Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
One of my absolute biggest regrets was missing out on Marvel vs Capcom Origins and MVC2 that released on PS3 and Xbox 360.....those were considered damn near the best after the dreamcast version and had online play with good netcode. Then we lost all that shyt in 2013 take off the stores since the marvel and capcom deal expired.

When they redid a new deal for MVC infinite I was hoping those older games would appear back on the online stores and never did. So I been hoping for this potentia collection for a min.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
You really cant kill mahvel :banderas:

Only fanbase that loyal is smash melee

You mean a community that couldn’t keep anyone of the franchises alive:skip:

I take showers so I’m no smasher, but dem dudes kept a 20 yr old game alive where infinite or UMvC3 barely draws in 10 viewers.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

I take showers so I’m no smasher, but dem dudes kept a 20 yr old game alive where infinite or UMvC3 barely draws in 10 viewers.
Capcom/Evo forced players to move onto 3. Also, MVC2 actually requires you to BE GOOD AT THE GAME, so 09ers were happy to get away from MVC2, because the new players that didn't get bodied terribly you can count on one hand. MVC2 is the fukkING GOAT:wow:

It will be glorious:blessed:

Yipe, Kells, and maybe even Justin at full strength:lupe:

FInally, Yipes vs. Khaos?:whoo:

MAHVEL, BAYBEE

WELCOME TO USA, nikka!:birdman:

fukk THE KNICKS:mjlol:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

And mahvel 2 is back, 2 games later, same way melee is still view the way it is in that community

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Wow. So granblue bumped out mk11 and marvel 2 is coming back? What the hell happened there?

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
And mahvel 2 is back, 2 games later, same way melee is still view the way it is in that community

ok breh show me the last tourney MvC2 that was dedicated to marvel drawing in over 1000+ competitors plus over 20k+ viewers in the last 5 years.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
ok breh show me the last tourney MvC2 that was dedicated to marvel drawing in over 1000+ competitors plus over 20k+ viewers in the last 5 years.
Valid point, but I say again, the learning curve is so high, having easy mode sequels made it too convenient to not go back (not to mention hardware constraints, you can't buy the game any more, and it's not on current gen systems). That's like expecting people to go and play Super Turbo. ST is better than SF4 and SF5 easy, but ST is tons harder to be good at.

Also, if this was an open tournament with 10K thrown in, you would see a good number of entrants, but it will never be thousands, MVC2 is for the hardcore. Besides the bright colors and comic book characters, it has no casual appeal.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Valid point, but I say again, the learning curve is so high, having easy mode sequels made it too convenient to not go back (not to mention hardware constraints, you can't buy the game any more, and it's not on current gen systems). That's like expecting people to go and play Super Turbo. ST is better than SF4 and SF5 easy, but ST is tons harder to be good at.

Also, if this was an open tournament with 10K thrown in, you would see a good number of entrants, but it will never be thousands, MVC2 is for the hardcore. Besides the bright colors and comic book characters, it has no casual appeal.
I mean Melee also had much easier sequels that came through and still thrived and is also not on current gen systems. At least Marvel 2 had a ps3/360 port that included online which was available for over 4 years. Melee has never received a port from its original release. Marvel 2 is only a year older than Melee so you can't really use the whole age excuse with it.

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I mean Melee also had much easier sequels that came through and still thrived and is also not on current gen systems. At least Marvel 2 had a ps3/360 port that included online which was available for over 4 years. Melee has never received a port from its original release. Marvel 2 is only a year older than Melee so you can't really use the whole age excuse with it.
Autism:mjgrin:

:troll: