy Loomis bits were almost out of a much, much worse movie. That was indefensible.

and regarding Scream 3, I always liked it. I am of the Scream generation, was 11 or so when I first saw it, and saw Scream 3 in theaters, which was really fun, to be that age when scary movies scared you differently than they do now. It's a little less edgy and missing Williamson's script, and does get a little silly in a spot or two, but most of it works. The whodunit is always questionable, and the last sequence was very Scooby Doo esque. That chase sequence in the movie set is probably the best meta commentary the series ever did, on some level, and as actual horror.

Last edited: