Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I didn't watch Evo Japan, except for the finals with MenaRD.

Was the level of player better than it is for the normal Evo?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:ufdup: CapCup up next.

Shiiiiiid he don’t gotta win nothin else in 2024, this was his ‘91 Jordan, ’00 Shaq, ‘08 KG moment, years in the making.

He beat them Chris Paul, James Harden, Karl Malone allegations :pachaha:

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
US players excelling with rushdown/mixup characters all day in all the games. I feel like the reason dudes are winning now is because stuff like frame data is so much more readily available as opposed to the early 2000's where you were just depending on a dude punishing/counter hitting you and saying, "That isn't safe".

Daps
:dead:

Barack Obama, Eight Years, 0 Street Fighter Wins for America

Donald Trump, Four Years, 0 Street Fighter Wins for America

Joe Biden, Three Years, 0 Street Fighter Wins for America

Kamala Harris, ONE DAY, 1 Street Fighter Win for America

Ackshually Snakeyes and Justin Wong won Street Fighter 2 HD Remix and 3rd Strike respectively in 09/10. :ufdup::troll:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
breh this is how i know yal be talking sony/microsoft shyt nonstop but don't actually know a thing about business

yes, the majority of US folks aren't going overseas - at the same time, the people in those markets can't come or even be exposed to the majority of the events due to all kinds of virtual and physical barriers. there is no better way to consistently grow and expand than actually establishing a normal footprint or circuit there. whether its f1, esports, fashion, etc. and on top of that, your regular sponsors will also thank you for the opportunity to carry their brand internationally to a ready-made and receptive audience as well

"the scene" ffs :dead: the logistics of evo ain't even low level wrestling tier

it wasn't expanding too fast, it was expanding counter to the markets own interest

yal gotta stop applying that early 2000s friction to every concept of growth like its some hard to grasp thing that hasn't already been solved by everything from CoD to Minecraft. And they took the fighting game community's blueprint to do it too.
Business?

Evo and the FGC was never meant to be a business and that's why it (Evo) still fails as one now.

Let me ask you a question, how many businesses do you know of that depend on volunteers to even be functional? My last 2 Evo entry all cost me as much decent sports or concert tickets. And the last time I went I didn't even compete :dead:

I'll stay on just evo, they last thing they should be trying to do is expand out the country or having more events. Part of the magic of Evo is it had established itself as THE event that you knew everyone from all over the world would be at and under one roof.

But if we talking growing the business, 1st it needs to behave like one, I understand Evo was basically crowd funded like every other major up until they were bought. But now that the are owned by a multi billion dollar company, if they want to grow, they need to start with treating it like an actual expo.

It's mad early and I'm falling asleep but in a nutshell Evo ain't ran well enough at home to be trying to expand out the country.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
US players excelling with rushdown/mixup characters all day in all the games. I feel like the reason dudes are winning now is because stuff like frame data is so much more readily available as opposed to the early 2000's where you were just depending on a dude punishing/counter hitting you and saying, "That isn't safe".
Yup The information gap and access to info and break downs compared back in the late 90s and early 2k is crazy.

Going to tournaments was legit the only way to see new tech, and play new players. Everyone at my arcade thought they was nice, but none of us were winning majors.

It wasn't until sf4 really that people understood it's a whole world of players that can play just as well if not better than you.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Yup The information gap and access to info and break downs compared back in the late 90s and early 2k is crazy.

Going to tournaments was legit the only way to see new tech, and play new players. Everyone at my arcade thought they was nice, but none of us were winning majors.

It wasn't until sf4 really that people understood it's a whole world of players that can play just as well if not better than you.

My young ass thought I was the best Marvel player in the world cause I was the only person I ever seen beat the game on a cabinet, and I got to the point were I didn't need to put more quarters in. I played against some white boy at the arcade once and got SMOKED. I put more quarters in thinking it must be a mistake but I got SMOKED again :dead:

I had to be in like 6th grade lol.