Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

MikeOck

Banned
Daps
I have no problem watching the new smash games

But i agree the fact that these stubborn entitled ass players force everyone to accomodate a 15 year old game is ridiculous

The "gods" of smash are just abusing their power, they know no one can catch up to them, they just stackin money over there
Actually if you ask me, Smash players should be admired for that shyt. If you don't like how a new version of a fighting game plays, then don't buy it and don't play it. Don't play a new release by force just cause its the new thing. This BS is ruining most Street Fighter discussions where there's always some idiots complaining about SFV when they should just have stuck with SF4.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
1. Daigo just won the VS fighting premier event like a month ago
2. A lot of players hold money matches and long sets as the true test of skill since flukes are possible in the best of three format in tournaments. Daigo is the undisputed king of long sets. Give him time to prep against you and some time to download all the data and he WILL body you.
This is factual. Also, realize that someone of his stature probably makes more off money matches and exhibitions that anything tournament related. There are rooms of people paying to test themselves and try to get Ws off a legend like that.

That's yet another thing I loved about MVC2. It brought a certain gambling subculture that was fun as hell. 4 and 5 figure money matches were a regular thing, especially when the gods were involved.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Actually if you ask me, Smash players should be admired for that shyt. If you don't like how a new version of a fighting game plays, then don't buy it and don't play it. Don't play a new release by force just cause its the new thing. This BS is ruining most Street Fighter discussions where there's always some idiots complaining about SFV when they should just have stuck with SF4.
It depends on the reason, with melee it's seems like they dont want to lose the things that allowed them to dominate other players

It's like if MvC3 players never wanted play a new marvel game if they cant hit the zero touch of death, that aint admirable imo

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Problem X on stream breaking down his EVO win and experience and next up he bout to style with G. He said he's considering using on the CPT since he's pretty much qualified for Capcom Cup with the EVO win. :whew:

EDIT: here's the VOD for brehs that missed the live show

Last edited:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps

I just finished watching this. Man I didn't know you could put in work with Spiral, Rogue, or Storm like this!! In the right hands Spiral is invincible, Rogue is a beast, and Storm can mess you up anywhere on the screen. There was one match where breh had a flawless victory with Spiral (I think it was Doc Do). His opponent tried his best to rush him but he was too good. Of all the characters selected in this match, I've only played as Ken or Captain Commando. I never thought I would enjoy a video like this but it was a lot of fun.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I just finished watching this. Man I didn't know you could put in work with Spiral, Rogue, or Storm like this!! In the right hands Spiral is invincible, Rogue is a beast, and Storm can mess you up anywhere on the screen. There was one match where breh had a flawless victory with Spiral (I think it was Doc Do). His opponent tried his best to rush him but he was too good. Of all the characters selected in this match, I've only played as Ken or Captain Commando. I never thought I would enjoy a video like this but it was a lot of fun.
Marvel 2 is easily one of the most fun games ever. All you have to do is get decent, and it's a blast.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Storm is one of the 3 gods in the game along with Magneto and Sentinel