Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
lofi pitbull doing a good job as announcer.. they need to get some wrestlers or wwe people in here tho. crowd seem muted af.. like tear the roof off this mofo! hayao miyazaki summoned the most energy of anyone

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Short sighted breh, they need and want this to be as global as possible, ofc the first few times the numbers aren't gonna match because it'll be new and they'll still have logistics to work out

Long game it's bad business to just continue to do the same thing forever, eventually some other entity would capitalize on the opportunities they leave on the table

its the exact opposite :dead: they're about 5 years late on this shyt and finally getting serious. no longer running the premier fighting game event like a 2nd rate hobby convention

ticketing fukkery aside (and im not even sure that was on them this time), production has been much better. once they get a real international rhythm down they can stop worrying about twitch as a primary outlet too

fr

they got obama selling merch on commercials and recognizable faces smiling with a chipotle logo :mjlol: the fear of 'going corporate and forgetting the locals' was always wildly misplaced like it was a yes or no question. everyone is lucky evo changed hands the way it did.

We'll see, as someone that has been around the scene a long time. Your average US player isn't traveling over seas to compete, or hang out... most weren't really going to Japan for Evo japan and that's max weeb/fighting game hub. They for sure ain't about to go to Singapore or Europe.

It's going to be heavily dependent on the scene in the country. So hopefully they showup... but tbh The logistics of Evo in the US still ain't really flushed out after the recent changes

We'll see though, I love fighters so I hope for the best.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We'll see, as someone that has been around the scene a long time. Your average US player isn't traveling over seas to compete, or hang out... most weren't really going to Japan for Evo japan and that's max weeb/fighting game hub. They for sure ain't about to go to Singapore or Europe.

It's going to be heavily dependent on the scene in the country. So hopefully they showup... but tbh The logistics of Evo in the US still ain't really flushed out after the recent changes

Yea nikkas see expansion and automatically think it's a come up but there have been too many cases where something expands too fast and fukks up everything

I'm not saying they're incapable of doing this but two extra Evos is a lot, and mainline Evo itself has issues it needs to address

So ultimately it depends on the strength of the individual scenes because like you said Americans ain't traveling to all these majors, especially in this economy

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

breh this is how i know yal be talking sony/microsoft shyt nonstop but don't actually know a thing about business

yes, the majority of US folks aren't going overseas - at the same time, the people in those markets can't come or even be exposed to the majority of the events due to all kinds of virtual and physical barriers. there is no better way to consistently grow and expand than actually establishing a normal footprint or circuit there. whether its f1, esports, fashion, etc. and on top of that, your regular sponsors will also thank you for the opportunity to carry their brand internationally to a ready-made and receptive audience as well

"the scene" ffs :dead: the logistics of evo ain't even low level wrestling tier
Yea nikkas see expansion and automatically think it's a come up but there have been too many cases where something expands too fast and fukks up everything

I'm not saying they're incapable of doing this but two extra Evos is a lot, and mainline Evo itself has issues it needs to address

So ultimately it depends on the strength of the individual scenes because like you said Americans ain't traveling to all these majors, especially in this economy
it wasn't expanding too fast, it was expanding counter to the markets own interest

yal gotta stop applying that early 2000s friction to every concept of growth like its some hard to grasp thing that hasn't already been solved by everything from CoD to Minecraft. And they took the fighting game community's blueprint to do it too.