Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Did you not see the videos i add where JUST pros got close to a million views in 2 days? How much would adding the big streamers do?

Okay, great, JMcrofts does content that you like. Watch it to your hearts content. GuileWinQuote makes video about obscure and little known FGC shyt, okay.

RobTv had debates with FGC pros on topics:

I have seen other streamers do that as well but like it does not happen everyday in NA, it is the same for JP.

You keep bringing up the "Just Do It" mantra as if company outreach is not being done. Just because you do not see it does not mean it does not happen. Do you think every time a player or an org tries to get something together they need to make a press announcement? Do they need to tell people about the failures to get deals done just so people know they are trying?

Who gives a fukk, and i really mean who gives a fukk what type of content someone does? If you do not like the content NA produces, dont watch it. If you like what JP does, watch them.

And trust me, i am not about to "foster" new players to be the next great NA players if i was a pro. Why in the fukk would i do that when they are going to be the people playing against me tournament time. The best you would be able to get is a Metafy lesson, but that is it. If other places want to "train the future" then go ahead,it is what it is. I donate money and time to charities, not people playing video games. But people forget that Fchamp on the west coast and Nuckle Du on the east run pro lobbies where people can get training in, and i am sure there are more around.

And therein lies the problem. This fukk me I'mma get mine attitude isn't helpful. Eventually people will just stop putting money in your pocket because the pot monsters and next up are the ones who are really paying you. Them saudis aren't going to do a mill tourney often. so that leaves you majors and capcup. We already see numbers dwindling for in person shyt. Any way you can raise numbers would help. Back in the day I was incredibly good at marvel. I didn't lose shyt in my home state for years. Did I hide tech? no on the contrary I realized if the people there felt like I was not interested in them challenging me they would quit and a lot of people did. But I also held sessions at my crib regularly, told folks all my shyt, showed up to casuals all the time.
Even if they couldn't beat me per se they could beat each other and sometimes thats enough motivation. If I just said fukk yall nikkas ya'll trash I'mma just win. scene is dead in a few months. NOw this is small in comparison, but same concept. At the end of the day this is a niche hobby that the 0.01% makes any real money off of. they need to start acting like it. I just seen that goofball Chris G breaking down on twitter over how he has no opportunities in life essentially. And thats really the end result for a lot of these cats unless they pull their head out of there ass and become better people in general and for the scene.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Did you not see the videos i add where JUST pros got close to a million views in 2 days? How much would adding the big streamers do?

Okay, great, JMcrofts does content that you like. Watch it to your hearts content. GuileWinQuote makes video about obscure and little known FGC shyt, okay.

RobTv had debates with FGC pros on topics:

I have seen other streamers do that as well but like it does not happen everyday in NA, it is the same for JP.

You keep bringing up the "Just Do It" mantra as if company outreach is not being done. Just because you do not see it does not mean it does not happen. Do you think every time a player or an org tries to get something together they need to make a press announcement? Do they need to tell people about the failures to get deals done just so people know they are trying?

Who gives a fukk, and i really mean who gives a fukk what type of content someone does? If you do not like the content NA produces, dont watch it. If you like what JP does, watch them.

And trust me, i am not about to "foster" new players to be the next great NA players if i was a pro. Why in the fukk would i do that when they are going to be the people playing against me tournament time. The best you would be able to get is a Metafy lesson, but that is it. If other places want to "train the future" then go ahead,it is what it is. I donate money and time to charities, not people playing video games. But people forget that Fchamp on the west coast and Nuckle Du on the east run pro lobbies where people can get training in, and i am sure there are more around.

Bruh we gonna just have to agree to disagree.

You’re just throwing out straw man’s on views, who I like, putting words in my mouth. My point was the NA FGC is insular those vids prove and the community only came together for cornball baby shyt and gatekeeping. Ultimately disbarring other communities from coming in.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not directly at you breh but that’s exactly the problem, dudes are only trying to secure the bag. Which by all means do, but they are not looking as short term vs long term gain.

Right now there’s a Vtuber streaming with a JP player pulling in 10x the viewers than Angry Bird right now.

There have been twitch events where they have major streamers Collab with fgc players but if I recall right they don't do numbers like the JP streams

Part of that is infrastructure. Being a gaming/streaming celebrity in Japan is a lot more acceptable than it is in America

The other thing non of these players really have the charisma to branch out and become bigger than what they are. The only ones I see with the potential to are RobTV, Smug, Sajam. Funny enough the only nikka to transcend the fgc is LTG:mjlol:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That hiding information shyt is one of the major advantages Japan has over the US :francis:

That shyt worked in 2003 when nikkas didn't have twitter and readily available information. Japan lays everything on the table because honestly anything you save for a major is likely to be downloaded the first few times you use it:manny:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
That hiding information shyt is one of the major advantages Japan has over the US :francis:

That shyt worked in 2003 when nikkas didn't have twitter and readily available information. Japan lays everything on the table because honestly anything you save for a major is likely to be downloaded the first few times you use it:manny:
If you are streaming your self on ranked or if you go to tournaments, you are not hiding shyt. People can review your vods, and with SF 6 your replays straight from the game.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
There have been twitch events where they have major streamers Collab with fgc players but if I recall right they don't do numbers like the JP streams

Part of that is infrastructure. Being a gaming/streaming celebrity in Japan is a lot more acceptable than it is in America

The other thing non of these players really have the charisma to branch out and become bigger than what they are. The only ones I see with the potential to are RobTV, Smug, Sajam. Funny enough the only nikka to transcend the fgc is LTG:mjlol:

I think that’s half true, there is a stigma from boomers, but NA definitely has the most personalities/revenue when it comes to streaming, and as traditional media trends down streaming is only going to grow, especially in NA.

You are dead on about these FG players having no personality, although I’d drop Rob because dude got blown up by fake Destiny, Fanantiq. Dale actually is entertaining but I don’t see how any black man can fukk with him after all that c00n shyt he was talking.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you are streaming your self on ranked or if you go to tournaments, you are not hiding shyt. People can review your vods, and with SF 6 your replays straight from the game.
I don't understand what your last point was then

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I think that’s half true, there is a stigma from boomers, but NA definitely has the most personalities/revenue when it comes to streaming, and as traditional media trends down streaming is only going to grow, especially in NA.

You are dead on about these FG players having no personality, although I’d drop Rob because dude got blown up by fake Destiny, Fanantiq. Dale actually is entertaining but I don’t see how any black man can fukk with him after all that c00n shyt he was talking.
How you mean? Source?

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
During that whole Art drama RobTV got into a whole ass debate and turned into a fukkin 5 year old vs Fanatiq who was defending Art.

No he didn't Fanatiq wasn't answering questions and was doing his best Ben Shapiro impersonation and Rob was getting exhausted:mjlol:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Me and my boys joke all the time about how I would have ran the FGC if my charisma also carried with my skill over the years. Like can you imagine if LTG was actually good? anarchy. I'm not a weirdo homoerotic c00n like him though but you get what I'm saying. They don't really post up real nikkas like that, but when they do they take over look at Rob.

The best nikkas are usually just milquetoast, or insufferable. Not even gon speak on the anime nikkas :scusthov: