Official fukk Paramount for Ruining Scream (2022 & beyond) Thread

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Yooooo this movie was made for me…

the call backs, girls name being sam loomis technically but goes by carpenter. Billy being in the movie. The humor from Quaid. Just really done for fans of the OG.

then the rian johnson discussion :russ: me and my boy are on opposite ends of the episode 8 spectrum and we were both close to tears

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I think this is my second favorite Scream movie. They've always been pretty meta, but this one really went in with the meta commentary. It was almost too meta, but they showed some restraint (for the most part) and didn't go totally crazy with it like the Matrix Resurrection movie. The characters were fun and had some really smart moments, which made the usual dumb horror cliche mistakes more forgivable. The kills were great. Very graphic and brutal. So if you're looking for slasher thrills, you'll find it here. I love how they incorporated the technology too. Very clever. There were some predictable turns. I don't think anyone will be surprised about what happens, but it was still a lot of fun to see it play out. It's not quite on the level of the first, but it's a whole lot better than most of the other Scream sequels and miles above the latest Halloween, which I guess isn't saying much, but yeah, it's a really fun movie. 8.5/10

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
For those of you who saw the movie, please help me find the trailer for that horror movie about the cursed town. I cannot find it anywhere, and it's driving me nuts. It was set in an older century, and there were a lot of freaky things going on in the town. I know the word "Cursed" is in the title, but I can't find it anywhere on youtube or IMDb.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
For those of you who saw the movie, please help me find the trailer for that horror movie about the cursed town. I cannot find it anywhere, and it's driving me nuts. It was set in an older century, and there were a lot of freaky things going on in the town. I know the word "Cursed" is in the title, but I can't find it anywhere on youtube or IMDb.
The trailer shocked the hell out of me. No MPAA rating roll before it or anything. :picard:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I hope they let Tara take the full reigns as the lead in the future, cause I wasn’t all that sold on Sam in this one lol. Melissa’s fine as hell though.
Yes Jenna Ortega would hopefully be the main star in a sequel. she's great.

my 2 gripes with the movie

billy loomis digitally de-aged. i'm so sick of this dexter ass trope of dead people talking to people in the present. i did kind of like that last one before she went ham though. i'm also upset that "Hello sidney, it's an honor" wasn't in the final movie and they said "it's an honor" after dewey got got

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
what was that song in the beginning that sampled ms jackson?

first thought...i liked it, probably 3rd or 4th in the franchise ranking for me

gotta gather my thoughts though

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
what was that song in the beginning that sampled ms jackson?

first thought...i liked it, probably 3rd or 4th in the franchise ranking for me

gotta gather my thoughts though
Actually, it’s this.

Last edited:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I REALLY enjoyed this. IMO it was up there with “Scream 2” as the strongest sequel out of the franchise. It’s not touching the original but I will say that this film would make Wes Craven proud :obama:

I knew the movie was special just off the opening scene. Had the same feeling and atmosphere of the original.

I figured out the killer in the first 20 minutes..
I knew it had to be Sam’s bf and Tara’s BFF because that’s usually the formula with these movies.

It also was quite telling when Ghostface was being manhandled by the victims before they got killed. Like they weren’t physically strong enough. That was a give away that ole girl was apart of it.

Sam being the daughter of Billy Loomis was interesting twist. But I’m not gonna lie, when she finally embraced her :demonic: and stabbed ole boy to death, that shyt turned me on :takedat:

Neve Campbell is aging like fine wine btw :wow: and I loved how they treated her character more as a veteran to the whole situation then the damsel in distress. Especially how unfazed she was when Ghostface called her on some :comeon:

Courtney Cox however was looking :hhh:

David Arquette did a great job too..
They made sure he died though. Like they made it abundantly clear he wasn’t coming back :russ: blood and all

All in all this was a fun watch and nice addition to the franchise.