Official Fargo Season 4 Thread

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
TBH I didn't actually realize that until the finale.
I figured he wanted to be in charge :yeshrug:

ya a handful of ppl peeped it was a coincidence which in hindsight is completely fargo...but I honestly thought he made a play to be head of the family until this last episode...even when he was copping pleas I still thought he was lying until they mentioned he “killed” his brother then realized ok dude actually is the victim of a fukked up set of circumstances lol

They purposely made that interaction ambiguous. I knew he didn't want him dead because he wouldn't have wanted to body the guy that ran the hospital that denied his pops care when they rushed him in there.

Mayflower was just a nut

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They purposely made that interaction ambiguous. I knew he didn't want him dead because he wouldn't have wanted to body the guy that ran the hospital that denied his pops care when they rushed him in there.

Mayflower was just a nut

great point...I guess that’s why they placed the emphasis on him still wanting to kill him even after all the wild shyt that happened before the scene when he was on “trial”...I low key thought it was because he held him responsible for getting mayflower locked up...I had briefly forgotten about the shyt with his pops

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
great point...I guess that’s why they placed the emphasis on him still wanting to kill him even after all the wild shyt that happened before the scene when he was on “trial”...I low key thought it was because he held him responsible for getting mayflower locked up...I had briefly forgotten about the shyt with his pops
He tried to kill dude multiple times too, they were trying to hammer it home to the audience that he wanted revenge for his pops, but...

:ld:

I think the execution of the reveal was ok, it wasn't on the same level as previous seasons 'wtf' moments tho.

I feel like what was missing from this season was the "good/righteous" cop angle. They tried to put those elements all in Ethelrida's character, and while she did a great job, one of the core pieces for every Fargo story, even the movie was the straight shooting cop with great attention for detail.

The cops this season were weak, the Mormon was intriguing, but with so much shyt going on, they kind of clipped his wings... but he wasn't a likable character like the cops/detectives in the other seasons

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He tried to kill dude multiple times too, they were trying to hammer it home to the audience that he wanted revenge for his pops, but...

:ld:

I think the execution of the reveal was ok, it wasn't on the same level as previous seasons 'wtf' moments tho.

I feel like what was missing from this season was the "good/righteous" cop angle. They tried to put those elements all in Ethelrida's character, and while she did a great job, one of the core pieces for every Fargo story, even the movie was the straight shooting cop with great attention for detail.

The cops this season were weak, the Mormon was intriguing, but with so much shyt going on, they kind of clipped his wings... but he wasn't a likable character like the cops/detectives in the other seasons
a lot of the characters were intriguing but just never really got there for me. honestly I didnt really feel strongly for any of the characters other than the satchel/rabbi combo. also there are too many scenes where it felt like Hawley was just trying to hard and it took away from what should have been key scenes. some of the scenes & acting just arent very natural to me, its like hes got the actors trying to deliver some shakespearean soliloquy every other scene

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Also, I really don't think short Fadda meant "kill my pops" when he told her crazy ass to take care of him.

Fooled me. I thought he wanted him dead so he could take over. Even after he died, he didnt really seem bothered by it or ask questions.

Also, when Mayflower was killing him, who was that dude sitting in the chair?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

earlier on tho I thought he was doing it to save face with the crew when I was still under the impression that he wanted her to kill him

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't see any reason to think he wanted her to kill him.

IIRC, didn't they go to another hospital at first but were rejected?

And then we see that Mayflower continues working at the hospital and find out that she has a history of working at different hospitals, killing people, then moving on to the next.

Young Fadda really couldn't spend a lot of time grieving because of the war that was popping off, his crazy brother came home stirring shyt up and he was fukking Mayflower.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
This was easily the worst season of Fargo and honestly if this season had been some limited series called 'Gangs of KC' or some shyt I woulda stopped watching halfway through. Think they dropped the ball giving that part to Chris Rock. Props to him for trying to expand his range but I never believed him at all. Shoulda just let my man Glen Turman handle that part. Never liked the nonsense with the two outlaw women though that was kind of in line with the Fargo style. Then Ethelwhatever was an interesting part but they never actually made her the lead, and the crazy nurse was somewhat interesting but had no reason to exist other than being mildly interesting. I think they had too many plotlines that didn't ultimately matter all that much. They could've really just circled the season around Ethelwhoever and future Mike Milligan and it woulda hit harder I think

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This was easily the worst season of Fargo and honestly if this season had been some limited series called 'Gangs of KC' or some shyt I woulda stopped watching halfway through. Think they dropped the ball giving that part to Chris Rock. Props to him for trying to expand his range but I never believed him at all. Shoulda just let my man Glen Turman handle that part. Never liked the nonsense with the two outlaw women though that was kind of in line with the Fargo style. Then Ethelwhatever was an interesting part but they never actually made her the lead, and the crazy nurse was somewhat interesting but had no reason to exist other than being mildly interesting. I think they had too many plotlines that didn't ultimately matter all that much. They could've really just circled the season around Ethelwhoever and future Mike Milligan and it woulda hit harder I think
The OCD cop got all that screen time and had no payoff that mattered.
:heh:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I knew he was done with the horn blowing the notes like that. I got no problem with him accepting the war is over and standing in happiness and having his fam.... But I was moreso expecting it to be someone else who killed him....who i don't know.

She didn't seem like she was important enough to kill Loy. And then I was secretly hoping Satchel still had his pistol on him when he saw her on the porch.

But in the end Loy dodged death many times and like the big Italian brute brother, his death came completely unexpected and in a meaningless way.

I still liked the season as much as the others, the constant commercial breaks just run my nerves.
I only watched it on premium hulu.

Only way to watch a show so deep

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
:ehh: well, this season wasnt the best, but it was still better than a lot of other TV shows. i didnt mind chris rock, i thought he did fine. the story telling was just kind of odd and inconsistent. Olyphant and my dude from Boardwalk empire were wastes of characters.