Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Me and my boys joke all the time about how I would have ran the FGC if my charisma also carried with my skill over the years. Like can you imagine if LTG was actually good? anarchy. I'm not a weirdo homoerotic c00n like him though but you get what I'm saying. They don't really post up real nikkas like that, but when they do they take over look at Rob.

The best nikkas are usually just milquetoast, or insufferable. Not even gon speak on the anime nikkas :scusthov:
Comparing yourself to LTG, but you're not a homo c00n? So you're both Black because he has nothing else, unless you mean rage quitting and general bytchassness. Please rethink your analogy:francis:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Comparing yourself to LTG, but you're not a homo c00n? So you're both Black because he has nothing else, unless you mean rage quitting and general bytchassness. Please rethink your analogy:francis:

My point got a little mixed up there but essentially people with personalities are rarely the best players

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jiyuna is an insufferable fakkit but he has a point about how fragmented the NA FGC scene is. No top players stream together like Daigo & Shinobism. Our best all do soyface bait content on YouTube. how many times can I care about them taking a new character into a tournament, or just provide tech?

No player even tries to reach outside of their circle to connect with other streamers. shyt aside from me and @T-K-G nobody posted about that Waka vs SonicFox match, would the scene even care about that Chris G vs Flocka match.

Basically NA FGC likes to grassroots but ain’t grassroots outside of fukkery. Pros & fans alike are fine inside of their little bubble.
Crazy before the fgc blew people used to fly in and collab all the time.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:youngsabo:The NA scene is much more fragmented per game. The ppl who play the anime fighters are making content and really collabing, But we talking purely viewership unless there is major tourney or something involving ogs/legends duking it out, it ain't getting any attention.

Last edited:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Kind of a dumb talking point tbh. It shouldnt be on the players to do capcom job (marketing) sure it helps but LOL didnt become as big as it was due to a grassroots effort
And that is the one of the points i have tried to make. Why is it the FGC responsibility to promote a game rather than the company that makes the game? I dont understand how this turned into (and it did before) a criticism of the West. Japanese FGC figures from at least what i have seen not said anything about this in regards to "Western" FGC, so why do two American FGC figures living in Japan need to bring it up? This is the tweet that set things off:

This whole thing started because Jiyuna had to shyt on "Western" FGC (you know he meant the U.S. only) and when Punk asked why does it have to be a competition, he doubles down on it. It does not help that you have the JP dikksuckers posting the same "American FGC is bad, JP FGC is good" and "That is why the NA FGC wont grow, EGO™!" rhetoric.

I dont get how you can get so hype about JP FGC when they partnered with Vtubers, that get tens of thousands of live stream viewers and hundreds of thousands total views generally for their big stars, which were a part of the event. How can you take credit for the viewership when the vast majority of it was to watch a Human dog and Lion, not Daigo or anyone else from the FGC?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
And that is the one of the points i have tried to make. Why is it the FGC responsibility to promote a game rather than the company that makes the game? I dont understand how this turned into (and it did before) a criticism of the West. Japanese FGC figures from at least what i have seen not said anything about this in regards to "Western" FGC, so why do two American FGC figures living in Japan need to bring it up? This is the tweet that set things off:

This whole thing started because Jiyuna had to shyt on "Western" FGC (you know he meant the U.S. only) and when Punk asked why does it have to be a competition, he doubles down on it. It does not help that you have the JP dikksuckers posting the same "American FGC is bad, JP FGC is good" and "That is why the NA FGC wont grow, EGO™!" rhetoric.

I dont get how you can get so hype about JP FGC when they partnered with Vtubers, that get tens of thousands of live stream viewers and hundreds of thousands total views generally for their big stars, which were a part of the event. How can you take credit for the viewership when the vast majority of it was to watch a Human dog and Lion, not Daigo or anyone else from the FGC?

people first mistake was taking anythign that dikksucker Jiyuna says seriously.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Kind of a dumb talking point tbh. It shouldnt be on the players to do capcom job (marketing) sure it helps but LOL didnt become as big as it was due to a grassroots effort

Breh nobody is expecting streamers to do Capcom’s job to market SF6, but streamers. Capcom is already marketing towards casuals and pros. They have their spend & their campaigns. It’s literally a case of these dudes being way too close a product.

This is Crazy Racc00n’s event and CR is riding the wave of a popular game. These influencers like Sajam thinking they can set foot in the business world outside of shilling GFuel is crazy.

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's tricky because the FGC and the devs are joined at the hip whether nikkas on either side want to acknowledge it or not

Street Fighter 5 dies by season 2 if not for the fgc keeping it afloat because they soured casuals with that release

Content creators are a huge part of marketing fgs just by being popular in their scene and engaging with these games, so it's not on the players to do Capcom's job, but that's kinda how it is anyway:manny: Best case is devs working together with players on shyt both are already doing separately anyway

Arcsys did a version of this in the lead up to Strive and everyone was happy

And as far as LOL goes fgc ain't lucky enough to have a Riot

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Breh nobody is expecting streamers to do Capcom’s job to market SF6, but streamers. Capcom is already marketing towards casuals and pros. They have their spend & their campaigns. It’s literally a case of these dudes being way too close a product.

This is Crazy Racc00n’s event and CR is riding the wave of a popular game. These influencers like Sajam thinking they can set foot in the business world outside of shilling GFuel is crazy.
You have something against Sajam?

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
You have something against Sajam?

You have something against Japan:sas1:

I only bring him up cause you keep using him as an example. I’m starting to believe you’re a platinum member of Alpha Academy, breh.:leostare:

Last edited:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
You have something against Japan:sas1:

I only bring him up cause you keep using him as an example. I’m starting to believe you’re a platinum member of Alpha Academy, breh.:leostare:
What have i said so far makes you believe i have something against Japan? Only thing i have referenced about Japan is that people are using a Japanese event as a tool to attack the "Western" FGC.

The reason i keep using him as an example because he is vocal about his attempts to get events started before CR Cup was a thing, only to be told no multiple times. The orgs he went to instead did normal FGC tournament content, which they may or may not change up after seeing the Cup. One of the big arguments Obama and Jiyuna make is the western FGC is not "Growing" or "innovating", but outside of this event the JP FGC streams ranked like everyone else.

How am i now some super fan of Punk? Because i think Jiyuna is a hoe that unnecessarily started shyt when it did not have to be? Because i think people using an event, with content creators way more popular than the FGC ones, to attack NA FGC are wrong for doing so? Is there is something wrong with me calling out someone saying western content is stale, but if you look at their Youtube channel it is exactly the same?