Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
They aren’t fukkin around with Dan in SFV.

Dude can fukkin VSkill cancel any special move. Those charged fireball baits are gonna be scary.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Look mayne, it's back so that all that matters right know :ufdup:
I assume that it will either be a sequel to 5 or possibly a reboot like Soulcalibur 6

It really needs a full fledged reboot tbh. They can keep the fighting engine with some upgrades, but everything else needs to be done over from scratch.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
It really needs a full fledged reboot tbh. They can keep the fighting engine with some upgrades, but everything else needs to be done over from scratch.

I got a feeling alot of VF oldheads are gonna be pissed when this game drops.

If they are going for eSports they gonna have to cater to casuals, and that means Super Meters.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
I was think that Sega could go with the Killer Instinct (2013)/Soulcalibur 6 approach, but then I realize they never really broaden out the lore of VF at all, so a full fledged reboot would do the series justice especially for potential new comers who aren't familiar with VF.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

If they are going for eSports they gonna have to cater to casuals, and that means Super Meters.

I hear you, tho I don't think they necessarily need that and would be better for that style of game not to have it. But it does need something more dynamic about its overall presentation for sure. The fact that it's a fighting game with practically no memorable characters is insane. It's like a martial arts flick with top fighters, but all have the personalities and looks of Extras.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps

Finding a good balance is definitely going to be hard considering how the majority of fighting games leans towards pros, while only Smash Bros (to an extent) and Injustice caters to casuals. The only series that comes to mind on having a good balance is Mortal Kombat. Some would say Dead or Alive, but Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja chose to cater to an audience that's neither casual or pro.

With VF being gone for almost a decade, they going to need to find a way to please both without alienating them if they want to maintain a overall good scene.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
This game needs some optimism. It's always felt washed out and dull in terms of colours. The characters don't have a lot of enthusiasm and the fighting system is complex to newcomers.

They have a lot to overcome if it will really be a top notch fighter and not Soul Calibur 6.

Do Pai justice in this game

Last edited: