Ezkh

Pro
Daps
LzBnwCV.jpeg

Lmao @ that Steve Harvey looking MF :mjlol:

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
fell asleep and wanted endingwalker to win as an underdog but shyt i'm happy that Punk finally climbed that mountain

never gonna be mad seeing him at #1 for a bigass tournament

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Sexyy Red like WWE and fighting games. Ol' girl is a nerd at heart.

Congrats to Punk too, deserving champion.

I know the losses hurt, however dude was absolutely right, they were so close in skill but somebody has to win and somebody has to lose. At the end of the day when the best play against the best it's nearly 50/50 every time and why so many times Grand Finals get reset. You're basically talking about a random group of sets that take place in the middle of the year between the best - it can go either way. Like a FT10 between two similarly skilled players can end in one way, then another the next week. Every now and then you'll get someone who's absolutely dominant and basically is a 99% pick to win but that's happened only a handful of times (Justin Wong MVC2, SonicFox for MK, Flash for Starcraft, etc.). I never bought allegations that Punk was a choker because of that.

Last edited:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Sexyy Red like WWE and fighting games. Ol' girl is a nerd at heart.

Congrats to Punk too, deserving champion.

I know the losses hurt, however dude was absolutely right, they were so close in skill but somebody has to win and somebody has to lose. At the end of the day when the best play against the best it's nearly 50/50 every time and why so many times Grand Finals get reset. You're basically talking about a random group of sets that take place in the middle of the year between the best - it can go either way. Every now and then you'll get someone who's absolutely dominant and basically is a 99% pick to win but that's happened only a handful of times (Justin Wong MVC2). I never bought allegations that Punk was a choker because of that.

Yeah that last game came down to Big Bird not doing an anti air when Punk jumped in. He was playing better overall and then one mistake and it was over.

Happy for Punk though you could always see he was gonna break through at some point. CEO might have been the start of a crazy run for him

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Black people didn't have SF4 on lock at all. Outside of being afraid of Smug Japan dominated that game

SF5 on the other hand:wow: Black people ran that game
Yeah you right, forgot about poongko, infiltration, that mother fukking murderface Tokido

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yeah that last game came down to Big Bird not doing an anti air when Punk jumped in. He was playing better overall and then one mistake and it was over.

Happy for Punk though you could always see he was gonna break through at some point. CEO might have been the start of a crazy run for him
Yup. I remember that MVC3 Evo set between FChamp and Justin Wong. Came completely down to Justin Wong thinking is was over so he just randomly mashed a team super and it happened to hit. I can't believe it's been 10 years.

The difference in skill between all the very best is so small on these games. Who you happen to match-up with, if the other player mains somebody you have a tough time against, how you're feeling that day, etc. all become a factor. One lucky decision can literally mean the difference between advancing or not. Justin won it all that year, but that match-up between him and FChamp will always be 5-5 because they're just too good for it to ever skew to one side.

Also I agree with Justin when he said mixing with that crowd the way fighting games used to be played vs the arenas is a vibe.

Last edited: