Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Mofo's are juelzing HARD after seeing how well black players did this evo. Just goes to show it's about Access over everything. If PC's weren't 1500 dollars, and had games that didn't only cater to while male fantasies, black people would take that shyt too.

I been saying this for a decade. Literally. Its part of the reason why the big money games aren't in the FGC too..

But if companies were smart...they'd make the FGC just like boxing/wrestling. All the personalities are in the FGC...much more bankable and marketable IMO. A player like Tokido is tame as hell in the FGC and yet has more charisma that 90% of all esports professionals.

IceDragon

All Star
Daps
Some people are legit mad just because SonicFox iced Go1 with the coin flip.:martin: Evo is the big prize and you have to use every advantage given to you. Doesn't that sort of thing happen in the NBA and NFL?

Daps
Brehs I learned about furries last night :damn::damn:

Need some brehs to go far in CS brehs. I used to play back in the day...only black dude who had any sort of success was that Somali from Sweden.

Daio

PS_UMTS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Little Rock
Left the stream on after cool kid lost. Fell asleep woke at 3am hearing James chen screaming about problem X.

Wish I stayed awake :wow:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some people are legit mad just because SonicFox iced Go1 with the coin flip.:martin: Evo is the big prize and you have to use every advantage given to you. Doesn't that sort of thing happen in the NBA and NFL?
Tbf it was kinda fugazi :patrice:. I have never seen anyone coin toss for side position ever, let alone mid match. But in the same breath, if that's all it takes to rattle you, you a fucc nicca from the beginning and don't deserve it :yeshrug:

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
I think it's important to acknowledge the closing of the skill gap between US(or the rest of the world) and Japan.

Japanese players held god status for very specific reasons, efficiency of the country being really small and dedicated training methods being most prominent reasons

There also arcade culture in Japan which typically resulted in them having games a whole 6 months to a year before they hit they US(world) It's EXTREMELY hard to catch up to such a headstart. Look at the skill gap in Sf4 and anime games. In Sf4 it took at least 5 years for a handful of US players to be able to hold their own. Guilty Gear games get released in the US a year after they're released in jaoan

Simultaneous releases change that:mjgrin:

The gap between Japan and the rest of the world is much smaller now because we all get the games at the same time now. You don't get to come over here looking like gods if we're all learning the game at the same time:manny:

In addition black people have always been really good at fighting games:manny:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrohdltgqn1qcb5ndo1_500.gif

i concur this shyt 100 percent. I dont know if anyone else here has had the chance to play against alex valle and another player, Viscant, but i did in the 90s, particularly at NAMCO's wonderpark and sunnyvale golfland and i will say this, its true, shyt like tekken 2, street fighter 3 etc would be out months in advance and by the time it was time to truly compete the skillgap was VERY present within those tournaments (i got washed at every tournament i ever competed in either way) but i have noticed now that the shyt is released all at once, no more fukking importing games, no more paying 90$ for a japanese only release on sega saturn (xmen vs street fighter) or downloading an entire character roster to a VMU for MVC2.

ayo, :dame: but sonicfox doing what he did is NO different than diego corralles taking out his mouthpief against jose luis castillo or calling a timeout before a huge kick.

i seen them reddit cacs like "THIS IS WHY WE RESPECT JAPANESE PLAYERS BECAUSE THEY HAVE SPORTSMANSHIP" well japan cleaned up after themselves after the world cup, but them swagged out frenchman won the whole fukking thing.

DO NOT let nikkas start taking this shyt over.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Tbf it was kinda fugazi :patrice:. I have never seen anyone coin toss for side position ever, let alone mid match. But in the same breath, if that's all it takes to rattle you, you a fucc nicca from the beginning and don't deserve it :yeshrug:
It was.

But go1 should've told him to fukk off and he had two dragons couldn't save him either. Sonic a scumbag but dude got washed, sent to losers, and washed again. He gotta hold that.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrohdltgqn1qcb5ndo1_500.gif

i concur this shyt 100 percent. I dont know if anyone else here has had the chance to play against alex valle and another player, Viscant, but i did in the 90s, particularly at NAMCO's wonderpark and sunnyvale golfland and i will say this, its true, shyt like tekken 2, street fighter 3 etc would be out months in advance and by the time it was time to truly compete the skillgap was VERY present within those tournaments (i got washed at every tournament i ever competed in either way) but i have noticed now that the shyt is released all at once, no more fukking importing games, no more paying 90$ for a japanese only release on sega saturn (xmen vs street fighter) or downloading an entire character roster to a VMU for MVC2.

ayo, :dame: but sonicfox doing what he did is NO different than diego corralles taking out his mouthpief against jose luis castillo or calling a timeout before a huge kick.

i seen them reddit cacs like "THIS IS WHY WE RESPECT JAPANESE PLAYERS BECAUSE THEY HAVE SPORTSMANSHIP" well japan cleaned up after themselves after the world cup, but them swagged out frenchman won the whole fukking thing.

DO NOT let nikkas start taking this shyt over.
Yep, especially in America though. There was a time, pre-youtube breakdowns and frame data apps, where if you literally didn't live in either NYC, LA, The Bay or Houston you were gonna get washed at any american tournament. A lot of the dudes that made a name for themselves were able to because they happened to play the top players at the time at their home arcades all the time. That's why so many mid-level dudes fell off because they don't have that arcade scene head start. That's not even accounting for dudes in Cali being buddy buddy with Capcom dudes which allowed them to test games while they were still being developed then enter tournaments or the secret "clubs" where dudes would get frame data and info before it was readily available and only share it with their boys.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Nah i've seen side switches before, just not at evo, nothin fugazi about it, just doesnt happen all the time

And i've seen Japanese players play rock paper scissors for sides so it is a thing that players have seen before, i wanna say it was Daigo or one of the other Jap gods that pulled that side switch shyt in tournament a few years back too :stopitslime: now that a nikka did it everybody wanna act like it's some new cheat tactic

nikka got 2 shenrons and still lost, no excuses for that

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
:dame: and controversial tactics aside, SonicFox is the greatest talent in the FGC since Justin Wong. I think he should choose one game besides DBZ, DROP everything else, and try to run two games.

He stands to gain much more bread by being dominant at multiple games.