Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Iono about "great". It's solid for sure. I personally HATE that moves characters have always had are locked behind V-Trigger. Make it make sense.

Ionno why that doesn't make sense to you, cuz in the cases that goes with what you're saying, those "moves they always had" were generally supers from other SF games, to which means they weren't just readily available without being locked behind another gauge anyways. And that's only a select few that that criteria falls for anyway.

How about you make your statement make sense, bruh. Or maybe you mean to say V-Skills instead of V-triggers, cuz at least that is more accurate, as in using old special moves as V-skills. Even if that's the case, that's easily explained as just making those moves have an easier input and used specifically to build the V-guage.

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Ionno why that doesn't make sense to you, cuz in the cases that goes with what you're saying, those "moves they always had" were generally supers from other SF games, to which means they weren't just readily available without being locked behind another gauge anyways. And that's only a select few that that criteria falls for anyway.

How about you make your statement make sense, bruh. Or maybe you mean to say V-Skills instead of V-triggers, cuz at least that is more accurate, as in using old special moves as V-skills. Even if that's the case, that's easily explained as just making those moves have an easier input and used specifically to build the V-guage.
My statement made plenty of sense, if you disagree, that's fine, but what I said was factual. I meant Trigger, I was thinking of Karin, as she is arguably the most egregious example.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Iono about "great". It's solid for sure. I personally HATE that moves characters have always had are locked behind V-Trigger. Make it make sense.
I can only agree with this on Karin. Other than I PROMISE you don't want them vtriggers as regular moves. Otherwise we got Mortal Kombat:russ::huhldup:

My thing is they gave nikkas everything they wanted with 5

Y'all hate zoning? Here we'll give nikkas ways to deal with fireballs.

Y'all (pretend to)hate option selects? Fine no option selects

Nikkas act like they hate the priority system, which they got from the eternally praised 3rd Strike

And on and on

They got a character for just about anybody. What do you want to do???? Big damage combos? Long ass combos? Zoning? Anime mixups? Somebody in 5 got you covered

And the game is balanced enough that you have variety in tournaments. And before Gill garbage ass you had hardly any matchups as bad as 7-3

Sf5 is the game that taught me that nikkas will never be happy because again I don't know what y'all want:manny: Nikkas aint gonna appreciate 5 until its far too late

Last edited:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
My statement made plenty of sense, if you disagree, that's fine, but what I said was factual. I meant Trigger, I was thinking of Karin, as she is arguably the most egregious example.

She's also about the only example that fits really. Oh and Bison (which this isn't the first time that his psycho crusher got altered in this fashion). I suppose Cody's knife throw could count, but it operates way different than it does in Alpha as a whole. And Alex's spinning DDT. So that's like 4 characters out of 40 and you choose that as something to bytch about, lol? I suppose if they your mains then there's something, but even still...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I can only agree with this on Karin. Other than I PROMISE you don't want them vtriggers as regular moves. Otherwise we got Mortal Kombat:russ::huhldup:

My thing is they gave nikkas everything they wanted with 5

Y'all hate zoning? Here we'll give nikkas ways to deal with fireballs.

Y'all (pretend to)hate option selects? Fine no option selects

Nikkas act like they hate the priority system, which they got from the eternally praised 3rd Strike

And on and on

They got a character for just about anybody. What do you want to do???? Big damage combos? Long ass combos? Zoning? Anime mixups? Somebody in 5 got you covered

And the game is balanced enough that you have variety in tournaments. And before Gill garbage ass you had hardly any matchups as bad as 7-3

Sf5 is the game that taught me that nikkas will never be happy because again I don't know what y'all want:manny: Nikkas aint gonna appreciate 5 until its far too late

Not that you don't know what they want. THEY don't know what they want. But yeah, I fully agree with all this.

Even when cats whine about some legit bullshyt situations in V,.they get convenient amnesia about the bullshyt that existed in previous SF games. The cats that lombaste V but dikk ride IV are the most offensive.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
:ohhh: Yooo that’s dope. Hopefully this means the last character is a guest character.

Cmon Yamazaki.