Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Evo Japan has 6 Leroys in the Top 8 lol

Any complains about black characters getting done dirty bc of not being in past games etc are done, consensus is he's the most broken character since T4 Jin

Wonder why they let something like this happen to the game, not a good look when literally all your best players are spamming Leroy. What's the point of the rest of the roster at that point, is Fahkumram going to be the same on level bc its heavily lopsided rn.

cry more nikka, all that black excellence on the screen was magnificent :ohlawd:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
More broken than T5 Steve?:russ::russ::russ:

Jin get thrown around the most but you could do either or, it's more there hasn't been anything like this in Tekken for several years.
cry more nikka, all that black excellence on the screen was magnificent :ohlawd:

Go ahead and :ohlawd: your way into a dead game brehs

I'd rather they go all out and buff everyone, put Fahkumram out crazy buffed too before a nerf but something has to happen. Season 3's been all negativity so far and who the fukk wants to sit and watch people out Leroy each other for 6 hours. At least the Dragunov/Jack days required more skill, former champions getting melted by nobodies with this dude and because they aren't using him aint it.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
It's only been a month of Leroy. People complained about Akuma not too long ago and by the next major tournament it might be someone else. Just let it play out before calling T7 dead.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
"They'll just patch before the next major" was said all last month. Next major happened, no patch, and everyone not using him got fukked up. Just came out of Book's mouth after winning, if you wanna win pick Leroy , so folks deserve a right to be upset if the game's now Leroy or Die. Especially people coming all the way from fukking Pakistan lol.

Akuma from FR test builds and Leroy in a 3 year old final release is a false equivalence, plenty characters had cheap shyt back then some obviously had more, everyone is balanced now. Leroy has more tools than any version of Akuma, on top of Akuma being harder to play. Unblockable chain punch, better orbital than Bryan, better parry than Jin since you have to follow up w/ command, Leroy has guaranteed dmg, list goes on. And yeah a top 8 with 6 Akumas never came close to happening.

I agree they'll patch before TWT if nothing else because the heat is too much to not do it, but it sucks for the players an EVO went down like this.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
"They'll just patch before the next major" was said all last month. Next major happened, no patch, and everyone not using him got fukked up. Just came out of Book's mouth after winning, if you wanna win pick Leroy , so folks deserve a right to be upset if the game's now Leroy or Die. Especially people coming all the way from fukking Pakistan lol.

Akuma from FR test builds and Leroy in a 3 year old final release is a false equivalence, plenty characters had cheap shyt back then some obviously had more, everyone is balanced now. Leroy has more tools than any version of Akuma, on top of Akuma being harder to play. Unblockable chain punch, better orbital than Bryan, better parry than Jin since you have to follow up w/ command, Leroy has guaranteed dmg, list goes on. And yeah a top 8 with 6 Akumas never came close to happening.

I agree they'll patch before TWT if nothing else because the heat is too much to not do it, but it sucks for the players an EVO went down like this.

You've got some great points and I think if they want a Season 4 they will have to make some adjustments. My solution isn't "do nothing" but they should let it rock for a bit before making major overhauls to Leroy. This has been the most fun fighting game to watch over the past few years I really want it to succeed.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I'm looking now 13 adjustments

8ylzklntfcd41.png

Nothing major and probably encourages people to pick him up since everyone was holding their breath for mega nerfs. But still, more beatable than this past weekend.

You've got some great points and I think if they want a Season 4 they will have to make some adjustments. My solution isn't "do nothing" but they should let it rock for a bit before making major overhauls to Leroy. This has been the most fun fighting game to watch over the past few years I really want it to succeed.

I'd have rather a new game than another season man but they'll add True Ogre and some more guest characters that won't latch on.

I guess the thing is even with big changes Leroy can still be the best character, he's still like 3 characters in one. It's def the most fun Tekken to play and watch, best installment since T3 and has grown in areas SF dropped the ball in. It's just they made this type of issue in a game they've spent 5 years balancing and apparently aren't fixing it.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Don't know how much input Murray has over the Tekken balance decisions but him blocking people on twitter trying to give constructive feedback isn't helping.

If I was a competitive player who made a living off playing this game I'd be pissed. and most of them are having meltdowns on twitter atm. But as a relative casual who's been playing mid-low tier characters anyway, not really discouraged. Half the roster is Leroy Smith against Bears. Nobody plays Lee or Miguel because they're viable, just fun visually.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Dope to see Marvel 2 on the main stage again but it sucks that its only an invitational they should of brought it back as a full tournament for its anniversary. Also would of been nice to have the people be aware that they were invited beforehand and properly planned it out.