Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TXSD barely had anyone there (kbrad got third iirc) and he still didn't win. In a tourney with all the new killers I doubt he makes a GF. you got milky, dxp, rayray etc to get through. the tables are far more even on a skill level now.
You're looking at the results instead of the bigger picture. The fact that he was there killed the whole vibe. You could hear it in the commentators. Chris got second from losers, but the point is no one wants to see that shyt. PERIOD. During Chris G 's run people started checking the brackets and see he'd be in Top 8 Winners and go :beli: and not even watch that shyt because he'd win 8 out of the 10 times. shyt just wasn't fun anymore.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You're looking at the results instead of the bigger picture. The fact that he was there killed the whole vibe. You could hear it in the commentators. Chris got second from losers, but the point is no one wants to see that shyt. PERIOD. During Chris G 's run people started checking the brackets and see he'd be in Top 8 Winners and go :beli: and not even watch that shyt because he'd win 8 out of the 10 times. shyt just wasn't fun anymore.

I mean, theres a couple morrigans as good as him now so the bytch is gonna be present regardless but people finally play teams that actively deal with her now too

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Again, i do not see an issue. At this point after all these years, there should be a game plan to deal with him. If he is dominating a game like that it means to me he is very good and people need to match his level if they have issues with it.

I really do not understand the problem of someone consistently being in Top 8, it confuses me.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, i do not see an issue. At this point after all these years, there should be a game plan to deal with him. If he is dominating a game like that it means to me he is very good and people need to match his level if they have issues with it.

I really do not understand the problem of someone consistently being in Top 8, it confuses me.
Bruh his team is just not fun to watch. Nobody in the community likes that shyt. It's annoying to deal with and boring to watch. It's pretty simple to understand why he's hated.

s@n

All Star
Daps

Precisely.

I remember Local Battles ChrisG and those Ryu, Iron, and Wesker teams that were sometimes fun to watch, but ultimately, he rose with team Dieminion.

Remember, vanilla Marvel was all Dark Phoenix and Wesker, just like MVC2 is a handful of viable characters...

When's the last major ChrisG won, anyway? I don't like buddy, and he can continue to make it to Top 8 and lose for all I care; it's his salt at the end of the day. I don't really consider him viable anyway, and there's plenty of team/character variety on the TNS YouTube channel. There are counters for that play style, which is why the complaining doesn't really make sense. The game is not nearly fully explored. There are thousands (if not orders more) of potential play styles when you run the numbers on character and assist combinations. Dudes are currently just running with what works. UMVC3 is a broken game with no real hope of being patched. It's strange to complain about its limitations.

I don't understand the complaints

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reading through the last page, man I don't know if Capcom should do another mvc game.

The Spirit of the series is it being broken.

Once you start trying to balance a vs game for viewers....

It's a wrap.

If the do another mvc game I hope it's a one and done, until it's time for a update or new version like a year or so later.

The meta of the vs series comes out of the pressure of busted stuff.

Idk if old heads have the patience now and new heads have thick enough skin or determination

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Is U:MvC3 making a comeback? If so what are people playing on? No new fighting game has held my interest and this was always my favorite franchise.

Edit: If it is let me know when that got tourneys. I used to watch everyone but I haven't paid attention to the scene like for a long time.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Is U:MvC3 making a comeback? If so what are people playing on? No new fighting game has held my interest and this was always my favorite franchise.

Edit: If it is let me know when that got tourneys. I used to watch everyone but I haven't paid attention to the scene like for a long time.

I think the modding community has renewed interest in umvc3. It's pretty crazy to see what they've added to the mix in the last few months

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
I think the modding community has renewed interest in umvc3. It's pretty crazy to see what they've added to the mix in the last few months
I went back and messed with the mod, Ken is broke as fukk and I love it lol.

I think they've modded in like 12-15 characters or something like that, shyt is wild.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Yo can finally post again.

Anyway FGC is fukking seething over this infiltration drama.

I don't want to defend infil goofy ass too hard but I've been in the FGC almost 10 years now and have seen everyones favorites say and do wayyyy more nefarious shyt than him and they not banned. My issue is where is the consistency, if ya'll gon be some holier than thou lames at least be congruent with it.