Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Kakeru made the right adaptations with relying on parry more than OD Amnesia but also putting Angrybird in no man's land with all of those OD Departures at the end.

I dont even like calling perfect parrying as often as he did a strategy because its bold as hell to actually land that. I'd be doin exactly what Angrybird did. "You might've perfect parried the last 8 but nobody perfect parries 9 dragonlashes! :childplease:" just to see this nikka destroying my drive gauge every time

Impressive by Angrybird to see all of these Departure portals and never eat a DI in the corner. Dude parry'd damn near all of them shyts if not perfect parry. fukk a mixup, i need to rely on that parry more often.. Again tho, Kakeru adjusted again for that towards the end even tho he was already winning. Got him in the corner, did OD Departure again, let the first get parried, teleported into the 2nd portal and got a punish counter throw for his troubles.

Didn't think Kakeru had a chance after Winner's Finals, especially when they cut to him and he was makin the :mjgrin: face after Angrybird was makin all types of dumb anti-air conversions

that shyt was masterful, i can't eem dream of being on that level

Was really waiting on Angrybird to start relying more on command run or even just neutral drive rush but it never came. Felt like it was a wrap when Kakeru started getting punish counters on Angrybird trying to chuck plasma around

give it a few months and we may need to have a discussion on JP in them tierlists. He in that Spoiler tier with Marisa where they can ruin anybody's day if they're playing good enough...looking at top 16, 4 of em made it out (zhen had a pocket one too so 5 made top 16). No JP's in this entire thing got eliminated before the tournament stage :ehh:

Juri and Deejay still lookin like pretenders

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Kakeru made the right adaptations with relying on parry more than OD Amnesia but also putting Angrybird in no man's land with all of those OD Departures at the end.

I dont even like calling perfect parrying as often as he did a strategy because its bold as hell to actually land that. I'd be doin exactly what Angrybird did. "You might've perfect parried the last 8 but nobody perfect parries 9 dragonlashes! :childplease:" just to see this nikka destroying my drive gauge every time

Impressive by Angrybird to see all of these Departure portals and never eat a DI in the corner. Dude parry'd damn near all of them shyts if not perfect parry. fukk a mixup, i need to rely on that parry more often.. Again tho, Kakeru adjusted again for that towards the end even tho he was already winning. Got him in the corner, did OD Departure again, let the first get parried, teleported into the 2nd portal and got a punish counter throw for his troubles.

Didn't think Kakeru had a chance after Winner's Finals, especially when they cut to him and he was makin the :mjgrin: face after Angrybird was makin all types of dumb anti-air conversions

that shyt was masterful, i can't eem dream of being on that level

Was really waiting on Angrybird to start relying more on command run or even just neutral drive rush but it never came. Felt like it was a wrap when Kakeru started getting punish counters on Angrybird trying to chuck plasma around

give it a few months and we may need to have a discussion on JP in them tierlists. He in that Spoiler tier with Marisa where they can ruin anybody's day if they're playing good enough...looking at top 16, 4 of em made it out (zhen had a pocket one too so 5 made top 16). No JP's in this entire thing got eliminated before the tournament stage :ehh:

Juri and Deejay still lookin like pretenders

Jp def top 5 but I do think his margin for error is a lot lower than the other tops. I still got Ken as top one unless everyone starts magically being Kakeru :dead:

1.Ken
2.Luca Brasi
3.Guile
4.Jp
4-8. CMmy, juri, dj, marisa

No order for those. I could be convinced jp is top 3 tho

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Kakeru: **Perfect Parries dragon lash 10 times**
Angribird:

ill-do-it-again-goofy.gif
It’s funny but Logan Sama was saying it’s the alternative to DR throw the JP gauntlet.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Jp def top 5 but I do think his margin for error is a lot lower than the other tops. I still got Ken as top one unless everyone starts magically being Kakeru :dead:

1.Ken
2.Luca Brasi
3.Guile
4.Jp
4-8. CMmy, juri, dj, marisa

No order for those. I could be convinced jp is top 3 tho
not gonna lie how i see it right now is like:
1. Luke
2. Ken
3. Guile
Good Amount of Space

New Tier
4. Cammy
5. Juri
6. Deejay
7. JP
8. Blanka
9. Marisa

i think Chun is on the edge of breaking into this group as well, she has all the makings to be in that 2nd tier. Dhalsim is forever a spoiler character so he should be in that group too.....

if you makin it to a top 8 with anyone outside of the above aforementioned, you a diff animal because the devs kinda hate your character...Rashid is still TBD.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

I know this is posed to be a tee hee thecoli.com gotcha but Im not one of those people who will argue something Im wrong on forever like most people on here

Top4 is def top tier :yeshrug:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I know this is posed to be a tee hee thecoli.com gotcha but Im not one of those people who will argue something Im wrong on forever like most people on here

Top4 is def top tier :yeshrug:

Yeah, Guile/Ken/Juri/JP/Luke/Deejay are the obvious top 6 and I'd say JP is probably #1 or #2.

Too many areas of the game he is dominant.

- Best zoner
- ...but you can't zone him
- You can't jump on him
- Great normals with large hitboxes and small hurt boxes, so even when not zoning he can more than fend for himself
- Best reversal in the game
- huge damage
- arguably the best level 2 and 3
- The most difficult character to fight against in burnout
- One of the hardest characters in the game to drive impact

His gameplan is consistent and stable. It's definitely a lot.

Kakeru is probably the best player in the world on top of that, so damn.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, Guile/Ken/Juri/JP/Luke/Deejay are the obvious top 6 and I'd say JP is probably #1 or #2.

Too many areas of the game he is dominant.

- Best zoner
- ...but you can't zone him
- You can't jump on him
- Great normals with large hitboxes and small hurt boxes, so even when not zoning he can more than fend for himself
- Best reversal in the game
- huge damage
- arguably the best level 2 and 3
- The most difficult character to fight against in burnout
- One of the hardest characters in the game to drive impact

His gameplan is consistent and stable. It's definitely a lot.

Kakeru is probably the best player in the world on top of that, so damn.

Amnesia is not the best reversal lol. All it does is deter people from doing brainless throw loops in the corner but other than that its on par with other reversals imo.

Everyone is pretty silly against burnout. CMmy had a pseudo infinite blockstring as a example.

I wont argue against his placement i still think ken is top 1 tho

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Who do you use?

JP. So I have firsthand experience on how good it is.

Objectively speaking to get anything off of it you have to hit someone twice whereaways every other reversal is once. Its good but I dont think its some broken ass teversal unless you want to be a retard and try to grab him in the corner

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
JP. So I have firsthand experience on how good it is.

Objectively speaking to get anything off of it you have to hit someone twice whereaways every other reversal is once. Its good but I dont think its some broken ass teversal unless you want to be a retard and try to grab him in the corner

I think EX Amnesia is def the best reversal in the game, and giving a zoning character a get off me move that strong is incredibly confusing game design.

We all free to our own opinions of course and I'm not gonna be a dikk about it but that move is def considered the best reversal in the game to most people and you can get some crazy damage conversions off of it.

Ken is definitely a fair choice for best in the game. I think Ken, Guile and JP are the only characters in the conversation. I will say that despite everyone complaining about how outrageous JP is from head to toe, it's pretty cool that a final boss character actually feels and plays like one.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
EX Amnesia is the best reversal in the game and its not close :heh:

im not even mad at it like i should but im not finna downplay that shyt

if you don't agree, i'd be very curious to know whats better, if that counter lands he gets a new lease on life

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
JP will be nerfed so I can't wait for that shyt.

Theyll just be another character everyone picks
EX Amnesia is the best reversal in the game and its not close :heh:

im not even mad at it like i should but im not finna downplay that shyt

if you don't agree, i'd be very curious to know whats better, if that counter lands he gets a new lease on life

Ken does a DP and it lands and you take damage and stops your offense.

JP does ex amnesia and resets neutral. To get damage you need to hit them after.

Outside of the corner and countering throws the above situation doesnt scream broken to me.

You bait it like any other reversal :yeshrug:

Could they take away the mugen combos off of corner throws. Sure :yeshrug:

You know what it probably is the best fukk it :ehh: the upside gives it the push I suppose

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Theyll just be another character everyone picks

Ken does a DP and it lands and you take damage and stops your offense.

JP does ex amnesia and resets neutral. To get damage you need to hit them after.

Outside of the corner and countering throws the above situation doesnt scream broken to me.

You bait it like any other reversal :yeshrug:

Could they take away the mugen combos off of corner throws. Sure :yeshrug:

You know what it probably is the best fukk it :ehh: the upside gives it the push I suppose
i feel like honestly all JP needs is someone to be afraid to advance and he's got the next second or so to run shyt. You bait it like any other but gyad damn. I have JP 1st, Cammy 2nd because her shyt sideswitches which is nuts to me too