Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
He already is jesus :dead:

Sonic was dominating across the board for years. This is the hottest new IP in the genre in basically forever and he just put out the hottest evo match of all time. It don't get better than that. SF has been trending downwards since 5. Tekken, Soul Calibur, DOA, Injustice - all of those games match him better anyways.

Going all in on SF is what got Punk losing hair. Swear that Karin nerf was just to fukk his life up specifically :mjlol:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Japan stay crying about any character that isnt in THEIR top tier list that wins anything, shyt's wild pretentious and capcom keeps bending over backwards for them

Really I'm not even sure if it has to do with their tier list, I just think they like certain chars period

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
did Daigo really fall off like that? :patrice: I aint heard him making noise at all recently. DId he make any top 8 at any of these majors recently or is he just a gatekeeper now?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
did Daigo really fall off like that? :patrice: I aint heard him making noise at all recently. DId he make any top 8 at any of these majors recently or is he just a gatekeeper now?
Dude been at it for decades. The field just caught up to him. If there's a FGC hall of fame though, he's first ballot

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Daigo got 13th place
twitch reflexes slow as you get older :manny:
That's not how that works.

Tokido is the same age (37) and we see what he does. People misunderstand reactions and their application in sports

Daigo ain't as elite at SFV as y'all want him to be. He's just the name that everybody knows. But Daigo ain't made top 8 at EVO since 2012:manny:

Daigo's popularity is the result of right place/right time but objectively hes never even been the best Japanese SF player at any given time.

5 just ain't his game:manny: and even then he's still up there. Games change, and so do the styles required to play those games. Daigo's doing pretty well considered he overhauled his whole playstyle to be able to hang

Last edited:

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Daigo got 13th place

That's not how that works.

Tokido is the same age (37) and we see what he does. People misunderstand reactions and their application in sports

Daigo ain't as elite at SFV as y'all want him to be. He's just the name that everybody knows. But Daigo ain't made top 8 at EVO since 2012:manny:

Daigo's popularity is the result of right place/right time but objectively hes never even been the best Japanese SF player at any given time.

5 just ain't his game:manny: and even then he's still up there. It happens to us all. Different game:manny:

With that being said, he still bodies everyone in long sets. Lets not forget he had Tokido crying early this year.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Went back in looked at some of the previous evo results and something was in the air in the 2014 cause all the big dawgs got bodied early that year.

And I can't believe Daigo didn't make top 8 with his Evil Ryu in 2015. I remember him running through nikkas that whole yr.