Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
One of my fav marvel moments was making top 8 at youmacon like 2013 against footwork and having they whole city rooting against as I bust his ass :mjlit:

I always said the best way to silence them corn nikkas was to win, stop being souf

Footwurk is the bro!!! Yea best way to shut those nikkas up is to beat them!! They heckled us all the time when they won but we made sure to get our lick back anytime a philly player beat them :dead:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Footwurk is the bro!!! Yea best way to shut those nikkas up is to beat them!! They heckled us all the time when they won but we made sure to get our lick back anytime a philly player beat them :dead:
Yea footwurk cool. We used to have ignorant ass arguments on who was the best dante in the midwest.

He traveled more but I got the head to head dubs :mjlit:

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Yea footwurk cool. We used to have ignorant ass arguments on who was the best dante in the midwest.

He traveled more but I got the head to head dubs :mjlit:

Footwurk had a rivalry going with my boy Vada(Young Hot). They would money match every time they at the same tournament. Vada almost beat Chris G last year

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I think this is the greatest grand finals of all time. I just find myself watching this outta nowhere at least once a month. The story, the commentary and the match itself. I can't think of another on it's level. Justin Wong vs Flocker GF at evo 2013 would have been the greatest but unfortunately, Justin dropped his combo and it just ruined it. But this one the David and Goliath story really happened :wow: :blessed:

The bias commentary :mjlol:
Bruh i was there live for this LMAO!!!!! shyt was insane cause Fchamp whooped KBR ass like 10-3 the night before. I remember it like it was yesterday. Me and my boys was like in the second/3rd row and we were with all the ny nikkas(sanford/justin/noel/flux/steve/all of C.O.R.N etc)

Everytime Fchamp won he would standup and taunt KBR and just yell in face saying (THIS IS MY GAME/HOW DARE YOU THINK YOU CAN BEAT ME) shyt like that.

We all like aint no way in hell someone gonna be screaming in my face like that. I dont care how much u beating my ass in the game.

So Fchamp wins the money match and goes all night still gloating. Not sure what KBR was up to., Didn't see him the rest of the night
Fast forward to top 8 the following day and KBR is beating everyone and gets to Fchamp. Immediately everyone says they got money on Fchamp and no one took it but one person. He was like (i got KBR) Some scrawny dude never seen him before. He had to have had about 15 bets cause I know every single one of the people I was hanging out with at the time bet him and he had some other bets as well.

When KBR won both KBR and the dude who bet him was so hyped. It was a surreal moment lmao. :dead: No other fgc game comes close to the Marvel hype!!

Random
Only because i mentioned C.O.R.N i gotta post this off GP! We were singing this during KBR/Fchamp ft15 money match :dead:

Random as well but this was also the tournament where they were doing 100$ coin flips. Spooky(yea the streamer) came up like 800$ lmao

Yeah, I was there at this Evo as well. I think it may have been my first time attending it (nah, 2nd time now that I think about it). Yipes was legendary on the mics. My homie and I was dying laughing. Good shyt.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Yeah, I was there at this Evo as well. I think it may have been my first time attending it (nah, 2nd time now that I think about it). Yipes was legendary on the mics. My homie and I was dying laughing. Good shyt.
:dahell: This was Winter Brawl. A Big E/Philly Event.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:dahell: This was Winter Brawl. A Big E/Philly Event.

Khalil n imaginary player :mjpls: ?

I didn't watch from the start of the vid and only skimmed it while working. That said, I'm pretty sure there was an Evo I went to where KaneBlueRiver took it in Marvel and I was present for it. I wanna say somewhere between 2015-2017, as I only went a couple times during that time frame. Players fukk up sometimes too.:manny: Alas, I don't have every tourney's events, players & results committed to memory the same as ya'll net nerds do, lol.

And I'm hardly imaginary player-ing it fool. I never competed in Marvel nor stated as such. I simply confused the vids here by not watching all the way through.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I didn't watch from the start of the vid and only skimmed it while working. That said, I'm pretty sure there was an Evo I went to where KaneBlueRiver took it in Marvel and I was present for it. I wanna say somewhere between 2015-2017, as I only went a couple times during that time frame. Players fukk up sometimes too.:manny: Alas, I don't have every tourney's events, players & results committed to memory the same as ya'll net nerds do, lol.

And I'm hardly imaginary player-ing it fool. I never competed in Marvel nor stated as such. I simply confused the vids here by not watching all the way through.

Yea u probably talking about the Evo KBR won. Rayray came in second.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

And this is why WB is having NRS make Mortal Kombat 12 instead of Injustice 3. Sales wise, Mortal Kombat is the most successful fighting game franchise in the world.

It was honesty really cool to hear MK mentioned on an earnings call for one of the largest media companies on the planet as if it were one of their major money franchises.

:wow:

Edit: Imagine if gameplay and animation are great on the next game and they did the $1 mil tourney for it :wow:

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:wow:

Edit: Imagine if gameplay and animation are great on the next game and they did the $1 mil tourney for it :wow:

What y'all don't understand about MK is when y'all say the animation is "bad" you're missing that "bad animation" is a design philosophy

MK fights are meant to emulate old choppy martial arts movies. That's why the moves look and sound the way they do

Look at the models when they're doing anything but fighting. They're as smooth as it gets