Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Speaking of CPT, ya boy Chris T must be cursed or karma is making him pay for grinding the cracked version early. :heh:

Son got his car stolen and missed evo, then he completely missed out on the online CPT qualifier due to schedule mixups... :snoop:
Damn I like Chris T, sad that his car got stolen. He definitely had a good chance of winning the CPT if he didn't miss out on it, smh.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
How does Punk have a better chance than someone who's won more under pressure? Idom will always be above Punk until he figures out how to cross the finish line

And how is a snake just chilling when he just won a tournament :dahell: Seems to me he's just keeping his tech to himself and not wasting time at tournaments with small pots, that's not chilling he's clearly in the lab. This is the best time for him to go on a Gief run because everyone's still figuring out the meta

This whole saving tech is overblown, we are no longer in the 90s where only 5 people knew about Balrog loops. these are players at the top of their if they who are able to course correct mid match. If Snake is not playing other players and competing he’s not developing. There’s a reason JP & EU are so strong right now, they are playing each other sharing and developing. Snake entering one tournament doesn’t mean he’s active. We’ll see what else he shows up for.

Idom was over Punk in V not VI. SF6 is different monster than V and Idom hasn’t found a character that he synergizes with yet.

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
This whole saving tech is overblown, we are no longer in the 90s where only 5 people knew about Balrog loops. these are players at the top of their if they who are able to course correct mid match. If Snake is not playing other players and competing he’s not developing. There’s a reason JP & EU are so strong right now, they are playing each other sharing and developing. Snake entering one tournament doesn’t mean he’s active. We’ll see what else he shows up for.

Idom was over Punk in V not VI. SF6 is different monster than V and Idom hasn’t found a character that he synergizes with yet.
You're saying he's not playing other players because he's not in tournaments, doesn't make any sense breh :snoop: online exists, and if he was inactive like you say then explain how he just won a tournament with a low tier character, you just said sf6 isn't the same as 5 so it ain't like he just transferred his skills over.

And when I say tech I mean his personal playstyle, more people are gonna watch his sets from this tournament and study his style of play than the people that were just watching him run sets on his twitch. The game is NEW, there's still techniques to be discovered :dahell:you're bugging if you think people aren't saving some shyt until that million is on the line, nobody talking about the 90s nikka go somewhere with the exaggerated stance :camby:

And Idom not having a character has absolutely NOTHING to do with Punks inability to handle pressure at the higher level :dahell: doesn't matter what game he's playing, if he hasn't done it yet why are you giving him benefit of the doubt just because the game changed, breh was breaking down mentally, nothing to do with the mechanics

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Yea those Arabs are all about those big names NA has, Punk, Mena etc who been putting work in on SFL, online tournies, & stream.

Somebody said, “now that snake is locked in to CPT he’s just gonna chill” if he wants that Arab money he gotta show up for that NLBC money. :francis:
He definetely should be playing in Can Opener, ICFC, COM and the other online tournaments, but i guess he does not really care about them.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
You're saying he's not playing other players because he's not in tournaments, doesn't make any sense breh :snoop: online exists, and if he was inactive like you say then explain how he just won a tournament with a low tier character, you just said sf6 isn't the same as 5 so it ain't like he just transferred his skills over.

And when I say tech I mean his personal playstyle, more people are gonna watch his sets from this tournament and study his style of play than the people that were just watching him run sets on his twitch. The game is NEW, there's still techniques to be discovered :dahell:you're bugging if you think people aren't saving some shyt until that million is on the line, nobody talking about the 90s nikka go somewhere with the exaggerated stance :camby:

And Idom not having a character has absolutely NOTHING to do with Punks inability to handle pressure at the higher level :dahell: doesn't matter what game he's playing, if he hasn't done it yet why are you giving him benefit of the doubt just because the game changed, breh was breaking down mentally, nothing to do with the mechanics

Bruh just say personal playstyle then :why: imma just go bullet point so I don’t confuse myself.

Online/Meta
Online is totally different from in person, don’t even front on that, from netcode delay to atmosphere. We’ve had this game for about 4 months between the betas and release with over 50k players the meta has been figured out. You are romanticizing the hell out of the “meta” there’s no saving tech for this, if there was EVO would’ve been way more volatile with more blow ups. :stopitslime: What those 09ers have been whining about ever since SFV is here, player expression, that’s the drive gauge. It’s all about you risk tolerance/aversion and how you utilize Drive Gauge. Snake beat Reynald by using parry sacrificing damage for better Oki, he was less risk adverse. Reynald refused to really switch up his playstyle after the reset. Low tier here is not low tier like SFV or SF4, a Ryu won Germany.

SnakeEyeZ
He won but he wasn’t playing the best in that tourney. Him on cruise control until CPT is the worst thing he can do. Go look at liquipedia, this was his only SF6 entry, he’s not playing the big names gaining experience. Playing Demondan or TwistedRiveria online constantly isnt gonna get him paid. Mena, Punk, etc are playing the best and playing offline, he’s only making his chances worst for CapCup. The ones who are winning in SF6 are constantly sharing tech or playing together.

Punk
On the other hand is the exact opposite of Snake dude is playing FT10s with people he knows he’ll playing the next day in Top 8. He did it with Tokido for EVO and with Bird for Gamers8. All Punk needs to do is stop rushing back into a match when he gets beat dude doesn’t think and gets tilted. Right now he’s still the best bet out of these 3.

Idom
The things that made Idom a monster in SFV isn’t in SF6 and definitely isn’t with Manon. The plus frames and proximity guard made it hard for a lot of people to deal with his Laura/Poison. Manon has to work twice as hard to get what the top tiers get off of one touch and less drive gauge. Problem X washed him 5-0 with Lily, LILY.

Out of the 3 that’s been talked about here it goes,

Punk
Idom
Snake

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah that's the problem with snake. Has the potential to be bigger than he is, just from playing Zangief, but doesn't capitalize on it.

To be fair though, Zangief in street fighter 5 was straight garbage even though Gief is still low tier in 6 at least he has some more options.

Hopefully his strategy works out and he gets at least a top 8 appearance in Capcom Cup, otherwise that will suck hard. Capcom Cup going to be filled with bad matchups too, so let's hope he pulls it off.
Snake is scared. Always has been:mjlol:

Watch enough of his streams and you'll figure out the type of nikka he is:russ:

Truth is SF5 broke Snake Eyez. Capcom made SF5 Gief specifically around making sure Snake didn't win(true story I have on very good authority. No I don't have receipts:manny::russ:)

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The more he plays, the more they learn and develop tech against him. This is, as they used to call it, STSFN

S ave
T hat
S hit
F or
N ationals

He's going for the M. After seeing what Bird got for Evo, I don't blame him. That Evo pot was insulting.
This ain't 2001 breh that shyt don't work anymore:mjlol:

All that hiding tech shyt is pre YouTube, Twitter days. This ain't back in the days where only 3 people out of 100 had access to frame data and hitboxes

There's nothing to save:mjlol:

And in the case that Snake did show up with some miraculous unseen tech, that shyt would get downloaded that same day. Players are smarter now and adapt faster than ever before

All that save it for nationals shyt does these days is ensure that you get left behind

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This ain't 2001 breh that shyt don't work anymore:mjlol:

All that hiding tech shyt is pre YouTube, Twitter days. This ain't back in the days where only 3 people out of 100 had access to frame data and hitboxes

There's nothing to save:mjlol:

And in the case that Snake did show up with some miraculous unseen tech, that shyt would get downloaded that same day. Players are smarter now and adapt faster than ever before

All that save it for nationals shyt does these days is ensure that you get left behind
You gotta relax, b. I gave no opinion, just explained the mindset.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You gotta relax, b. I gave no opinion, just explained the mindset.
I explained why the mindset don't work anymore:manny:

Nikkas been ranting about Gief all week but this is just him fulfilling his one tournament win per SF quota:mjlol:

Nikkas gonna be having this same discussion 7 years later in SF7:pachaha:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Nikkas been ranting about Gief all week but this is just him fulfilling his one tournament win per SF quota:mjlol:

What's your problem with him? It sounds personal. It can't be that serious.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Hopefully in SFVII they take away SPD and all he has is Tundra Storm. :demonic:

#NeverStopNerfingGief