Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
ok breh show me the last tourney MvC2 that was dedicated to marvel drawing in over 1000+ competitors plus over 20k+ viewers in the last 5 years.
:mjtf: so because the numbers for marvel aren't at that level, there's zero comparison between the two to you?

2 old ass games that fans and players are keeping alive, incomparable, okay breh :mjlol:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
:mjtf: so because the numbers for marvel aren't at that level, there's zero comparison between the two to you?

2 old ass games that fans and players are keeping alive, incomparable, okay breh :mjlol:

Besides being old there’s nothing to compare. There is no community for Marvel the game was is dead, Melee still going, that’s my point. Unless Capcom has a MvC release that shyt was hella disrespectful to MK11, Xrd, and BBXTag.

Show me a MvC2 right thriving besides yipes fans screaming, “Fukk the Knicks, and ohh so Pringle’s”

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Valid point, but I say again, the learning curve is so high, having easy mode sequels made it too convenient to not go back (not to mention hardware constraints, you can't buy the game any more, and it's not on current gen systems). That's like expecting people to go and play Super Turbo. ST is better than SF4 and SF5 easy, but ST is tons harder to be good at.

Also, if this was an open tournament with 10K thrown in, you would see a good number of entrants, but it will never be thousands, MVC2 is for the hardcore. Besides the bright colors and comic book characters, it has no casual appeal.

C’mon breh Storm, Magneto, Sentinel, into infinites. Granted it takes skill but all MvC2 is first hit into rote memorization.

there’s no way ST has a higher skill ceiling than SF4 or SFV, I don’t even link USF4, but 1 frame links and FADC blows what ever tech you can think of in super turbo. ST at its core is just footsies and Punk or Terrence or Machabo can be just as dominate in that game.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
C’mon breh Storm, Magneto, Sentinel, into infinites. Granted it takes skill but all MvC2 is first hit into rote memorization.

there’s no way ST has a higher skill ceiling than SF4 or SFV, I don’t even link USF4, but 1 frame links and FADC blows what ever tech you can think of in super turbo. ST at its core is just footsies and Punk or Terrence or Machabo can be just as dominate in that game.
Absolutely not. You're wrong on both.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
MK11 is boring as hell, that's why it got cut. Idk wtf happened, they tried to make a competitive fighter instead of the chaos that was MKX and wound up with a complete snoozefest of a game.

Granblue was always gonna be at EVO 2020. They ran like 2 million ads for it last year. Also EVO has a great relationship with Arc and CyGames is a sponsor.

Mahvel invitational is basically a bonus mini tournament to me. It's not really a main game they need to run set ups for all weekend

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

8hrde00es1f41.jpg

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:yeshrug: I got no problem with the lineup. Unist had a lot of community support and we got we deserved for the hard work. Capcom is about to release 1-2 games this year so that's shoein. MK11 has it's own tour going on so it wasn't viable pick. Guilty Gear about to do another game around that time, and BBTAG no cares about that game. Melee aka White MVC2, ain't nobody want to see that game anymore outside of community, especially Not Nintendo.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Capcom/Evo forced players to move onto 3. Also, MVC2 actually requires you to BE GOOD AT THE GAME, so 09ers were happy to get away from MVC2, because the new players that didn't get bodied terribly you can count on one hand. MVC2 is the fukkING GOAT:wow:

It will be glorious:blessed:

Yipe, Kells, and maybe even Justin at full strength:lupe:

FInally, Yipes vs. Khaos?:whoo:

MAHVEL, BAYBEE

WELCOME TO USA, nikka!:birdman:

fukk THE KNICKS:mjlol:

You had me until the Knicks disrespect.

That's uncalled for breh.

Might see Yipes finally win something again
:skip:

Dude dropped so many combos in MVC3 I was waiting for it to happen, used to be the highlight of his matches.

Sanford byke
:lawd:

Dear God, please don't have Blue Jay on the mic.