Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Keepong it a bean I dont really care how they foster this community and I doubt they do either.

They already at the top relatively speaking. Its the american way to not help those under you.

Ironically Champ heaux ass is/was one of the best as far as trying to build up people skill wise. Youd never see a narcisstic cocksucker like punk do that.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Keepong it a bean I dont really care how they foster this community and I doubt they do either.

They already at the top relatively speaking. Its the american way to not help those under you.

Ironically Champ heaux ass is/was one of the best as far as trying to build up people skill wise. Youd never see a narcisstic cocksucker like punk do that.

Not directly at you breh but that’s exactly the problem, dudes are only trying to secure the bag. Which by all means do, but they are not looking as short term vs long term gain.

Right now there’s a Vtuber streaming with a JP player pulling in 10x the viewers than Angry Bird right now.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Not directly at you breh but that’s exactly the problem, dudes are only trying to secure the bag. Which by all means do, but they are not looking as short term vs long term gain.

Right now there’s a Vtuber streaming with a Pro JP player pulling in 10x the viewers than Angry Bird right now.

I doubt they care. That fakkit punk only commenting for engagement and jiyuna only posted it for the same reason. I detest that fukking herb too.

Punk skill n “personality” got him into a 1 mill invite. Ehy would he change anything. So im very perplexed why he is even bothered by this

Ive been in the fgc/smash heavy for over half my life. These top players been the same rendition of esch other for like 20 years now. fukk em

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Bruh you really gonna go hard into defense mode? :why: Pros being scattered is a lazy argument, Japan is fukkin huge, it’s 1 hour to Yokohama & 4 to Osaka by rail, all these NA dudes are either on the East or west coast you mean to tell me they can’t take $79 spirit flight to make content.

There’s multiple videos of of Daigo, Momochi, Tokido, etc discussing tech & theory in the same room. shyt Daigo is even out there live streaming in the mountains getting drunk. Fuudo is outchea seeding up the Buttmaster, and still competing. Nevermind the fact these dudes are training the next generation of JP players and have actually have relationships with other JP talent outside of the FGC. To sum up it these dudes are cultivating the scene to make these corporations take notice. The only top player that comes to mind in NA doing that is MenaRD and dude is hated over here :mjpls:

As for why should people care Chris G vs Flocka you just answered it, “Sajam tried to pitch it to Twitch”. This is the same shyt with Mike Ross’ dumbass with Capcom Talk, just going into a company saying, “Hey we should do this because it’s cool” isnt going to convince anyone. Because you know what twitch is gonna say, “Who’s your sponsors, Who are you connected with outside the FGC?, What are the logistics of an event this size?” If you don’t have a business case no company is saying yes to any of this, it was on Sajam to make them say yes.

Valle is on record saying he tried to do something but couldn’t get buy in from the community, same with Mike Watson & Spooky. Show me a player who’s linked up with Pokimane, Mr. Beast, MoistCritikal, none, but we got RobTV who chops it up with LTG. When Korone was done with the Pro-Am tournament she was still communicating with Nanai and Vice versa. Hololive has a EN branch why aren’t we doing that here, multiple EN girls stream Guilty Gear & SF6, so what’s the problem?

That’s what I mean by grassroots these dudes are not building the community, not building the next generation of pro players, and fans are not supporting the community.

NA is lazy when it comes to the growing the scene and would prefer to let sponsors do the work. It’s not bias it’s facts, It is what it is breh :hubie:
Are you really trying to defend what i said with rail travel times (Not plane, but rail) against the fact that a large chunk of people live in the Tokyo or Osaka Metropolitan area? Like that is the same as someone flying from NYC to LA + Hotel costs? Plus why do they need to be in the same room? Discord calls are just as fine without people paying out the ass to do it for the "community".

So Crazy Raccons, an esports org, was given a business plan from the JP FGC to do the event because otherwise they would of balked at it? You think Daigo getting pissy drunk is what made them do it? Do you think it was JP FGC holding hands in a circle singing "Kumbaya" did it? Or was it that they are famous video game players. You say "Sajam tried to pitch it to Twitch" like he was trying to sell a FGC cooking show. Getting top players to play with top gaming streamers is a no brainer.

They had a Twitch Rivals event for a SF 6 Tournament that did over 800k views, with just FGC pros. What would you think would happen if you add other pro gamers to the mix?

AT&T had their Annihilator Cup with some of the biggest streamers competing, with one of the games being SF 6. You can have the best plan, but if an idiot does not take it up then it is what it is.

Do you really expect Pokimane to take some random FGC pro seriously saying, "Hey you should set some shyt up between us pro and other gamers". She co-owns Evo, she does that already. You think Mr.Beast is going to drop his new crazy ass event to put on a FGC tournament/event because Punk sent him a bunch of DM's? MoistCritikal has an Esports team with Smash and GG and can do it if he wants to.

Do you really think Hololive is going to partner up with random ass FGC dudes to put together an event? Again, they partnered with Crazy Raccons for the event, not the individual players. If you have a problem with that then go at the NA Esports teams, not the players.

You dudes always complain about how NA players are not "building" the community or "GRASSROOTS™" when most of them are not even sponsored. Most of them are getting by. You are judging the whole NA scene by a very few successful, sponsored and famous Japanese players and that is fukking crazy.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The thing is there are points to be made about America/Japan approaches to content, but the problem is the messengers being Jiyuna and Obama(I honestly don't think Obama is that bad with the Japan dikk riding)

What people always neglect to mention is for the last decade the fgc has been kept afloat by the US. The Japanese love our tournaments so much they let their #1 tournament (SBO) die. The tournaments, payouts, merch, publicity, etc has been mostly American based

Now when SF5 came out Japan got more serious in regards to content, streaming, and collaborations, but they haven't broken some unprecedented ground. What I will say for Japan is they have deep discussions about meta and players strategies, which I think the fgc is missing tremendously. As far as major Japanese platforms supporting FGC content, Japan has always been more forward thinking than the US in considering gaming as a serious medium:manny:

Americans do collaborate from time to time, but overall American fgc content is stale and redundant. I enjoy Smugs' content, Majin Obama has interesting topics and is hilarious, Justin has decent shyt sometimes but you gotta sift through 40 "I got parried" vids :francis:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s multiple videos of of Daigo, Momochi, Tokido, etc discussing tech & theory in the same room. shyt Daigo is even out there live streaming in the mountains getting drunk. Fuudo is outchea seeding up the Buttmaster, and still competing. Nevermind the fact these dudes are training the next generation of JP players and have actually have relationships with other JP talent outside of the FGC. To sum up it these dudes are cultivating the scene to make these corporations take notice. The only top player that comes to mind in NA doing that is MenaRD and dude is hated over here :mjpls:
Yes unfortunately Japan does seem to be in the early stages of cultivating some serious shyt for their scene

Just a few months ago a bunch of the players put together a union based on their issues with CPT scheduling. A union will only make Japan more powerful. We already know they have preferential treatment when it comes to character balance complaints:mjpls:

And Mena really has proven himself as an example to be followed. He could've tricked off his 2018 CCup winnings but invested a significant portion of it into building the DR scene, and it's paid dividends. Now you got nikkas like Caba putting fear into the Japanese:wow:. Mena got an eSports venue keeping nikkas off the streets:wow:

Like I said earlier, American FGC kept the scene thriving for the past decade but now nikkas have gotten too stagnant and complacent while other countries (Japan/Saudi Arabia/DR) are making serious moves

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
The thing is there are points to be made about America/Japan approaches to content, but the problem is the messengers being Jiyuna and Obama(I honestly don't think Obama is that bad with the Japan dikk riding)

What people always neglect to mention is for the last decade the fgc has been kept afloat by the US. The Japanese love our tournaments so much they let their #1 tournament (SBO) die. The tournaments, payouts, merch, publicity, etc has been mostly American based

Now when SF5 came out Japan got more serious in regards to content, streaming, and collaborations, but they haven't broken some unprecedented ground. What I will say for Japan is they have deep discussions about meta and players strategies, which I think the fgc is missing tremendously. As far as major Japanese platforms supporting FGC content, Japan has always been more forward thinking than the US in considering gaming as a serious medium:manny:

Americans do collaborate from time to time, but overall American fgc content is stale and redundant. I enjoy Smugs' content, Majin Obama has interesting topics and is hilarious, Justin has decent shyt sometimes but you gotta sift through 40 "I got parried" vids :francis:
Yeah, i dont think anyone will say the Youtube content farming is top tier content, but it pays the bills. The biggest issue is that people are taking an event organized by an Esports company, getting content creators that get 10k+ live viewers a stream and attributing the success to the JP fgc members that participated.

There is this bias by people towards NA FGC streamers when at vast majority of JP FGC streamers, including the pros, only play games. You can try and branch out with different content but the large majority of people that come to your stream do so for the fighting games. I watch people that for example that are know for certain games see their viewership drop dramatically when they play something else. To the point where they can only do it for a little bit then get back on the "grind".

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Are you really trying to defend what i said with rail travel times (Not plane, but rail) against the fact that a large chunk of people live in the Tokyo or Osaka Metropolitan area? Like that is the same as someone flying from NYC to LA + Hotel costs? Plus why do they need to be in the same room? Discord calls are just as fine without people paying out the ass to do it for the "community".

So Crazy Raccons, an esports org, was given a business plan from the JP FGC to do the event because otherwise they would of balked at it? You think Daigo getting pissy drunk is what made them do it? Do you think it was JP FGC holding hands in a circle singing "Kumbaya" did it? Or was it that they are famous video game players. You say "Sajam tried to pitch it to Twitch" like he was trying to sell a FGC cooking show. Getting top players to play with top gaming streamers is a no brainer.

They had a Twitch Rivals event for a SF 6 Tournament that did over 800k views, with just FGC pros. What would you think if you add other pro gamers to the mix?

AT&T had their Annihilator Cup with some of the biggest streamers competing, with one of the games being SF 6. You can have the best plan, but if an idiot does not take it up then it is what it is.

Do you really expect Pokimane to take some random FGC pro seriously saying, "Hey you should set some shyt up between us pro and other gamers". She co-owns Evo, she does that already. You think Mr.Beast is going to drop his new crazy ass event to put on a FGC tournament/event because Punk sent him a bunch of DM's? MoistCritikal has an Esports team with Smash and GG and can do it if he wants to.

Do you really think Hololive is going to partner up with random ass FGC dudes to put together an event? Again, they partnered with Crazy Raccons for the event, not the individual players. If you have a problem with that then go at the NA Esports teams, not the players.

You dudes always complain about how NA players are not "building" the community or "GRASSROOTS™" when most of them are not even sponsored. Most of them are getting by. You are judging the whole NA scene by a very few successful, sponsored and famous Japanese players and that is fukking crazy.

BRUH you all over the place. :why:

Seattle players can’t fly to California to play or sleep on their couch? The logistics are not hard. When have you seen Nephew, Punk, Idom, & Brian F on a stream theory crafting. Only person that comes to mind is Max Dood.

By your logic, why isn’t the Fly Quest or Xset setting stuff up? Why isnt Punk or Nephew pushing management for these collaborations? You really trying to compare a company to Sajam, he wasn’t trying to get top players he was trying to pull in casual/pro influencers from other genres, with no plan in place. Twitch Rivals again was in a FGC bubble, nobody outside the FGC was involved.

The point is JP players are not in FGC bubble like the NA players when it comes to producing content or networking. Hell JMcrofts is putting out more varied content any FGC player, GuileWinQuote is getting more views than punk with less content. How many soyface tier list or AKI react vids are in your feed right now? You think KaiCenat want to discuss DR nerfs with Justin Wong for 4 hours?

Where did I say they these influencers have to host, none of this is done in 2 days. These things are planned months in advance. Mr. Beast is all over these food channels, and Moist is doing random live chats talking about DSP. Get your management team to reach out have a convo plan something out.

Like @Aveda said it’s a different mindset over here streamers only care about the bag. Again Mena took his CapCup check and invested that into his scene these players aren’t doing that. Colleges are now having esports teams why aren’t they active in those scenes?

It’s literally an attitude of me vs you, whereas JP is us.

Yes unfortunately Japan does seem to be in the early stages of cultivating some serious shyt for their scene

Just a few months ago a bunch of the players put together a union based on their issues with CPT scheduling. A union will only make Japan more powerful. We already know they have preferential treatment when it comes to character balance complaints:mjpls:

And Mena really has proven himself as an example to be followed. He could've tricked off his 2018 CCup winnings but invested a significant portion of it into building the DR scene, and it's paid dividends. Now you got nikkas like Caba putting fear into the Japanese:wow:. Mena got an eSports venue keeping nikkas off the streets:wow:

Like I said earlier, American FGC kept the scene thriving for the past decade but now nikkas have gotten too stagnant and complacent while other countries (Japan/Saudi Arabia/DR) are making serious moves

All facts and it’s gonna be crazy to see once the Africa scene gets up to speed as well.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, i dont think anyone will say the Youtube content farming is top tier content, but it pays the bills. The biggest issue is that people are taking an event organized by an Esports company, getting content creators that get 10k+ live viewers a stream and attributing the success to the JP fgc members that participated.

There is this bias by people towards NA FGC streamers when at vast majority of JP FGC streamers, including the pros, only play games. You can try and branch out with different content but the large majority of people that come to your stream do so for the fighting games. I watch people that for example that are know for certain games see their viewership drop dramatically when they play something else. To the point where they can only do it for a little bit then get back on the "grind".
Yea but the thing about chasing what "pays the bills" is it becomes rapidly diminishing returns. We're seeing it in movies, music, etc. Then one day you wake up and wonder why everyone stopped watching everything

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Seattle players can’t fly to California to play or sleep on their couch? The logistics are not hard. When have you seen Nephew, Punk, Idom, & Brian F on a stream theory crafting. Only person that comes to mind is Max Dood.

By your logic, why isn’t the Fly Quest or Xset setting stuff up? Why isnt Punk or Nephew pushing management for these collaborations? You really trying to compare a company to Sajam, he wasn’t trying to get top players he was trying to pull in casual/pro influencers from other genres, with no plan in place. Twitch Rivals again was in a FGC bubble, nobody outside the FGC was involved.
Panda was making them nikkas collaborate before they went under:mjlol:

Some of them shyts looked like hostage vids:mjlol: having 5 nikkas from 5 different games doing KOF 13 combo trials:mjlol:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Panda was making them nikkas collaborate before they went under:mjlol:

Some of them shyts looked like hostage vids:mjlol: having 5 nikkas from 5 different games doing KOF 13 combo trials:mjlol:

You see it breh, some of these players hate getting out of their comfort zone of content.

There’s a huge opportunity once once Project L drops to crossover, we’ll see what region’s really take advantage of it.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
:dead: I mean you not wrong breh but why you going so hard on Punk?

Did he type a 5 page essay at you too :lolbron:

I just dislike people like that. He talks a lot of shyt but he is not articulate or clever, whines about everything, and acts like he hard. You play videogames well breh you aint tough.

I'd def crash out if one of these new school fgc nikkas talked to me like they do some people, check hooks and banned from tournies fukk it :dead: I almost brought my boxing gloves to combo breaker a few years ago. not for me to use, but for these soft ass nerds who be barking at each other. you really got anna hash it out you little bytches.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago

The point is JP players are not in FGC bubble like the NA players when it comes to producing content or networking. Hell JMcrofts is putting out more varied content any FGC player, GuileWinQuote is getting more views than punk with less content. How many soyface tier list or AKI react vids are in your feed right now. You think KaiCenat want to discuss DR nerfs with Justin Wong for 4 hours?

Where did I say they these influencers have to host, none of this is done in 2 days. These things are planned months in advance. Mr. Beast is all over these food channels, and Moist is doing random live chats talking about DSP. Get your management team to reach out have a convo plan something out.

Like @Aveda it’s a different mindset over here streamers only care about the bag. Again Mena took his CapCup check and invested that into his scene these players aren’t doing that. Colleges are now having esports teams why aren’t they active in those scenes?

It’s literally an attitude of me vs you.

All facts and it’s gonna be crazy to see once the Africa scene gets up to speed as well.
Did you not see the videos i add where JUST pros got close to a million views in 2 days? How much would adding the big streamers do?

Okay, great, JMcrofts does content that you like. Watch it to your hearts content. GuileWinQuote makes video about obscure and little known FGC shyt, okay.

RobTv had debates with FGC pros on topics:

I have seen other streamers do that as well but like it does not happen everyday in NA, it is the same for JP.

You keep bringing up the "Just Do It" mantra as if company outreach is not being done. Just because you do not see it does not mean it does not happen. Do you think every time a player or an org tries to get something together they need to make a press announcement? Do they need to tell people about the failures to get deals done just so people know they are trying?

Who gives a fukk, and i really mean who gives a fukk what type of content someone does? If you do not like the content NA produces, dont watch it. If you like what JP does, watch them.

And trust me, i am not about to "foster" new players to be the next great NA players if i was a pro. Why in the fukk would i do that when they are going to be the people playing against me tournament time. The best you would be able to get is a Metafy lesson, but that is it. If other places want to "train the future" then go ahead,it is what it is. I donate money and time to charities, not people playing video games. But people forget that Fchamp on the west coast and Nuckle Du on the east run pro lobbies where people can get training in, and i am sure there are more around.