Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
This society, :snoop: either beat his ass or just air him out, but you out here e -begging for another man:dame:

Cards fall as they may :childplease: nikka you damn near a 40 year old man posting a sob story on social media. You know who Art is you should’ve demanded the money upfront.
You see it the same way I see it. While these young brehs eating fgc old heads still looking poverty with the bum vibes. Someone pay on his behalf :dead:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
SonicFox vs. Waka Flocka for 10k

Sonic just said he wanted to do it blindfolded

told flocka if he won a single round he'd give him the (costume) head, the entire crowd hit the AYOOOOOO/PAUSE!

i don't know if they realize fox is gay :dead:

commentary: "idk how you can say pause cuz sonicfox is gay as fukk" BRUH :dead::dead::dead:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Punk went off on Jiyuna and Majin Obama for throwing shade on NA FGC, because they are not throwing events like Crazy Rac00n Cup. But the thing is that it is a organization running it, not JP FGC members, while bringing in big non FGC streamers. To expect NA FGC pros to put on an event like the one being done, when the JP FGC just showed up is a little wild:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Punk went off on Jiyuna and Majin Obama for throwing shade on NA FGC, because they are not throwing events like Crazy Rac00n Cup. But the thing is that it is a organization running it, not JP FGC members, while bringing in big non FGC streamers. To expect NA FGC pros to put on an event like the one being done, when the JP FGC just showed up is a little wild:

Jiyuna is an insufferable fakkit but he has a point about how fragmented the NA FGC scene is. No top players stream together like Daigo & Shinobism. Our best all do soyface bait content on YouTube. how many times can I care about them taking a new character into a tournament, or just provide tech?

No player even tries to reach outside of their circle to connect with other streamers. shyt aside from me and @T-K-G nobody posted about that Waka vs SonicFox match, would the scene even care about that Chris G vs Flocka match.

Basically NA FGC likes to grassroots but ain’t grassroots outside of fukkery. Pros & fans alike are fine inside of their little bubble.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Jiyuna is an insufferable fakkit but he has a point about how fragmented the NA FGC scene is. No top players stream together like Daigo & Shinobism. Our best all do soyface bait content on YouTube. how many times can I care about them taking a new character into a tournament, or just provide tech?

No player even tries to reach outside of their circle to connect with other streamers. shyt aside from me and @T-K-G nobody posted about that Waka vs SonicFox match, would the scene even care about that Chris G vs Flocka match.

Basically NA FGC likes to grassroots but ain’t grassroots outside of fukkery. Pros & fans alike are fine inside of their little bubble.
So does every JP pro stream regularly with other players? Every day, week, month? When i look at Daigo i only see him play ranked for 6-12 hours, maybe i missed it.

You asked who would care about a Chris G vs Flocka match? No one would and why should they? I only knew about the SonicFox fight because i heard about it through the streams i watched, the promotion was ass for the most part.

How do you know if players do not reach outside of the FGC to do content? Just because it does not happen does not mean it is not attempted. On Majin Obama's stream where he had a small event like that, Sajam (who was a commentator) mentioned he pitched to Twitch an event like CR Cup or AT&T's for SF6. They basically said they did not think it would work and declined.

Also with the grass roots thing, what do you mean? Are you talking about pros doing more offline non tournament events? We can not compare getting pros that live in Tokyo or in Japan overall together, vs the pros scattered around the U.S., Canada or the Caribbean.

At this point there is just a pervasive JP bias when it comes to the FGC.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Punks a idiot and instead of his autistic ramblings he should instead figure out how to put out better content than “can I get Honda to masters teehee”

His legion of dikkriders also dont help

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
So does every JP pro stream regularly with other players? Every day, week, month? When i look at Daigo i only see him play ranked for 6-12 hours, maybe i missed it.

You asked who would care about a Chris G vs Flocka match? No one would and why should they? I only knew about the SonicFox fight because i heard about it through the streams i watched, the promotion was ass for the most part.

How do you know if players do not reach outside of the FGC to do content? Just because it does not happen does not mean it is not attempted. On Majin Obama's stream where he had a small event like that, Sajam (who was a commentator) mentioned he pitched to Twitch an event like CR Cup or AT&T's for SF6. They basically said they did not think it would work and declined.

Also with the grass roots thing, what do you mean? Are you talking about pros doing more offline non tournament events? We can not compare getting pros that live in Tokyo or in Japan overall together, vs the pros scattered around the U.S., Canada or the Caribbean.

At this point there is just a pervasive JP bias when it comes to the FGC.

Bruh you really gonna go hard into defense mode? :why: Pros being scattered is a lazy argument, Japan is fukkin huge, it’s 1 hour to Yokohama & 4 to Osaka by rail, all these NA dudes are either on the East or west coast you mean to tell me they can’t take $79 spirit flight to make content.

There’s multiple videos of of Daigo, Momochi, Tokido, etc discussing tech & theory in the same room. shyt Daigo is even out there live streaming in the mountains getting drunk. Fuudo is outchea seeding up the Buttmaster, and still competing. Nevermind the fact these dudes are training the next generation of JP players and have actually have relationships with other JP talent outside of the FGC. To sum up it these dudes are cultivating the scene to make these corporations take notice. The only top player that comes to mind in NA doing that is MenaRD and dude is hated over here :mjpls:

As for why should people care Chris G vs Flocka you just answered it, “Sajam tried to pitch it to Twitch”. This is the same shyt with Mike Ross’ dumbass with Capcom Talk, just going into a company saying, “Hey we should do this because it’s cool” isnt going to convince anyone. Because you know what twitch is gonna say, “Who’s your sponsors, Who are you connected with outside the FGC?, What are the logistics of an event this size?” If you don’t have a business case no company is saying yes to any of this, it was on Sajam to make them say yes.

Valle is on record saying he tried to do something but couldn’t get buy in from the community, same with Mike Watson & Spooky. Show me a player who’s linked up with Pokimane, Mr. Beast, MoistCritikal, none, but we got RobTV who chops it up with LTG. When Korone was done with the Pro-Am tournament she was still communicating with Nanai and Vice versa. Hololive has a EN branch why aren’t we doing that here, multiple EN girls stream Guilty Gear & SF6, so what’s the problem?

That’s what I mean by grassroots these dudes are not building the community, not building the next generation of pro players, and fans are not supporting the community.

NA is lazy when it comes to the growing the scene and would prefer to let sponsors do the work. It’s not bias it’s facts, It is what it is breh :hubie: