Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah i've seen side switches before, just not at evo, nothin fugazi about it, just doesnt happen all the time

And i've seen Japanese players play rock paper scissors for sides so it is a thing that players have seen before, i wanna say it was Daigo or one of the other Jap gods that pulled that side switch shyt in tournament a few years back too :stopitslime: now that a nikka did it everybody wanna act like it's some new cheat tactic

nikka got 2 shenrons and still lost, no excuses for that
well it's fucc go1 then :leon: i don't got no love for that nicca :pachaha:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep, especially in America though. There was a time, pre-youtube breakdowns and frame data apps, where if you literally didn't live in either NYC, LA, The Bay or Houston you were gonna get washed at any american tournament. A lot of the dudes that made a name for themselves were able to because they happened to play the top players at the time at their home arcades all the time. That's why so many mid-level dudes fell off because they don't have that arcade scene head start. That's not even accounting for dudes in Cali being buddy buddy with Capcom dudes which allowed them to test games while they were still being developed then enter tournaments or the secret "clubs" where dudes would get frame data and info before it was readily available and only share it with their boys.
Nikkas in this bytch preaching gospel now

I wouldn't be half the player I am or have the knowledge i do if I never moved to Houston

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dame: and controversial tactics aside, SonicFox is the greatest talent in the FGC since Justin Wong. I think he should choose one game besides DBZ, DROP everything else, and try to run two games.
Glad you mentioned this because I been feeling for a while like Sonic is Justin 2.0

Sonic's approach to breaking down games and chars is the future of learning fgs efficiently

Much like Justin before him he knows how to dig in a game and find what works and he finds it FAST.

Also Justin's "Wong factor" is Sonic's default settings. He learns at a high volume and overwhelms his opps with it. The name of the game is knowing more situations than your opp and Sonic runs that shyt

He takes a char, finds the broke shyt and builds around it quick as hell. Hes very much like a Japanese player in this regard

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Nikkas in this bytch preaching gospel now

I wouldn't be half the player I am or have the knowledge i do if I never moved to Houston
I actually forgot to mention ATL but yeah man. It was like dudes were playing a completely different game when I moved from the south out to Norcal.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Imma tell you like a nikka told me

Don't EVER go to Sonicfox's Twitter

EVER nikka:damn:
I made that mistake already, nikka fukks men AND women, and probably animals too. These nikkas are the reason AIDS gets spread to the women in our community. I pray that nikka only fukk white bytches.
:dame:

Made me realize that I'm better off just not knowing about these nikkas personal lives.
:scust:

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
I made that mistake already, nikka fukks men AND women, and probably animals too. These nikkas are the reason AIDS gets spread to the women in our community. I pray that nikka only fukk white bytches.
:dame:

Made me realize that I'm better off just not knowing about these nikkas personal lives.
:scust:
So the nikka wanna put on a Scooby Doo mask to fukk bytches (literally :dame:)

Let him cook :mjlol:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
1st at DBZF and one other major game > Top 8 but not win at 4 games. I've never seen anyone be able to win more than one top game, even Justin. That's probably asking too much.
Given the number of entrants for top games it's damn near impossible

Not skillwise, but because of fatigue and running back and forth for pools, nikka already got a shyt ton of bread, bein greedy would just cause him to lose both

1 top win and top 8 in 4 other games is >>> and more realistic for Sonicfox

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Given the number of entrants for top games it's damn near impossible

Not skillwise, but because of fatigue and running back and forth for pools, nikka already got a shyt ton of bread, bein greedy would just cause him to lose both

1 top win and top 8 in 4 other games is >>> and more realistic for Sonicfox
It's more realistic, but if I was in his position:dame::dame::dame::dame: I would try to run DBZ and work on another top game and focus on winning as much as I can in those two. He just has to maintain and adapt, and use the rest of his talents at game #2. He might be able to do it. Doing aight in 3 or 4 other whatever games seems like less winnings.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Kazunoko has won majors in multiple games before. Tokido too
High entrant (money)? I mean like DBZF and SF5. There aren't always times where there are multiple games that get a ton of people. Used to be new SF and Marvel. Right now it's SF5 and DBFZ. For instance, if I was him, I'd stay sharp on DBFZ, and go back to SF5. He was having some success, but drop F.A.N.G. and play atop tier, or near top tier. Stop worrying about Injustice and that other whatever shyt. That would be some Go Jackson type shyt. Not that he hasn't caked already, but that's the type of shyt that would make him legendary, and transcend the "sport" if he could pull it off. A LOT of opportunity could spring up from that.