Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
What have i said so far makes you believe i have something against Japan? Only thing i have referenced about Japan is that people are using a Japanese event as a tool to attack the "Western" FGC.

The reason i keep using him as an example because he is vocal about his attempts to get events started before CR Cup was a thing, only to be told no multiple times. The orgs he went to instead did normal FGC tournament content, which they may or may not change up after seeing the Cup. One of the big arguments Obama and Jiyuna make is the western FGC is not "Growing" or "innovating", but outside of this event the JP FGC streams ranked like everyone else.

How am i now some super fan of Punk? Because i think Jiyuna is a hoe that unnecessarily started shyt when it did not have to be? Because i think people using an event, with content creators way more popular than the FGC ones, to attack NA FGC are wrong for doing so? Is there is something wrong with me calling out someone saying western content is stale, but if you look at their Youtube channel it is exactly the same?

Bruh I’m fukkin with you.

Is Jiyuna a e-whore with hair plugs trolling for content, YES

Is Japan stepping outside the traditional FGC scene, collaborating with other streamers, YES

Is the US logistics aside is as collaborative as JP, NO

Was Jiyuna right to throw shade to the US, NO

Is it Sajam’s place to do something, NO

To sum it up Jiyuna’s bytch ass could’ve framed that a lot better to not incite the west, but he thrives on drama. For example when there was a mass shooting he goes on to praise how safe he is in Japan. In this case he has a point, the US could be doing more for the community, and by community I mean the FGC, NOT sales, marketing, or engagements for Capcom. I mean things like more brehs posting in this thread. Only one person posted about CEOtaku in the past 3 days here, while we arguing back and forth about this. Sorry @KRayner i was watching Brazil Top 8 :yeshrug:

As for Sajam this dude has done nothing outside of commentating. He’s a high school grad, with no business acumen to present a case or organize something of this scale. If Valle, Spooky, or Big E weren’t so defeated they should be the ones to spearhead this not Sajam. Any size-able content creator has their email in Twitter bio, it’s not hard. If he was that serious he would bootstrap this himself or start networking but like many US influencers they’re hoping someone will get over the finish line. That’s not how it works over here.

Without doxxing myself I was able to work a few FGC content creators and indie developers on FGC related stuff, it’s not hard (Ask DarksydePhil about that). Does it need to be on the scale of Crazy Racc00n, no start small get mid level creators, and create a minimum viable product to show to these companies that hey there is value for this in the west, but these dudes don’t think like that. Therefore when they say, “I tried to do something similar” did you or did you just make a half ass suggestion?

This is business 101 the longer you stay in your bubble, eventually you’ll see diminishing returns, It’s like that for any business. It’s why Max Dood is the largest fighting game streamer he still does FGC content but expanded and still put on his friends.

What active FGC streamer is doing that outside of standard tournaments?

For another example where are the FGC players trying something new like this, and even this is done by their sponsor and not the player?

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Is Japan stepping outside the traditional FGC scene, collaborating with other streamers, YES

To sum it up Jiyuna’s bytch ass could’ve framed that a lot better to not incite the west, but he thrives on drama. For example when there was a mass shooting he goes on to praise how safe he is in Japan. In this case he has a point, the US could be doing more for the community, and by community I mean the FGC, NOT sales, marketing, or engagements for Capcom. I mean things like more brehs posting in this thread. Only one person posted about CEOtaku in the past 3 days here, while we arguing back and forth about this. Sorry @KRayner i was watching Brazil Top 8 :yeshrug:

As for Sajam this dude has done nothing outside of commentating. He’s a high school grad, with no business acumen to present a case or organize something of this scale. If Valle, Spooky, or Big E weren’t so defeated they should be the ones to spearhead this not Sajam. Any size-able content creator has their email in Twitter bio, it’s not hard. If he was that serious he would bootstrap this himself or start networking but like many US influencers they’re hoping someone will get over the finish line. That’s not how it works over here.

Without doxxing myself I was able to work a few FGC content creators and indie developers on FGC related stuff, it’s not hard (Ask DarksydePhil about that). Does it need to be on the scale of Crazy Racc00n, no start small get mid level creators, and create a minimum viable product to show to these companies that hey there is value for this in the west, but these dudes don’t think like that. Therefore when they say, “I tried to do something similar” did you or did you just make a half ass suggestion?

This is business 101 the longer you stay in your bubble, eventually you’ll see diminishing returns, It’s like that for any business. It’s why Max Dood is the largest fighting game streamer he still does FGC content but expanded and still put on his friends.

For another example where are the FGC players trying something new like this, and even this is done by their sponsor and not the player?

Basically:mjlol:

The bulk of this is the FGC waiting for somebody to make that move but nobody wants to make it:russ: and you kinda alluded to the fact that it's not that hard to network in the FGC because shyt is still so grassroots all you need is bare minimum charisma and social skills to be adjacent to whatever you want

I've ended up in salty suites, chopped it up with TOs, helped run events etc for no other reason than I know how to talk to people and say some funny shyt every once in a while. So yea there's no reason why Sajam himself couldn't do whatever he's complaining about. Hell look at how successful Will It Kill has gotten in the short time it's existed. Sajam one of the few established names that could get something going without too much effort if he wanted

As far as Jiyuna goes I think it's just best to ignore that nikka:mjlol: FGC is so heavy handed with the engagement trolling but it's still successful and is only gonna get worse now that Twitter pays. Jiyuna gonna keep doing shyt like this and there's no real reason anyone should be engaging him:mjlol: At least Punk is good at games:russ:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Basically:mjlol:

The bulk of this is the FGC waiting for somebody to make that move but nobody wants to make it:russ: and you kinda alluded to the fact that it's not that hard to network in the FGC because shyt is still so grassroots all you need is bare minimum charisma and social skills to be adjacent to whatever you want

I've ended up in salty suites, chopped it up with TOs, helped run events etc for no other reason than I know how to talk to people and say some funny shyt every once in a while. So yea there's no reason why Sajam himself couldn't do whatever he's complaining about. Hell look at how successful Will It Kill has gotten in the short time it's existed. Sajam one of the few established names that could get something going without too much effort if he wanted

As far as Jiyuna goes I think it's just best to ignore that nikka:mjlol: FGC is so heavy handed with the engagement trolling but it's still successful and is only gonna get worse now that Twitter pays. Jiyuna gonna keep doing shyt like this and there's no real reason anyone should be engaging him:mjlol: At least Punk is good at games:russ:

It really ain’t that hard at all if you know how to talk to people. These low to mid level creators are so grateful for somebody in the industry to validate their work.

Reach out to indie dev and ask em about their games mechanics. You’ll have to tell em to shut the fukk up.

Daps

Sorry breh, but Darksydephil? Why him, he's the woat.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
qf8g8ddtowrb1.png

EndGame

Superstar
Daps
MK pro players complaining about the $255,000 total pro tour poverty prize pool. Greedy ass WB. How do you sell 15 million copies of MK11 and only drop $255,000 for the entire year round pro tour? :mjlol: